One day with Rush

Tom Sawyer

I'd go with Geddy, just because I identify with him a bit more.

But a day with ANY of them would probly be one of the Top 5 events in my life. (I'd say the number ONE event but my wife might be reading)

I know for the most part none of them really relish the idea of being HEROES or IDOLS to anyone. But it's too late. I'm too far gone. I bow to the altar that is Rush and that's just the way it is.

If I *did* spend a day with one of them, I can't decide if I'd turn into the Mad Yacker and talk their ear off or Forrest Gump and be speechless. In theory I might actually settle down after awhile and just be normal. My crack team of interns is still researching that hypothesis. (So they tell me at least, I think they're really just making stuff up and playing Doom 3 all day. Bastards.)

In a related news story, my cousin who is a math major assures me that, statistically speaking, the odds aren't good that I'll meet any of them in my lifetime. Fortunately, I was able to muzzle him and tie him up in the closet before he could tell me the actual probability. Let a man have a dream, ok?

Sigh.

I guess nothing earth-shattering would happen on such a day even if I did meet one of them.

But man, my life sure would seem complete.

cool.gif

Schro

P.S. GG - way to ignore the original poster and co-opt this thread for your own evil purposes. You go girl!

I don't think I would want to spend a whole day with any of them. It would probably get boring after about 30 minutes. We wouldn't know each other at all & it would probably be awkward. I can't imagine they would just want to listen to me talk about their music all day. I don't know very much about either one of them so I couldn't even choose one.

I'm with GG on this one(not for the same reason tongue.gif ), only because I've at least read Neil's books & maybe have a little insight into how he thinks.

All that being said, I would LOVE a meet & greet. Just to say "thanks for all the music over the years".

I would want to hang with Alex. (big surprise there eh? tongue.gif ) I would just want to spend a normal day, and maybe listen to him play, like a jam with the other guys. I am sure that we miss a lot of fantastic stuff when they have sessions.

I'd like to hang out with Neil too, thing is, with the meet and greets, it's all but obvious he'd never "allow" a fan to hang out with him.

I also agree with GG (again like DM said) but not for the same reason.

But realistically (yeah, that's important in this thread) I'd choose to hang with Alex.

So here is what we'd do... first I'd love to play golf with him, I suck at it, but I know Alex likes it and it would be a great way to relax, then we'd go to his studio and I ask him for some lessons (not the song, doh.gif ) some tips and suggestions from the master himself. I am a beginner guitar player and it would make my day to get some hands on axe time from Lerxt.

We would wrap up the day just visiting about the last 36/37 years he's been a musician, I've read a fair amount of the beginings of Rush, but still can't get enough. I especially like the stories of the pranks and stuff.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Mar 29 2005, 04:18 PM)
Alex, because I could kick his ass and take his money on the golf course.

Are you planning to mug him at the tee, on the green, or in the clubhouse?

laugh.gif

I'd love to have Neil give me a drum lesson or something, but a day with Geddy would be way more fun. But a day with Alex would be filled with non-stop laughter, cause he's such a funny guy. It's a tough decision-I can't choose!

Geddy!! biggrin.gif

I've always wanted to impress him so bad... We'd have a killer jam session, and he'd teach me his tricks in "La Villa Strangiato" and "The Big Money..."

God, I wish he were my big brother...

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 29 2005, 12:51 PM)
his thoughts on why we're here...

I'd imagine he'd say something like, "Because we're here, roll the bones." smile.gif

I'd pick to spend a day with Geddy. Of course, I'd like to spend time with any of them for different reasons. Geddy is what I want to do with my life.

We would definitely have to jam. He could show me some things on bass and we could go to a baseball game or somthing like that.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Mar 30 2005, 03:51 PM)
I did get to meet Ged and Al. At the time I sort of wished I wasn't five months pregnant. I mean, how can I hit on Ged when I'm showing? laugh.gif

Tee hee, Soddy...

"Geddy, I want you to hold me close...well, as close as you can, I gotta bun in the oven!"

wub.gif

Archived