One day with Rush

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 rickyrob

rickyrob

From Russia...With Love

• Members *
  • 8414 posts
  • Interests:Football, Ice Hockey, Fantasy Sports Leagues, Astronomy, Films, Photography, Travel.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 29 2005, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 29 2005, 11:35 AM)
Ok, we know Neil is a private kinda guy, so as much as many of us would love to spend time with him,
the reality is, its the least likely to ever happen.

Awwww....c'mon!!!!  What about MY dreams, huh?

cool.gif

So, I shall answer the question anyway, and NOT in the way you all think, either. tongue.gif

If I could spend an entire day with Neil, I'd want to get up early and have him fix me breakfast (rumor is he can make really good coffee smile.gif).  Then I'd like to help him get the bike ready and hop on behind him...go flying down one of those lonely highways and experience the world from his bike, the way he has so many times.  I'd like to end the journey somewhere in the mountains, maybe a ski lodge...have a fantastic dinner with great wine, talk to him about his journey out of despair, his love of nature, his thoughts on why we're here...then have dessert and perhaps a wee bit of the Macallan.  Then, I'd want to sit on an enormous sofa by the fire and Neil would read to me (one of his books, some Edward Abbey, or the phone book....whatever).  The end. *

*If you believe that's the end, then you disappoint me.  Listening to him read to me would, *ahem* be quite inspiring, so to speak...and so then...we'd adjourn to the RomperRoom (thanks, Schro, for that particular euphemism biggrin.gif).

Oh, and perhaps the next day, after regaining his strength drool1.gif  icon_really_happy_guy.gif I'd get him to play the drums.   rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif
I apologize for completely going against the rules of this thread, but I couldn't help myself.  It's a sickness.  smile.gif

ooooooh! ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif so you'd play snooker with him ALL night?? Surely that doesn't take up too much energy now? laugh.gif  doh.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:23 AM

Snooker....yes...that's it...

angel.gif

#23 Daylin

Daylin

Mapquest

• Members
  • 10085 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:39 PM

I'd luv to spend the day with Geddy!

In Rivendell.  (enough said) laugh.gif  

#24 Sodoff Baldrick

Sodoff Baldrick

She rides a pitch black steed...

• Members *
  • 2207 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:51 PM

I did get to meet Ged and Al. At the time I sort of wished I wasn't five months pregnant. I mean, how can I hit on Ged when I'm showing? laugh.gif

#25 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Mar 30 2005, 03:51 PM)
I did get to meet Ged and Al. At the time I sort of wished I wasn't five months pregnant. I mean, how can I hit on Ged when I'm showing? laugh.gif

Tee hee, Soddy...

"Geddy, I want you to hold me close...well, as close as you can, I gotta bun in the oven!"

wub.gif  

#26 Guest_Quigley_Moog_*

Guest_Quigley_Moog_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:54 PM

I would like to meet Gedward. He is very cool. I would ask him if he sold all his keyboards as the years past and (if not) if he ever planned to bring out old ones on tour again; i.e. Oberheim OB-X, PPG Wave 2.3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users