Intro videos

KevinDallas

The intro videos during the last few tours have been awesome so I expect the same on the next tour. I'm sure they'll do something with Paul Rudd and Jason Segel from I Love You, Man. Maybe they'll do the scene with Paul Rudd while he's trying to describe 2.gif to his fiance. "I slap-a-da-bass man!" I'm sure there will be some surprises with the videos but I think I Love You, Man will definitely be a major player.

agree completely, i could just see Paul Rudd on a huge screen saying "i'm slappin da bass mon" and then geddy opening with some epic bass line - would work perfectly.

No matter who or what are in their videos they will be awesome - I wonder if they have spoken to John Cleese again????

I cannot wait 1022.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Apr 1 2010, 08:16 AM)
agree completely, i could just see Paul Rudd on a huge screen saying "i'm slappin da bass mon" and then geddy opening with some epic bass line - would work perfectly.

No matter who or what are in their videos they will be awesome - I wonder if they have spoken to John Cleese again????

I cannot wait 1022.gif

2.gif

Pardon my ignorance but what is the story with John Cleese? confused13.gif

QUOTE (KevinDallas @ Apr 1 2010, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Apr 1 2010, 08:16 AM)

I cannot wait  1022.gif

2.gif

Pardon my ignorance but what is the story with John Cleese? confused13.gif

Rush approached John Cleese (of Monty Python) to do the rap at the end of Roll the Bones but he wasn't available so geddy did it.

QUOTE (KevinDallas @ Apr 1 2010, 08:10 AM)
The intro videos during the last few tours have been awesome so I expect the same on the next tour. I'm sure they'll do something with Paul Rudd and Jason Segel from I Love You, Man. Maybe they'll do the scene with Paul Rudd while he's trying to describe 2.gif to his fiance. "I slap-a-da-bass man!" I'm sure there will be some surprises with the videos but I think I Love You, Man will definitely be a major player.

I sure f**king hope not. That is amongst the shittiest, gayest movies I've ever seen in my entire life.

Seriously.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 1 2010, 08:27 AM)
I dont care much about the videos. Just turn the house lights down, play the Three Stooges theme, and go out and play.

Don't you mean the Benny Hill theme?

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 1 2010, 07:16 AM)
The intro videos during the last few tours have been awesome so I expect the same on the next tour.  I'm sure they'll do something with Paul Rudd and Jason Segel from I Love You, Man.  Maybe they'll do the scene with Paul Rudd while he's trying to describe  2.gif  to his fiance.  "I slap-a-da-bass man!"  I'm sure there will be some surprises with the videos but I think I Love You, Man will definitely be a major player.

I sure f**king hope not. That is amongst the shittiest, gayest movies I've ever seen in my entire life.

Seriously.

facepalm.gif

Dude, I LOOOOVED that movie. I'm so happy it's coming to cable this month! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

That would be so cool if they included that scene in the show - providing they can get permission to use it, and that they even thought of it... confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2010, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 1 2010, 07:16 AM)
The intro videos during the last few tours have been awesome so I expect the same on the next tour.  I'm sure they'll do something with Paul Rudd and Jason Segel from I Love You, Man.  Maybe they'll do the scene with Paul Rudd while he's trying to describe  2.gif  to his fiance.  "I slap-a-da-bass man!"  I'm sure there will be some surprises with the videos but I think I Love You, Man will definitely be a major player.

Seriously.

facepalm.gif

Dude, I LOOOOVED that movie. I'm so happy it's coming to cable this month! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

That would be so cool if they included that scene in the show - providing they can get permission to use it, and that they even thought of it... confused13.gif

We've beaten this to death. I know you love the movie and that is fine. Buy it and watch it until it burns out your TV, that is great.

What horrifies me is the thought Rush might use snippets in their show. To me this would cheapen the show, and for many fans myself included I would definitely *hate* to see that, it would ruin part of the experience for me for sure.

If Rush gets anything from pop culture or any actors or whatever to do something really interesting an awesome as part of their show then that is cool - I loved the South Park bit last tour for sure. Just don't use some awkward B class *garbage* just because you can. That would cheapen the experience IMO.

Please God, Santa, Lucifer whoever, please don't have Rush use bits of this movie as part of their show!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 1 2010, 09:16 AM)

Seriously.

How can any Rush fan not like I Love You Man???? such a hilarious film which has also raised the bands popularity and awareness to a younger audience (much needed)

I think alot of Rush fans need to lighten up just a little.

2.gif

That movie doesn't appeal to me either.

I wish they would have used the popular scene out of Rosemary's Baby when they opened the Snakes and Arrows concert, not that the one they used was bad or anything.

"what have you done to it, what have you done to his eyes, you MANIACS!!!"

Alex in crib: "I have my father's eyes, you stupid bitch!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (tripdad @ Apr 1 2010, 12:44 PM)
I'm thinking Family Guy will be incoporated somehow.

Cool. Anything would be better than that suck-ass vid they had for The Larger Bowl .

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 1 2010, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (tripdad @ Apr 1 2010, 01:44 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

yes.gif

Ditto for "I Love You Man" a movie I have not seen, nor do I care to see.

But hey, it's just one fan's opinion.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 1 2010, 09:23 AM)
I dont care much about the videos.  Just turn the house lights down, play the Three Stooges theme, and go out and play.

nope, its the original stooges theme they used on the signals through the presto tours (and I think VT as well)...

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 1 2010, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 1 2010, 09:23 AM)
I dont care much about the videos.  Just turn the house lights down, play the Three Stooges theme, and go out and play.

nope, its the original stooges theme they used on the signals through the presto tours (and I think VT as well)...

Listen to "A Show of Hands" live, right at the start they have the Three Stooges Intro. Now *that* was a cool intro, as was the 2001 Odyssey giant nut & bolt in outer space Counterparts bit.

1022.gif

Seriously.

wtf.gif

Wow, seriously? You are the first guy I have spoken with (Rush fans and non Rush fans) who has said that...it's such a "guy" movie. I thought it was totally hilarious...and having the huge Rush references just added to it.

I'm guessing you hated Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Superbad? Wedding Crashers?

More of a When Harry met Sally fan?

QUOTE (English Muffin @ Apr 1 2010, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Apr 1 2010, 04:06 PM)
such a hilarious film which has also raised the bands popularity and awareness to a younger audience (much needed)

Not really for the better unfortunately sad.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 1 2010, 12:47 PM)

Cool. Anything would be better than that suck-ass vid they had for The Larger Bowl .

Dude? WTF. Bob and Doug Mckenzie rule!

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 1 2010, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 1 2010, 12:47 PM)

Dude? WTF. Bob and Doug Mckenzie rule!

trink39.gif For sure!

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 1 2010, 04:53 PM)

Seriously.

wtf.gif

Wow, seriously? You are the first guy I have spoken with (Rush fans and non Rush fans) who has said that...it's such a "guy" movie. I thought it was totally hilarious...and having the huge Rush references just added to it.

Seriously man. Face palm.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 1 2010, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 1 2010, 04:53 PM)

Seriously.

wtf.gif

Seriously man. Face palm.

laugh.gif