Cruising... hard to do when Rush is touring...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Synthetic

Synthetic

The Seeker

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

So I just came off of 2 back-to-back cruises on the Carnival Triumph and spent a good portion of my annual vacation time therein.

I really wish they would friggin publish the tour dates already because I am scheduled to take 2 more cruises this year but have not paid for them yet...  I need to know if I need the vacation time to see Rush or if I can simply fly in and fly out...

GRRRR Please make an announcement soon!

Sponsored Post

#2 Alex

Alex

"This IS my happy face!"

• Members *
  • 12902 posts
  • Interests:Business, Cars, Economics, Politics, Philosophy

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Tought shit  tongue.gif  

#3 -D-RocK-

-D-RocK-

knuckle draggin' canucklehead

• Members *
  • 9854 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to list but here are some: Cycling, Girls, Hiking, Books, Food & Wine, Hockey, Football, Travel, Girls, Aviation, My Telescope, Skiing & Boarding, etc. etc. etc........

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

Wow, ain't life a bitch.

#4 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

Two more cruises?  Is this somehow connected to your job or do you just have an expensive addiction to large boats?

#5 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 30 2010, 05:44 PM)
Tought shit  tongue.gif

laugh.gif  

#6 Spike

Spike

I am NOT a dude. I am a chick.

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Acadia National Park, biking, hiking, swimming, kayaking

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

I could give you crap about taking so many cruises (MUST be tough) - but I'm in the same "boat" (D'oh! Bad pun!).

My husband and I schedule our vacations 6 months out, and we take a few days off every month to go to our vacation home.  He's bugging me to schedule our May-Oct. vacation dates, and our families are bugging us to make summer plans with them.  I keep saying "Not until Rush announces their tour dates."

I'm also waiting to hear about tour plans for a few other bands, including Vertical Horizon.  If both Rush and VH play Milwaukee's Summerfest in early July, I'll fly out for that.  But it's on my husband's birthday - so he's going to be a little upset with me!

#7 trenken

trenken

Ray Of Sunshine

• Members
  • 3703 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

A tour is already confirmed by the band themselves? I was under the impression that these were more internet rumors, as usual.

I'm looking on their site, no mention of a tour.

#8 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:36 PM

I have to schedule surgery (a piece of my artificial hip needs replacing) sometime within the next year and you'd better believe I am waiting til I see a concert schedule.  
My husband pointed out that if I do this right, I can get the "good" handicapped seating.  I countered by telling him that there are people who will need it more than me, people who are confined to wheelchairs for life.  Not doing that.  But I'm not attending a Rush concert on crutches if it can be helped.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users