What should Geddy have onstage this tour?

Mara

I'm really trying to think of what he might come up with to top the chicken roasters. (Yes, things are slow at work).

An ATM that spits out real cash (to be dispensed to the crowd) comes to mind!

But seriously. . .what large fun object should occupy space on his side of the stage? Thoughts?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about it and if he uses this idea I want commission. Old school 80's video game machines with Mics at the bottom. Pac Man, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Asteroids etc.... Every so often someone comes out with a quarter....well you know the routine. That would be so cool to have a mini arcade right behind Ged.

Same here, in fact I suggested this in a previous thread. Geddy should have a couple of rows of vintage video arcade games ala Subdivisions, such as Asteroids, Gorf, Centipede, Tempest, Defender, Missile Command, etc.... 1022.gif

The only problem I can see with arcade machines (and it's a cool idea) is that past the first few rows no one will be able to tell what the machines are. Yes, you'll be able to see that they're 80's era video games, but not what's on the screens.

I like the video game idea, but maybe it needs to be a large one with pac men running across or whatever.

But what would be really funny is one of the large animals from the Olympic finale. Or a Presto bunny.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 29 2010, 10:44 PM)
I like the video game idea, but maybe it needs to be a large one with pac men running across or whatever.

But what would be really funny is one of the large animals from the Olympic finale. Or a Presto bunny.

Oh yes, the giant beaver!!! rofl3.gif

To have balance with Alex's side of the stage, it should be something square or rectangle (hence the dryers & chicken roasters of the past). The video game thang is a pretty good idea. If they used that they should go with TEMPEST since it's the one the kid played in the Subdivisions video. Other than that, I'm thinking: a toaster (if they want to continue the food angle), a small box-shaped car (why not?), or a phone booth (of course!).

2.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 29 2010, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (mankad89 @ Mar 30 2010, 01:01 PM)
honestly none. If anything, inukshuks. How badass would that be?

That would've been pretty cool when they were touring for that album 13 years ago

angry.gif

A midget running a hot dog stand should come out every 3 or 4 songs selling his product to strippers in wheelchairs wearing hockey masks. Before the next song, they would drag out these 8 foot replicas of those 'Star Wars' glasses from 'Burger King' one at a time. By the end of the show, he would have the whole collection behind him. No. That would be stupid. How about a giant lava lamp that shot sparks and lasers out of the top. Rock and Roll!

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Mar 30 2010, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 29 2010, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (mankad89 @ Mar 30 2010, 01:01 PM)
honestly none. If anything, inukshuks. How badass would that be?

That would've been pretty cool when they were touring for that album 13 years ago

angry.gif

You took my post the wrong way. Think of it this way: it'd be pretty cool if they had a big blue owl, a red fire hydrant, a top hat, or some big dice on stage somewhere but yeah, they're not promoting those albums either. IF they played something off T4E and the inukshuk popped up somehow then yeah, it'd work. Otherwise, there's no point keeping it on there for the entire gig.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Mar 30 2010, 04:28 AM)
A midget running a hot dog stand should come out every 3 or 4 songs selling his product to strippers in wheelchairs wearing hockey masks. Before the next song, they would drag out these 8 foot replicas of those 'Star Wars' glasses from 'Burger King' one at a time. By the end of the show, he would have the whole collection behind him. No. That would be stupid. How about a giant lava lamp that shot sparks and lasers out of the top. Rock and Roll!

rofl3.gif goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

How about a few of the time machines from DR WHO in a row in other words the telephone boxes or the TARDIS as referred to in the series. Geddy could introduce a song "going backwards in time" and a character from that song and time could emerge. 2.gif

Instead of the chicken roasters, how about just a few large cages with live chickens in them? That would really get PETA fuming!

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Mar 29 2010, 11:28 PM)

Great ideas, don't forget the 18" Stonehenge.

A giant bank of frozen drink machines?