shaun3701

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RushNut @ Mar 25 2010, 10:04 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/33419025942.gif

rofl3.gif applaudit.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Due to the particular(and insane) way Summerfest has been announcing the headliners, I'm not worried.

The pattern is: announce 1, wait until after the tickets go on sale(usually about 2 weeks) then announce another. Tickets go on sale for one of the acts Saturday(March 27), so we're due for an announcement next week.

That should be Rush, Usually on a Thursday(April 1,April Fool's day), with tickets going on sale the following week...seems to be just Rush's sense of humor, wouldn't you say?

A little present from the Easter(Presto?) bunny.

Wait for it!

Edited by nettiesaur

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Mar 25 2010, 06:52 PM)
They're cutting it kind of close here for a summer tour, aren't they?

Their new download hit is entitled, "Ain't No Fun Waiting Around To Be A Zillionaire."

I hear Neil secretly loves AC/DC.

laugh.gif

Signed,

ABC

I mean YYZ

schla03.gif

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Mar 25 2010, 09:18 PM)
its ALMOST April, and its ALMOST summer (even though its -6 C in Toronto). thats the main problem with thread.

and the tour is pretty much confirmed anyway.

it's 80F here in California... summer is already here.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 01:16 AM)
There will be no tour. Why would they tour without a new album in the works? It is not happening. I would guess a new album in the fall and a tour next year.

rofl3.gif Poor handicapping job on that one.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Mar 25 2010, 08:52 PM)
They're cutting it kind of close here for a summer tour, aren't they?

This was nothing but a rumor, they're working on songs right now, noone said for sure there was a summer tour. Maybe summer 2011 would make a lot more sense.

Guys - seriously...there's a tour. It starts late June. It will be announced soon I'm sure. It's been in the planning stages since December. Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point. Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate. It's 100% happening.

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Mar 26 2010, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 02:16 AM)
There will be no tour. Why would they tour without a new album in the works? It is not happening. I would guess a new album in the fall and a tour next year.

Agreed.

I wish, but no chance. Every interview and piece of info from RIAB seems to contradict this.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 26 2010, 10:16 AM)
Guys - seriously...there's a tour. It starts late June. It will be announced soon I'm sure. It's been in the planning stages since December. Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point. Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate. It's 100% happening.

K we'll see. They just said in that hour long interview they are writing songs, you know a lot of bands that go out on tour before an album is done? I sure as hell dont.

Everything that's been said outside of what Geddy and Alex said about writing is rumors, the band never mentioned anything about a tour. It's all fabricated on the internet.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 03:56 PM)
Guys - seriously...there's a tour.  It starts late June.  It will be announced soon I'm sure.  It's been in the planning stages since December.  Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point.  Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate.  It's 100% happening.

K we'll see. They just said in that hour long interview they are writing songs, you know a lot of bands that go out on tour before an album is done? I sure as hell dont.

Everything that's been said outside of what Geddy and Alex said about writing is rumors, the band never mentioned anything about a tour. It's all fabricated on the internet.

There will not be an album released prior to the upcoming tour.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 08:56 AM)
Guys - seriously...there's a tour.  It starts late June.  It will be announced soon I'm sure.  It's been in the planning stages since December.  Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point.  Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate.  It's 100% happening.

Rush Is A Band got the Olympics wrong, but there's just too much info about tour dates they've compiled for it not to happen. Although I guess anything is possible prior to a 100% definitive confirmation.

Yeah this is why I'm more skeptical this time around.. I mean, even Ged and Alex in the interview were saying they have a few songs together but nothing like "Stay tuned very soon!" And no news from the Rush camp itself. I know rush.com isn't the best source sometimes, oddly enough, but last time, they did hint at announcements for the tour.

So... who knows.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 10:56 AM)

Neil specifically commented on the possibility on touring before an album was finished in yesterday's interview along with about half a dozen others over the past several months so there's little doubt about that.

I realize it's not official till it's official, but if you know it's happening (which I do) then it's not a rumor. And if you don't want to believe me or any of the other people with similar knowledge, then believe Neil's drum tech who posted a status update stating that he'll be on the road this summer.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 26 2010, 12:48 PM)

goodpost.gif

Good posting? It's completely wrong.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 26 2010, 02:17 PM)

goodpost.gif

You don't know that he is wrong and I don't know that he is right. Let me know when OFFICIAL documentation comes out.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 26 2010, 10:09 PM)

goodpost.gif

You don't know that he is wrong and I don't know that he is right. Let me know when OFFICIAL documentation comes out.

Did you not read the article from Alex??

Oh yeah, you probably didn't.

Try reading the article, then complain. It's in another thread.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 26 2010, 11:09 PM)

goodpost.gif

Are you kidding me?!

First, I do KNOW that he is wrong as I've fortunate enough to be privy to the tour details for quite some time.

Second, at this point so does everyone else unless you consider Alex laying out their plans for the next 18 months in detail today combined with Neil's drum tech posting that he'll be on the road this summer still not persuassive enough for you.