Almost April... no tour announcement?

shaun3701

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 26 2010, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 01:16 AM)
There will be no tour. Why would they tour without a new album in the works? It is not happening. I would guess a new album in the fall and a tour next year.

goodpost.gif

Hey you never know. April Fool's Day is coming! confused13.gif

Ever see that cool horror movie called "April Fool's Day?"

Classic.........

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 27 2010, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 26 2010, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 26 2010, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 26 2010, 12:48 PM)
There will be no tour. Why would they tour without a new album in the works? It is not happening. I would guess a new album in the fall and a tour next year.

goodpost.gif

Good posting? It's completely wrong.

You don't know that he is wrong and I don't know that he is right. Let me know when OFFICIAL documentation comes out.

Are you kidding me?!

First, I do KNOW that he is wrong as I've fortunate enough to be privy to the tour details for quite some time.

Second, at this point so does everyone else unless you consider Alex laying out their plans for the next 18 months in detail today combined with Neil's drum tech posting that he'll be on the road this summer still not persuassive enough for you.

All these clues are great, and it is likely that they will be touring. But at the end of the day there has been no official announcement so until there is, all we can do a fantasize.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 26 2010, 11:12 PM)
Did you not read the article from Alex??

Oh yeah, you probably didn't.

Try reading the article, then complain. It's in another thread.

I did read the article from Alex. Just because Alex says something doesn't make it official.

Alex also said awhile back that they wanted to do a b-side tour, we all know how that worked out......

Trust me, I want Rush to tour as much as the next guy, we are on a Rush forum for Pete's sake. Give me something official, then I will get excited.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 26 2010, 11:48 AM)

goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif

Where has the BAND stated that there will be a tour for sure this year?

QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 26 2010, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 26 2010, 10:16 AM)
Guys - seriously...there's a tour.  It starts late June.  It will be announced soon I'm sure.  It's been in the planning stages since December.  Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point.  Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate.  It's 100% happening.

K we'll see. They just said in that hour long interview they are writing songs, you know a lot of bands that go out on tour before an album is done? I sure as hell dont.

Everything that's been said outside of what Geddy and Alex said about writing is rumors, the band never mentioned anything about a tour. It's all fabricated on the internet.

Neil specifically commented on the possibility on touring before an album was finished in yesterday's interview along with about half a dozen others over the past several months so there's little doubt about that.

I realize it's not official till it's official, but if you know it's happening (which I do) then it's not a rumor. And if you don't want to believe me or any of the other people with similar knowledge, then believe Neil's drum tech who posted a status update stating that he'll be on the road this summer.

I hate to tell you this, but you dont know anything about what they're doing. You have no connection to the band, and they havent announced anything. End of story. Everything else is rumors, nothing more, we see this every year on this site. Here we go again, everyone knows about a summer tour the band themselves wont even talk about, when it's already almost april. lol

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 27 2010, 01:55 PM)

goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif

They didnt. Someone started a rumor and all of a sudden the band is on tour, when they just said last week they are busy writing songs. These are old men, Neil just had a baby. They arent going to start writing an album, then put it on hold for 6 months, work on it again, then tour again. They never even did that when they were young.

Dumbest shit ive read on this site in years.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 28 2010, 07:49 AM)

goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif

They didnt. Someone started a rumor and all of a sudden the band is on tour, when they just said last week they are busy writing songs. These are old men, Neil just had a baby. They arent going to start writing an album, then put it on hold for 6 months, work on it again, then tour again. They never even did that when they were young.

hehehe, yes my friend, that's exactly what they're doing. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 28 2010, 10:25 AM)
I can't believe there are still some people doubting the validity of a tour after that interview with Alex came out?!?! banghead.gif

Mybe they're trying reverse psychology on themselves? If they keep telling themselves it WONT, then it WILL! rofl3.gif

It really is fascinating.

I can totally get them not believing Score Out. I do believe him but to some he's not a "legitimate" source, and that's respectable.

After Alex himself has CLEARLY stated forty dates are booked for a tour in mid-June, people are gonna insist it's not "official" confirmation? Sheesh. He knows more than any of us do, and I'm pretty sure he's not gonna lie to his fan base. To me, it doesn't get more official than to be confirmed by a member of the band, and Alex is the guy.

Just because the website doesn't have it up doesn't mean it ain't happening. Lighten up, folks. Rush will tour in 2010.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 28 2010, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 26 2010, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 26 2010, 10:16 AM)
Guys - seriously...there's a tour.  It starts late June.  It will be announced soon I'm sure.  It's been in the planning stages since December.  Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point.  Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate.  It's 100% happening.

K we'll see. They just said in that hour long interview they are writing songs, you know a lot of bands that go out on tour before an album is done? I sure as hell dont.

Everything that's been said outside of what Geddy and Alex said about writing is rumors, the band never mentioned anything about a tour. It's all fabricated on the internet.

Neil specifically commented on the possibility on touring before an album was finished in yesterday's interview along with about half a dozen others over the past several months so there's little doubt about that.

I realize it's not official till it's official, but if you know it's happening (which I do) then it's not a rumor. And if you don't want to believe me or any of the other people with similar knowledge, then believe Neil's drum tech who posted a status update stating that he'll be on the road this summer.

I hate to tell you this, but you dont know anything about what they're doing. You have no connection to the band, and they havent announced anything. End of story. Everything else is rumors, nothing more, we see this every year on this site. Here we go again, everyone knows about a summer tour the band themselves wont even talk about, when it's already almost april. lol

Dude - if you want to say that you don't believe what I'm telling you as I haven't provided sources that's entirely your right. But to call me a liar and say I don't know what I'm talking about and have no connection to this information is ignorant and insulting and simply makes you look like a fool as this information is now as close to official as you're going to get. And if you're so confident I'm wrong, let's make a wager. Any amount, any terms related to touring or not touring. Name it.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 28 2010, 07:49 AM)

goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif

Dumbest shit ive read on this site in years.

Wow are you going to feel stupid very soon. Then again, based on your analytical abilities from what I've read in these posts from you I'd guess you probably feel that way pretty often.

btw - Please refer to the pre-release versions of about a dozen major songs (including Tom Sawyer, Limelight, & Subdivisions) from the late 70s to early 80s that were all debuted on tour prior to going back to record them.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 27 2010, 12:17 PM)

I did read the article from Alex. Just because Alex says something doesn't make it official.

Alex also said awhile back that they wanted to do a b-side tour, we all know how that worked out......

Trust me, I want Rush to tour as much as the next guy, we are on a Rush forum for Pete's sake. Give me something official, then I will get excited.

Um, Alex says they are touring.

Neil says they are touring.

Geddy is getting in shape to do a tour.

All according to articles released in the passed few days.

So if you know something contrary to that , and can prove it. Say so.

What source tells you that they aren't, other than that the dates haven't been released?

That Milwaukee date has been public knowledge for months. There is no headliner for that date on the Summerfest site, but a concert is scheduled. This has NEVER happened before. Summerfest doesn't do news leaks like that. They are pretty tight lipped about who is playing until there is an official announcement. So I have to say that it's a sure shot that they are touring this year, and playing virtually in my backyard.

Where's your proof that they aren't going to tour?

Olivia is a not a newborn. Kyra is about to finish High School. Alex is a Grandpa. Babies need diapers and a college fund. wink.gif Daddies/Grandaddies need a retirement fund. laugh.gif Touring = cash. Why wouldn't they go for it?

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 28 2010, 02:46 PM)

What source tells you that they aren't, other than that the dates haven't been released?

That Milwaukee date has been public knowledge for months. There is no headliner for that date on the Summerfest site, but a concert is scheduled. This has NEVER happened before. Summerfest doesn't do news leaks like that. They are pretty tight lipped about who is playing until there is an official announcement. So I have to say that it's a sure shot that they are touring this year, and playing virtually in my backyard.

Olivia is a not a newborn. Kyra is about to finish High School. Alex is a Grandpa. Babies need diapers and a college fund. wink.gif Daddies/Grandaddies need a retirement fund. laugh.gif Touring = cash. Why wouldn't they go for it?

If read the article closely, Alex is mention things that they PLAN to do or would LIKE to do. There are no concrete official statements. Just like a few months ago when he mentioned that he would LIKE to do a b-sides tour....

Trust me, the band is not in that dire need of money where that HAVE to tour THIS summer!! right away! your too naive.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 28 2010, 07:59 PM)

If read the article closely, Alex is mention things that they PLAN to do or would LIKE to do. There are no concrete official statements. Just like a few months ago when he mentioned that he would LIKE to do a b-sides tour....

Trust me, the band is not in that dire need of money where that HAVE to tour THIS summer!! right away! your too naive.

I dont know whether to rofl3.gif

or wacko.gif

or confused13.gif

but for now I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're cool10.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 28 2010, 01:46 PM)

Well so far the best proof is there has been no official annoucement.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Mar 28 2010, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 28 2010, 01:46 PM)

Olivia is a not a newborn. Kyra is about to finish High School. Alex is a Grandpa. Babies need diapers and a college fund. wink.gif  Daddies/Grandaddies need a retirement fund.  laugh.gif  Touring = cash. Why wouldn't they go for it?

Well so far the best proof is there has been no official annoucement.

I have it on good authority that all official 2.gif announcements about new releases and tour dates will come form here; http://www.rush.com/v4.html

All other sources are questionable at best, (especially those who claim to have an inside track, which if they really did, they wouldn't advertise it, for obvious reasons...) so please don't ask me how I know this, my connections are confidential... tongue.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by CygXanTor

There's just a small difference between saying "I think it would be fun to do a B-sides tour sometime" and "We're going on tour in June and we'll do 45 shows and finish up in October," don't you think?

Amazing people are still doubting this. There's been like 4 interviews this weekend referencing a tour. It's happening - be happy.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 28 2010, 11:41 PM)
There's just a small difference between saying "I think it would be fun to do a B-sides tour sometime" and "We're going on tour in June and we'll do 45 shows and finish up in October," don't you think?

Amazing people are still doubting this. There's been like 4 interviews this weekend referencing a tour. It's happening - be happy.

It's truly remarkable. Christ, they don't say anything, people will complain. The band openly makes remarks about doing shows, and that's STILL not good enough. I just don't get it.

My God. A MEMBER OF THE BAND said they will do 45 shows this summer, record an album, and hit the road again. The only reason it probably hasn't been officially announced, and I could be wrong, is probably because a few dates still need to be ironed out or they have the announcement planned for a set date and the rumors caught wind on the internet early.

I've never planned a tour, but I'm sure it's not easy as 1-2-3 boom, here's our tour announcement. There has to be a lot of planning involved in order to make sure things go as planned. I have a good feeling Rush are in the process of this now and we should get an announcement very soon.

You skeptics need to chill out. I'm pretty sure they don't teach lying to your demographic in Marketing courses, and I'm sure Alex Lifeson isn't just talking out of his ass. The Rush fan base is a large one I'm sure he doesn't want to disappoint, which is more a reason to believe he ain't making any of this up.

Like Score Out said, Rush is touring. Be happy. Life's too short.

I am happy. If any of you would bother to read my posts I said I do want them to tour and hope that they do. I plan on buying tickets myself (as long as there aren't 6 S&A songs on the set list lol) I just need something official, something concrete.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 29 2010, 06:03 PM)
I am happy. If any of you would bother to read my posts I said I do want them to tour and hope that they do. I plan on buying tickets myself (as long as there aren't 6 S&A songs on the set list lol) I just need something official, something concrete.

What the heck is more concrete than all 3 of them saying(in one way or another) that they are touring?

Wait for it, it'll happen!

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 29 2010, 08:03 PM)

I know for a fact they are playing Mohegan Sun Casino on July 19th. Nothing has ever been more definite. Its already on there Summer schedule.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 28 2010, 11:41 PM)

I am happy now, however you're completely missing my point SO. You can't just sit there and say "it's going to happen" and expect us all to simply accept your personal word as gospel. I for one need more than that. I don't know you, and the only thing I know about you is that (presumably) you're a fellow 2.gif fan... 1022.gif ... So again, forgive my earlier scepticism.

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Mar 31 2010, 03:11 PM)
ranton.gif

Man, I cannot wait for the official announcement. 

All this "insider" stuff is getting really annoying.

rantoff.gif

cool.gif

In a nut-shell... wink.gif

Edited by CygXanTor

The 2010 tour is on. Starts mid June in Albuquerque,NM.

For those of you who need that "official" announcement, it will be coming soon. Hopefully by Apr 5th or so.

40-45 Dates...then back to the studio in the fall to complete the album Back on tour in 2011 hitting and hitting way more cities than on 2010 tour.