64 replies to this topic

#1 shaun3701

shaun3701

The Professor

• Members
  • 3375 posts
  • Interests:some unknown Canadian band

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

They're cutting it kind of close here for a summer tour, aren't they?

Sponsored Post

#2 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts
  • Location:Actual location changes many times per hour normally.
  • Interests:Milsurp rifles

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

user posted image

#3 xredsectorx

xredsectorx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3358 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, attempting to write music, Xbox, attending as many concerts as possible, listening to music...

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (RushNut @ Mar 25 2010, 10:04 PM)
user posted image

rofl3.gif  applaudit.gif  icon_really_happy_guy.gif  

#4 KillerInstinct

KillerInstinct

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

its ALMOST April, and its ALMOST summer (even though its -6 C in Toronto). thats the main problem with thread.

and the tour is pretty much confirmed anyway.

#5 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Due to the particular(and insane) way Summerfest has been announcing the headliners, I'm not worried.
The pattern is: announce 1, wait until after the tickets go on sale(usually about 2 weeks) then announce another. Tickets go on sale for one of the acts Saturday(March 27), so we're due for an announcement next week.
That should be Rush, Usually on a Thursday(April 1,April Fool's day), with tickets going on sale the following week...seems to be just Rush's sense of humor, wouldn't you say?
A little present from the Easter(Presto?) bunny.

Wait for it!

Edited by nettiesaur, 25 March 2010 - 11:18 PM.

#6 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Mar 25 2010, 06:52 PM)

Their new download hit is entitled,  "Ain't No Fun Waiting Around To Be A Zillionaire."

I hear Neil secretly loves AC/DC.

laugh.gif

Signed,

ABC

I mean YYZ  

schla03.gif  

#7 Earthshine

Earthshine

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4302 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

There will be no tour. Why would they tour without a new album in the works? It is not happening. I would guess a new album in the fall and a tour next year.

#8 shaun3701

shaun3701

The Professor

• Members
  • 3375 posts
  • Interests:some unknown Canadian band

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Mar 25 2010, 09:18 PM)
its ALMOST April, and its ALMOST summer (even though its -6 C in Toronto). thats the main problem with thread.

and the tour is pretty much confirmed anyway.

it's 80F here in California... summer is already here.

#9 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts
  • Location:Actual location changes many times per hour normally.
  • Interests:Milsurp rifles

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 26 2010, 12:41 AM)

Signed,

ABC

I mean YYZ  

schla03.gif

You mean.... YY Zed?

#10 Score Out

Score Out

The Seeker

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 01:16 AM)
There will be no tour. Why would they tour without a new album in the works? It is not happening. I would guess a new album in the fall and a tour next year.

rofl3.gif Poor handicapping job on that one.  

#11 trenken

trenken

Ray Of Sunshine

• Members
  • 3703 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Mar 25 2010, 08:52 PM)

This was nothing but a rumor, they're working on songs right now, noone said for sure there was a summer tour. Maybe summer 2011 would make a lot more sense.

#12 JimboGames

JimboGames

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1483 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 02:16 AM)

Agreed.

#13 Score Out

Score Out

The Seeker

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Guys - seriously...there's a tour.  It starts late June.  It will be announced soon I'm sure.  It's been in the planning stages since December.  Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point.  Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate.  It's 100% happening.    

#14 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Mar 26 2010, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 02:16 AM)

Agreed.

I wish, but no chance.  Every interview and piece of info from RIAB seems to contradict this.

#15 trenken

trenken

Ray Of Sunshine

• Members
  • 3703 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 26 2010, 10:16 AM)
Guys - seriously...there's a tour.  It starts late June.  It will be announced soon I'm sure.  It's been in the planning stages since December.  Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point.  Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate.  It's 100% happening.

K we'll see. They just said in that hour long interview they are writing songs, you know a lot of bands that go out on tour before an album is done? I sure as hell dont.

Everything that's been said outside of what Geddy and Alex said about writing is rumors, the band never mentioned anything about a tour. It's all fabricated on the internet.

#16 Tony R

Tony R

Prog Archivist

• Members *
  • 16917 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 03:56 PM)
Guys - seriously...there's a tour.  It starts late June.  It will be announced soon I'm sure.  It's been in the planning stages since December.  Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point.  Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate.  It's 100% happening.

K we'll see. They just said in that hour long interview they are writing songs, you know a lot of bands that go out on tour before an album is done? I sure as hell dont.

Everything that's been said outside of what Geddy and Alex said about writing is rumors, the band never mentioned anything about a tour. It's all fabricated on the internet.

There will not be an album released prior to the upcoming tour.

#17 Tony R

Tony R

Prog Archivist

• Members *
  • 16917 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

This from CP:

Rush has reserved backup gear from Performance Audio in Salt Lake City for August 5th at the USANA amphitheater.

#18 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 08:56 AM)
Guys - seriously...there's a tour.  It starts late June.  It will be announced soon I'm sure.  It's been in the planning stages since December.  Most of the dates have been booked for at least a couple of months at this point.  Rushisaband has a few of them posted - and all but 1 or 2 (that may have since been corrected - I haven't checked) are accurate.  It's 100% happening.

Rush Is A Band got the Olympics wrong, but there's just too much info about tour dates they've compiled for it not to happen.  Although I guess anything is possible prior to a 100% definitive confirmation.

#19 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

Yeah this is why I'm more skeptical this time around..  I mean, even Ged and Alex in the interview were saying they have a few songs together but nothing like "Stay tuned very soon!"  And no news from the Rush camp itself.  I know rush.com isn't the best source sometimes, oddly enough, but last time, they did hint at announcements for the tour.  

So... who knows.  

#20 Score Out

Score Out

The Seeker

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 10:56 AM)

Neil specifically commented on the possibility on touring before an album was finished in yesterday's interview along with about half a dozen others over the past several months so there's little doubt about that.

I realize it's not official till it's official, but if you know it's happening (which I do) then it's not a rumor.   And if you don't want to believe me or any of the other people with similar knowledge, then believe Neil's drum tech who posted a status update stating that he'll be on the road this summer.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users