What is your favorite Muse studio Album  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Muse studio Album

• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance

Surprised to see there is no official MUSE thread here yet, with all the love the band gets........so I made one.......

I am saddened that I am as of only a few months ago just discovering this amazing band........but am glad I am seeing them in just a couple of days biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------

My favorite album is so far "Absolution", just utter fantastic! (BH&R is a close second) Though I still need to pick up their first album, and the live album.

Good idea to make an official thread trink39.gif

I only got into this band a months ago too. But they are already one of my favorite bands. I chose Black Holes and Revelations. Great tunes on that album, I really love it. Origins of Symmetry would be second for me.

So far, my top five are:

1. Black Holes and Revelations

2. Absolution

2. Origin of Symmetry

4. The Resistance

5. Showbiz

To me, Absolution has songs that I like a lot - basically everything through "Butterflies and Hurricanes" - but then takes a dip towards the end. Origin seems more consistent, but I don't love as many songs on it as I do Abso. I can't really pick one over the other, but if I absolutely had to, I'd probably go with Abso.

As for purchases... the next two will be Hullabaloo and HAARP, but it will definitely be a while because I want to get more familiar with the Muse that I currently own. Hunter, which one do you recommend I get first.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 14 2010, 08:14 PM)
So far, my top five are:

1. Black Holes and Revelations
2. Absolution
2. Origin of Symmetry
4. The Resistance
5. Showbiz

To me, Absolution has songs that I like a lot - basically everything through "Butterflies and Hurricanes" - but then takes a dip towards the end. Origin seems more consistent, but I don't love as many songs on it as I do Abso. I can't really pick one over the other, but if I absolutely had to, I'd probably go with Abso.

As for purchases... the next two will be Hullabaloo and HAARP, but it will definitely be a while because I want to get more familiar with the Muse that I currently own. Hunter, which one do you recommend I get first.

First, I have to say I agree with you completely on Absolution. I've always thought that those last 4 songs, while great and absolutely deserving of being on the album, are placed awfully. The problem is those first 8 tracks sound wonderful together so how to split them up?! Ruled By Secrecy and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist are great closers though.

I'm torn over which release to recommend next. Given you've got Showbiz and Origin at 3rd and 5th maybe Hullabaloo isn't the best choice even though it's my favourite. HAARP is great, and to watch them killing Wembley on their first try is a joy, but I still find it doesn't sound great whereas Hullabaloo is an angry, energetic and mad performance. Plus, with Hullabaloo you'd be getting some B-Sides from the Showbiz/Origin era, some of which are better than some stuff they've put out on the last two albums. Essentially, HAARP is a more rounded overview of their career played live, but it misses some great songs out. Hullabaloo enhances some of the songs on it, especially the Showbiz tracks, and you might find yourself liking that album and Origin more and more by hearing those songs how they should be heard - Live. Have you considered the Hullabaloo DVD? That's far more comprehensive and blows HAARP and Absolution Tour away.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 14 2010, 05:36 PM)
I'm torn over which release to recommend next. Given you've got Showbiz and Origin at 3rd and 5th maybe Hullabaloo isn't the best choice even though it's my favourite. HAARP is great, and to watch them killing Wembley on their first try is a joy, but I still find it doesn't sound great whereas Hullabaloo is an angry, energetic and mad performance. Plus, with Hullabaloo you'd be getting some B-Sides from the Showbiz/Origin era, some of which are better than some stuff they've put out on the last two albums. Essentially, HAARP is a more rounded overview of their career played live, but it misses some great songs out. Hullabaloo enhances some of the songs on it, especially the Showbiz tracks, and you might find yourself liking that album and Origin more and more by hearing those songs how they should be heard - Live. Have you considered the Hullabaloo DVD? That's far more comprehensive and blows HAARP and Absolution Tour away.

I was thinking about Hullabaloo Soundtrack for the mix of live tracks and b-sides. I'll probably get it, then HAARP, then the Hullabaloo DVD, and finally the Abso Tour DVD (because Amazon only has it in Region 2).

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 14 2010, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 14 2010, 05:36 PM)

I was thinking about Hullabaloo Soundtrack for the mix of live tracks and b-sides. I'll probably get it, then HAARP, then the Hullabaloo DVD, and finally the Abso Tour DVD (because Amazon only has it in Region 2).

It's a shame they didn't package the DVD with the CD. You can't go wrong with any of those choices, really. Although, if you've got albums, something visual might be better to go with next.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 14 2010, 03:24 PM)
And here's a cool video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0zFarYxo3A

Epic. F***ing. Win.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 14 2010, 04:36 PM)

I agree with this fully. The live versions on Hullabaloo are great. so raw and energetic, I love those early 2000's songs live they had so much energy to them.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 14 2010, 04:56 PM)
How is Showbiz? I know most of the album is re-recordings of 2 EP's that were their first releases.

I like most of Showbiz. Some songs are weak and some a just fantastic.

Sunburn

Showbiz

Muscle Museum

Uno

Sober

Those are my favorites from the album.

Its worth a listen just for those songs alone IMO

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 14 2010, 09:56 PM)
How is Showbiz? I know most of the album is re-recordings of 2 EP's that were their first releases.

Yes, about 8 tracks appeared on the two EP's before hand. Honestly, it's a great little album. Sounds nothing like Radiohead at all which is the common opinion, and has a really raw sound. Muse were so angsty and energetic back then. I reckon it's waaaaay better than the last two albums and with some tracks missed off it'd be on a par with Origin and Abso. Buy it if you can.

There isn't one I don't Like so this is hard. but if I had to order them:

1. Origin Of Symmetry

2. Black Holes & Revelations

3. Absolution

4. The Resistance

5. Showbiz

I still say they are all equally kickass

Just got back from the show in Nashville!

What a spectacular experience.... just amazing, the songs, the crowd, the lights..... one of the best concerts I've ever been to!

However, I think next time I will buy a seat instead of general admission on the floor.... I was not in shape for the show laugh.gif It never formed a full on Mosh Pit on the floor, but the crowd there on the floor had all the intensity and fervor of a mosh pit.... and I got into it as well.....but I was physically drained by 5 songs into the set biggrin.gif It was fun nonetheless.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 16 2010, 01:30 AM)
However, I think next time I will buy a seat instead of general admission on the floor....  I was not in shape for the show laugh.gif  It never formed a full on Mosh Pit on the floor, but the crowd there on the floor had all the intensity and fervor of a mosh pit.... and I got into it as well.....but I was physically drained by 5 songs into the set  biggrin.gif  It was fun nonetheless.

I'm the opposite. laugh.gif I was jumping up and down in the seats, but no one else was. Really wish I could have been down front with the crowd. yes.gif

This is cool

MUSE - Live At SXSW Presented By Myspace Music
After a week-long promotion of on-air teases on the FOX show "Human Target," it was announced during the show tonight that Muse will be playing a show presented by MySpace Music at the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. The show is this Friday, March 19 at Stubb's. Doors open at 7:30 PM and Metric will open.

The show will be open to SXSW badge holders and MySpace Music will additionally provide a replay of the concert on myspace.com/muse beginning on Sunday, March 21st.

This will mark the most intimate venue that Muse will play on their current tour. If you can't be there, be sure to check back to myspace.com/muse  on Sunday for footage from this once-in-a-lifetime event.

I am defiantly checking this out tomorrow, I think alot of you should too....don't know how long it will be up