Eating well

GhostGirl

This past week it's been EASY to eat well because it is so bleeding HOT. The last thing I want when it's 107 in the shade and 6700% humidity is a big heavy meal. Or hot food. No thanks, I'll eat some cherries or blueberries or something, protein bars for lunch (yeah, I know, but they fill me up without making me feel like I just ate a ton).

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 24 2010, 08:37 PM)
This past week it's been EASY to eat well because it is so bleeding HOT. The last thing I want when it's 107 in the shade and 6700% humidity is a big heavy meal. Or hot food. No thanks, I'll eat some cherries or blueberries or something, protein bars for lunch (yeah, I know, but they fill me up without making me feel like I just ate a ton).

I've had the same problem - it takes a LOT for me to not want to eat, but lately it's been so miserable outside. Blech.

I'm trying very hard to watch my diet for the next couple of months up until the wedding.

I find the opposite in the summer with eating -- the hot makes me tired so that tricks my body into needing food to give it energy. Plus, there is so much yummy stuff to eat in the summer -- like cookout food, fattening salads (potato, pasta), and BEER! I hardly drink the rest of the year but have no problem knocking back 2-3 beers any given summer night.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Jul 24 2010, 07:35 PM)
I tried to make hummus the other day and failed. Any tips? It had the consistency of glue. I did forget to get lemon juice at the store so I left it out, do you think if I get some and mix it in that it would help?
Also I think it's a bit strong, too much tahini or too much garlic?

lemon juice is essential...otherwise, glue. Try making it again...the lemon juice might mellow the flavors.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 27 2010, 07:28 PM)
I'm trying very hard to watch my diet for the next couple of months up until the wedding.

I find the opposite in the summer with eating -- the hot makes me tired so that tricks my body into needing food to give it energy. Plus, there is so much yummy stuff to eat in the summer -- like cookout food, fattening salads (potato, pasta), and BEER! I hardly drink the rest of the year but have no problem knocking back 2-3 beers any given summer night.

It's weird... Brides to Be usually gain a ton of weight or lose a ton because of the wedding stress. So I say.. as long as your dress still fits you'll be fine. smile.gif

I really love your dress BTW... it's elegant without being too showy.

Over the last 7 monthsl I have made a decision to do something about my weight. By eating healthily, cutting fats etc I have lost 63 lbs so far. I would like to loose another 20 lb in the next 6 months. I was fantastic this week buying jeans 4 sizes smaller and finding that they were too big!

QUOTE (Angua @ Aug 28 2010, 07:52 PM)
Over the last 7 monthsl I have made a decision to do something about my weight. By eating healthily, cutting fats etc I have lost 63 lbs so far. I would like to loose another 20 lb in the next 6 months. I was fantastic this week buying jeans 4 sizes smaller and finding that they were too big!

Congrats! smile.gif

I know the feeling about buying new clothes laugh.gif Feels awesome doesn't it? Though it can be a bit expensive too laugh.gif

QUOTE (Angua @ Aug 28 2010, 05:52 PM)

Awesome!!!

I had that very experience today too. I bought a pair of skinny jeans 2 sizes smaller than what I was before summer. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Angua @ Aug 28 2010, 04:52 PM)

Wow! That is fantastic! And I think wanting to drop another 20 lbs in six months is a totally reasonable goal. You can do it!

I know how good it feels when you eat healthy foods. For me I also like how I feel after I exercise.

I've shared this story elsewhere but I'll post it here too... When I was pregnant with baby #2 I ended up gaining 75 lbs in seven months. Normally I run and have been running for years and assumed I was going to run through the pregnancy but things didn't happen that way. Couldn't run, ate more food than I realized, packed the weight on... seven months later, all that weight! So when baby was nine days old I got back out there, started paying close attention again to what I was eating and how much and ramped up my mileage quickly. The weight came off! It felt so good getting rid of all my maternity clothes and digging out my regular clothes.

Thanks. I want to start playing hockey (field not ice) this autumn, I haven't felt confident enough for the last few years 'cos of the weight. I want to ramp up the exercise level over the next few months. I had some fries recently and couldn't eat them cos they now taste too greasy smile.gif

QUOTE (Angua @ Aug 29 2010, 11:31 AM)
Thanks. I want to start playing hockey (field not ice) this autumn, I haven't felt confident enough for the last few years 'cos of the weight. I want to ramp up the exercise level over the next few months. I had some fries recently and couldn't eat them cos they now taste too greasy smile.gif

The same thing happens when I eat fast food these days. Every now and then a hamburger tastes good but the fries are gross and I hate how gut-bombed I feel afterwards.

It's good to have goals to shoot for because it keeps you going, especially since you want to lose more weight. I think field hockey sounds fantastic! Go for it!! smile.gif