• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#181 Angua

Angua

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

Over the last 7 monthsl I have made a  decision to do something about my weight.  By eating healthily, cutting fats etc I have lost 63 lbs so far.  I would like to loose another 20 lb in the next 6 months.  I was fantastic this week buying jeans 4 sizes smaller and finding that they were too big!

Sponsored Post

#182 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Angua @ Aug 28 2010, 07:52 PM)
Over the last 7 monthsl I have made a  decision to do something about my weight.  By eating healthily, cutting fats etc I have lost 63 lbs so far.  I would like to loose another 20 lb in the next 6 months.  I was fantastic this week buying jeans 4 sizes smaller and finding that they were too big!

Congrats!   smile.gif

I know the feeling about buying new clothes  laugh.gif   Feels awesome doesn't it?  Though it can be a bit expensive too  laugh.gif  

#183 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Angua @ Aug 28 2010, 05:52 PM)

Awesome!!!

I had that very experience today too. I bought a pair of skinny jeans 2 sizes smaller than what I was before summer. biggrin.gif  

#184 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Angua @ Aug 28 2010, 04:52 PM)

Wow! That is fantastic! And I think wanting to drop another 20 lbs in six months is a totally reasonable goal. You can do it!

I know how good it feels when you eat healthy foods. For me I also like how I feel after I exercise.

I've shared this story elsewhere but I'll post it here too... When I was pregnant with baby #2 I ended up gaining 75 lbs in seven months. Normally I run and have been running for years and assumed I was going to run through the pregnancy but things didn't happen that way. Couldn't run, ate more food than I realized, packed the weight on... seven months later, all that weight! So when baby was nine days old I got back out there, started paying close attention again to what I was eating and how much and ramped up my mileage quickly. The weight came off! It felt so good getting rid of all my maternity clothes and digging out my regular clothes.

#185 Angua

Angua

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

Thanks.  I want to start playing hockey (field not ice) this autumn, I haven't felt confident enough for the last few years 'cos of the weight.  I want to ramp up the exercise level over the next few months.  I had some fries recently and couldn't eat them cos they now taste too greasy smile.gif

#186 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Angua @ Aug 29 2010, 11:31 AM)
Thanks.  I want to start playing hockey (field not ice) this autumn, I haven't felt confident enough for the last few years 'cos of the weight.  I want to ramp up the exercise level over the next few months.  I had some fries recently and couldn't eat them cos they now taste too greasy smile.gif

The same thing happens when I eat fast food these days. Every now and then a hamburger tastes good but the fries are gross and I hate how gut-bombed I feel afterwards.

It's good to have goals to shoot for because it keeps you going, especially since you want to lose more weight. I think field hockey sounds fantastic! Go for it!!  smile.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users