Eating well

GhostGirl

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b_sigh.gif

All this trying to eat right is getting pretty annoying eh.gif

Went to dietician for first time the other day and after evaluating my eating habits told me I have to eat more carbs....pretty much saying I'm being TOO careful.

Need more carbs or else my body will start drawing energy from my muscles which will cause them to start shrinking....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 22 2010, 03:41 PM)
b_sigh.gif 

All this trying to eat right is getting pretty annoying  eh.gif 

Went to dietician for first time the other day and after evaluating my eating habits told me I have to eat more carbs....pretty much saying I'm being TOO careful.

Need more carbs or else my body will start drawing energy from my muscles which will cause them to start shrinking....

they're saying you have too many muscles? http://usera.ImageCave.com/RolindaBonz/muscles.gif

yes.gif eating right is VERY annoying sad.gif

especially when everyone else wants to eat yummy food

...like pizza, which, i, uh, ate tonight. oops.gif

back to REAL food tomorrow 1287.gif

I had some home-made chicken noodle soup with white meat chicken, carrots, celery, corn, whole wheat pasta. Then some whole grain bread to compliment. Not horrible by any means. But, I am really craving the Skittles in my son's room... ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 22 2010, 11:46 PM)
b_sigh.gif 

they're saying you have too many muscles? http://usera.ImageCave.com/RolindaBonz/muscles.gif

No laugh.gif

your body gets its energy from carbs....if there isn't enough carbs your body will seek an alternative source for energy and that would be the muscles....this would cause your muscles to shrink and weaken you.

love the muscles smiley! cool.gif

...like pizza, which, i, uh, ate tonight. oops.gif

back to REAL food tomorrow 1287.gif

Screw it!! I just had pizza for dinner!!! common001.gif 653.gif laugh.gif

IT WAS SO GOOOOD!!!!

Just 3 slices of a small pizza.....thin whole wheat crust, bruschetta sauce, chicken, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, green peppers.

Not the REAL pizza we all love but nonetheless it was pretty good.

I figure a healthy kind of pizza wouldnt hurt once in awhile biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 23 2010, 04:37 PM)

...like pizza,  which, i, uh, ate tonight.  oops.gif

back to REAL food tomorrow  1287.gif

IT WAS SO GOOOOD!!!!

Just 3 slices of a small pizza.....thin whole wheat crust, bruschetta sauce, chicken, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, green peppers.

everything in moderation, you can have almost anything if you usually watch your diet, and keep the portions small.

IT WAS SO GOOOOD!!!!

everything in moderation, you can have almost anything if you usually watch your diet, and keep the portions small.

Unfortunately, I've been stressed out lately, and have not been watching it as closely as I should. Cookies are my downfall.

but, whatever I've been doing(vegetables, vegetables, vegetables, occaisional cookie), I've lost 6 pounds since Easter.

Well... I've fallen off the healthy wagon the past couple of weeks. I've been dealing with some high-stress situations and have felt kind of paralized by them. So, I haven't been all that focused on getting my excersise, and I haven't been eating very much. I feel like doo-doo because of it. I need to remind myself that when I'm stressed is when I need excersise the most. Those endorphines would make all of the craziness easier to deal with. But, food just isn't appealing right now. Nothing sounds good, and my stomach is in knots all the time. Blah!!!!!

I really wish I had the spare time to go to a yoga class a couple of times a week. I'd love to be able to zone out and feel calm. My muscles are all in knots along with my stomach.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 27 2010, 08:35 AM)

Well... I've fallen off the healthy wagon the past couple of weeks. I've been dealing with some high-stress situations and have felt kind of paralized by them. So, I haven't been all that focused on getting my excersise, and I haven't been eating very much. I feel like doo-doo because of it. I need to remind myself that when I'm stressed is when I need excersise the most. Those endorphines would make all of the craziness easier to deal with. But, food just isn't appealing right now. Nothing sounds good, and my stomach is in knots all the time. Blah!!!!!
I really wish I had the spare time to go to a yoga class a couple of times a week. I'd love to be able to zone out and feel calm. My muscles are all in knots along with my stomach.

sad.gif sorry to hear that, Stacy. hug2.gif

you're right about this being the best time to work out yes.gif

it is sooo good for stress relief.

there's NO WAY i'd be able to get away to the gym no.gif

i hafta do dvd's at home, and even then, i get interrupted sometimes.

but my kids have gotten pretty good about leaving me alone while i exercise.

tyler used to make fun of me, until i made him do a workout WITH me. laugh.gif

and sometimes i gotta FORCE myself to eat, especially breakfast. 062802puke_prv.gif

i wish i could just have coffee for breakfast smile.gif

but whenever i do, i pig-out at lunch eyesre4.gif

but the best thing about eating healthy is feeling GREAT!

no heart burn, no head aches, no belly aches. cool.gif

ye, i'm sore from working out, but at least its a REASSURING pain.

i figured out after i turned 30, that something is going to hurt. always.

either i feel tired and weak, dragging ass, or i'm sore from exercise. wacko.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 23 2010, 08:07 PM)

IT WAS SO GOOOOD!!!!

Unfortunately, I've been stressed out lately, and have not been watching it as closely as I should. Cookies are my downfall.

but, whatever I've been doing(vegetables, vegetables, vegetables, occaisional cookie), I've lost 6 pounds since Easter.

that sounds tasty, Testy. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

congrats, Nettie cheer.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 27 2010, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 23 2010, 08:07 PM)

IT WAS SO GOOOOD!!!!

that sounds tasty, Testy. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

congrats, Nettie cheer.gif

Yeah it does taste pretty good!

I was VERY surprised at my blood level reading afterwards.....dropped way down to 4.5.

Funny thing is after a small bowl of cereal (fibre one, milk, strawberries) that morning it went up to 9.8.

I don't get it confused13.gif

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

When they aren't charging an arm and a leg, I work these into my diet. I buy them when they are hard so I can ripen them myself.

Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit.

Avocados and Cardiovascular Disease

Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, but a healthy diet and exercise plan may help reduce your risk of developing the life-threatening illness.

The American Heart Association (AHA) Dietary Guidelines recommend a diet that has at least five servings of fruits and vegetables, contains up to 30% of calories from fats (primarily unsaturated) and is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, trans fats and sodium while being rich in potassium. Avocados can help you meet the AHA dietary guidelines because they have both monosaturated and polyunsaturated fat and contain potassium.

Edited by liquidcrystalcompass

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 23 2010, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 23 2010, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 23 2010, 10:51 AM)
Has anyone ever tried Almond milk?

My levels have been shooting up every time I eat cereal and discovered it was because of milk (I've been trying 1% whole milk; do not like skimmed milk yuck).

So I tried Almond Breeze and I actually don't mind it.  Just waiting for a bit to test my blood and see what results it brings....

Damn my blood level went up high sad.gif

Ugh...

Could it be the cereal itself, Rick?

I use almond breeze for smoothies - haven't tried it just for drinking.

I mix my protein shakes with almond milk twice a day and I love it. I have had it by itself and its really good. I don't eat cold cereal ever so I haven't tried it that way yet.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 24 2010, 08:28 PM)
In the opinion of many, if you eat eggs, organic eggs are an absolute MUST. They have more of the good cholesterol and less of the bad. If you can get organic eggs where the hens were fed a diet high in Omega 3s (another good fat), that's a bonus. Plus, they taste better.

It is also the opinion of many that dietary cholesterol has very little effect on serum cholesterol levels. Serum cholesterol is usually produced by the body and is triggered by bad fats, namely saturated fats. The more bad fat you eat the more cholesterol your body makes. Eating lots of eggs may not have as much effect on cholesterol levels as was once thought. Your body just passes that cholesterol through.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 23 2010, 06:32 PM)
b_sigh.gif 

No laugh.gif

your body gets its energy from carbs....if there isn't enough carbs your body will seek an alternative source for energy and that would be the muscles....this would cause your muscles to shrink and weaken you.

I thought the body burned carbs (glycogen) first and then burned fat. I have read several places that state that you would have to be near starvation for your body to actually start burning muscle.

I recently started counting calories and planning out my diet while also starting a weight/cardio routine. The more I read the more I get confused because there are so many conflicting theories on how the body works. Having said that I am convinced that no one knows for sure what the proper diet balance should contain. At any rate I decided on a diet of 50/40/10 - carb/protein/fat and I am at a 500 calorie deficit as I try to trim the fat from my midsection. I hope to start bulking by late summer.

After a month I must say that eating healthy sucks but I do feel much better.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 29 2010, 03:09 PM)
What evil bastard invented dark chocolate peanut M&Ms?  angry.gif

They are sooooo good.  I don't know if I'd hug the guy who invented them or kick him in the shin.  laugh.gif

rofl3.gif I hear that one..

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 28 2010, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 23 2010, 06:32 PM)
b_sigh.gif 

No laugh.gif

I thought the body burned carbs (glycogen) first and then burned fat. I have read several places that state that you would have to be near starvation for your body to actually start burning muscle.

I recently started counting calories and planning out my diet while also starting a weight/cardio routine. The more I read the more I get confused because there are so many conflicting theories on how the body works. Having said that I am convinced that no one knows for sure what the proper diet balance should contain. At any rate I decided on a diet of 50/40/10 - carb/protein/fat and I am at a 500 calorie deficit as I try to trim the fat from my midsection. I hope to start bulking by late summer.

After a month I must say that eating healthy sucks but I do feel much better.

I'm just going by what my dietician said. Maybe it is different for diabetics confused13.gif

Oh and ladies, Ive read (sorry if posted before) that the phosphoric acid in soda counteracts absorption of calcium in bones. This means may be particularly bad for women and children. Another reason juice, regardless of sugar, better than soda...