Gig - Opening Song

earth2112shine

Which song would you just love Rush to open the next tour / gig with.

Perhaps one they have not opended with before.

My wish would be Xanadu, perhaps not the most dramatic but very atmospheric, imagine a dark stage filled with smoke n dry ice, then that single bass note.... 653.gif

Have 2.gif ever opened with Xanadu??

I checked their history of setlists over at the PowerWindows website and they have never opened with Xanadu....

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/Tours.htm

I thought it was very cool that they opened the R30 shows with a medley of early 70's songs and I was thinking they should do it again but this time a medley of songs from the early 80's...

Bring back Force Ten as the opener 

I like Force Ten as well...But, I feel that they should always have an intro. Like Thus Spoke Zarathustra, or the 3 Stooges intro. They should always have something cool like that and then go into a song. When Force Ten was the opening song for the Presto and Roll the Bones tour, they opened up with what they call 'A Show of Hands' intro. Which is cool, you hear the intro to the ASOH live video and then, you hear a can drop and then you just hear the intro to Force Ten...It was great. But my other favourite opener is Dreamline with Thus Spoke Zarathustra. That is another one of my favourites...Love the way it cuts into Dreamline and then Lerxst just starts the opening riff...Great opener!!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Mar 28 2005, 03:19 PM)
I've always thought thatOne Little Victory would make a great opener.

Yeah that would be an awesome opener!

But im with earth2112shine on this one, with the dry ice and smoke. And then just as Alex plays those opening notes, a thin beam of light can slowly descend on him cool.gif

Wow Earthshine good post, Countdown would be amazing to hear Rush open with, one of my favorites!! But i also think that Kid Gloves would make the hair on the back of my head stand up. i love the way that song starts with the guitar, so inspiring!! yes.gif

QUOTE (earth2112shine @ Mar 28 2005, 09:20 AM)
My wish would be Xanadu ...imagine a dark stage filled with smoke n dry ice, then that single bass note...

i would love them to open with XANADU too

as long as they cut it with SUPERCONDUCTOR yes.gif i'd be like "HAHA no way! such balls RUSH have!"

QUOTE (By-Tor & the Jazz Bass @ Mar 28 2005, 04:41 PM)
How about Circumstances. I think that would be a good opener. Everything kicks in at once.

2.gif

great song choice. that would floor people and cause others to go nuts (not me of course).

i think it would be great played second, even, because it would catch people way off guard ohmy.gif .

BUT YEAH-

FULL FRONTAL 2.gif ASSAULT!

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 28 2005, 04:36 PM)
I would like to hear Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres in full as an opener.

Eyewitness: "After the paramedics revived Snowdog, he just started goin' crazy again saying something about, "Thank you God and now I can die a happy man."" confused13.gif

laugh.gif

"Between Sun and Moon" would make a cool intro. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the R30 Overture (both shows I saw). It was original and a nice trip down memory lane with all the pictures of the guys behind them on the big screen, not to mention they covered alot of ground in the process. 2.gif

QUOTE (cla2112 @ Mar 29 2005, 03:19 PM)
"Between Sun and Moon" would make a cool intro. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the R30 Overture (both shows I saw). It was original and a nice trip down memory lane with all the pictures of the guys behind them on the big screen, not to mention they covered alot of ground in the process. 2.gif

BS&M was a track I really overlooked until I heard it on the VT tour. That song just friggin' rocked on that tour. It was the unexpected hit of the show. I've loved it ever since.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 29 2005, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 28 2005, 04:36 PM)
I would like to hear Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres in full as an opener.

Eyewitness: "After the paramedics revived Snowdog, he just started goin' crazy again saying something about, "Thank you God and now I can die a happy man."" confused13.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Archived