Rush Remasters

Gedneil Alpeart

only the Mercury ones.......I don't have the Atlantic ones (nor will I be getting them)....but I've heard there is little to no difference by several different people.......

I prefer the remasters through Hemispheres.

The West-German atomic originals from Permanent Waves through A Show of Hands.

I also prefer the Atlantic remasters for Presto and Roll The Bones (but not the inferior packaging) and the originals for Counterparts and Test For Echo.

Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs verisons trump all in the cases of 2112, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals.

I haven't heard any SHMs yet to be able to form an opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

QUOTE (ytserush @ Mar 12 2010, 09:42 PM)
Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs verisons trump all in the cases of 2112, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals.

I dunno, I never really bought into the whole MFSL hype.

Greetings Net Boys and Net Girls,

I like the remasters...I would recommend them all, as they are pretty inexpernsive at Amazon.com.

I personally like the sound of Presto and Roll the Bones on the remasters.

Of course, the MFSL of 2112, Moving Pictures, Signals and Permanent Waves are the way to go...they are pretty pricey on Ebay or Half.com, but worth it.

I would love to see A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres get the MFSL treatment.

~Cheers, RGLT

2.gif

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 12 2010, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (ytserush @ Mar 12 2010, 09:42 PM)

I dunno, I never really bought into the whole MFSL hype.

Well if they just re-released them on a gold CD or an SHM that would be one thing, but they went back using the original masters and the most adavnced technology without adding any changes to the original tapes in the mastering process.

At least this was the reasoning in the cases of 2112 Moving Pictures and Signals...I'm not sure about what their mission statement is these days.

They had to file for chapter 11 a number of years ago.

While their version of Permanent Waves (done after the reorganization) sounds better in some ways, it doesn't in others (at least to me).

I'd like to hear RUSH's opinions of each and every remastered, SHM, MFSL, etc. version of their own albums and maybe I'd go with their picks for the best sounding ones. What they think best represents their sound in the best way possible would be a deciding factor for me.

As long as their opinions are honest and not catering to management or record company wishes.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Mar 23 2010, 03:39 PM)
After 13 years since the last remaster set, I think it might be time for a NEW remaster. Surely the technology is better now than it was in 1997?

Actually I agree. All Japan did was take the old 1997 remasters and then put the SHM processing onto them.

They should have started from scratch with a new remaster and then did the SHM treatment.

Anyway, like I just wrote on the Hemispheres Thread, if you can afford them, and you have audiophile ears and a sweet system, THEN GET THEM NOW!!

They are already out of print!!!!!!

IN RUSH WE TRUST!

I just got the Signals remaster...sound is improved. I can really tell a difference in the low end mostly.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 30 2010, 08:31 AM)
I am listening to an non-remastered version of HYF now.

OMG......could THIS album ever use a remaster!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

See this thread: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=53954

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/smile_13_text.gif

QUOTE (RushNut @ Mar 30 2010, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 30 2010, 08:31 AM)
I am listening to an non-remastered version of HYF now.

OMG......could THIS album ever use a remaster!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

See this thread: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=53954

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/smile_13_text.gif

Yeah, I believe I agreed with you in that thread........

Archived