First Rush Concert?

Dave

my first show was texas jam in 84 the first rush show outdoors or at least that's what they said at the time it was the grace under pressure tour, they were great seen every show since but missed the last show 30 ann. tour hopefully they will come back I was in the country at the time now i'm back in the city won't miss them next time 2.gif

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 13 2004, 03:18 PM)
January 31, 1986 Oakland Coliseum, Power Windows Tour

I was there too! This was my 3rd Rush show.

QUOTE (Proggy @ Sep 13 2004, 03:38 PM)
Yesterday, in Manchester. It was quite the experience! yes.gif biggrin.gif

Good for you!

biggrin.gif

My first Rush gig was on friday at Oberhausen / Germany. I am very disappointed. The audience was totally lame. They were all just standing around doing nothing.

But the band was great. I have to see them in another country someday again because germany is so boring. This country doesnt deserve to see a band like Rush. They didnt even shout out for more. I still wonder why they came here. sad.gif

Centi

QUOTE (Centipede @ Sep 19 2004, 03:23 PM)
My first Rush gig was on friday at Oberhausen / Germany. I am very disappointed. The audience was totally lame. They were all just standing around doing nothing.
But the band was great. I have to see them in another country someday again because germany is so boring. This country doesnt deserve to see a band like Rush. They didnt even shout out for more. I still wonder why they came here. sad.gif

Centi

Hey Centipede,

Welcome to the board. As I've said before, I popped my Rush cherry in Birmingham just over a week ago, and the crowd there was buzzing. Hopefullt Oberhausen wasn't the venue for recording the DVD!!

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 12 2004, 06:20 PM)
I dunno if everyone knows my story, but my first Rush concert was absolutely the greatest concert I have ever gone to or will ever go to. It was July 9th, 2002 at the Bristow, VA (DC) show on the Vapor Trails tour. My friend and I knew about the concert a few months in advance and bought a couple crappy section 300 tickets. We figured we didnt care where we sat, because it was gonna be Rush, anywhere would be incredible.

Well, a week before the concert, we go to the website of 98 Rock, local radio station in Baltimore, and find out that they are having a contest. The 2 people who dress up the most for the radio station would win free front row tickets to see Rush. We HAD to win that contest. So we head out to a fabric store, figuring we could find something to make there. We find some purple fabric that is the same shade as the background for the radio stations logo and figure that works. We get home, make 2 huge purple capes out of them and put paint on the back to write out the logo of the radio station. Then we get a couple white shirts and draw all over them.

Day of the concert, we walk to the booth in our huge capes, and find our way to the 98 Rock booth. We stand around there for a bit, talking to the dj's that were there and whoever else says hi. No one even came close, the best thing there was a guy with the Fly By Night eagle tattooed, and a couple college looking kids with a shirt they drew. So after 2 hours of standing, they announce we are the winners and hand us our front row tickets. SCORE!!!!!!

We had seats DIRECTLY infront of Geddy and were rocking out like it was the end of the world. I couldnt believe the circumstances that placed us in front row of my very favorite band for my very first concert of them. There was definatly eye contact between us and Alex/Geddy for a bit (whose not gonna notice two goons in giant purple capes??) which was just so cool.

That was without a doubt, the greatest rock show I have ever been to, and I dont care if I find my way to front row again, nothing in hell will ever top that show that I went to with my friend. The very next day, I moved to California and have been here ever since. I was originally gonna move earlier that year, almost directly after HS, but I convinced my father to let me stay long enough for the concert.

Hahah thats too funny! Awesome job!! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 19 2004, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE (Centipede @ Sep 19 2004, 03:23 PM)
But the band was great. I have to see them in another country someday again because germany is so boring. This country doesnt deserve to see a band like Rush. They didnt even shout out for more. I still wonder why they came here.  sad.gif

Centi

Hey Centipede,

Welcome to the board. As I've said before, I popped my Rush cherry in Birmingham just over a week ago, and the crowd there was buzzing. Hopefullt Oberhausen wasn't the venue for recording the DVD!!

Thank you. I hope so too. But there have been some camera-men around who filmed the show. But I cant believe that they will take anything of it for the dvd cause the audience was so boring. I`ve counted two lighters when they played Resist.

Cheers

Centi

1977 Sheffield City Hall, England. A palce small enough to see the whites of the band's eyes. Awesome stuff.

Claim to fame - a two nighter at Newcastle City Hall (England). We hung around for autographs and photos and got invited into the soundcheck where part of Xanadu was played. Yahoooooooo biggrin.gif

3/11/94, Worcester Centrum Centre, Counterparts tour... smile.gif Awesome show new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 20 2004, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (kelly_eugene @ Oct 20 2004, 04:39 PM)
Mine was in Pittsburgh this year.  It was wonderful and I can't wait for them to come back.

Welcome the board!! trink38.gif

Ditto that! Make yourself at home.

smile.gif

December 5, 1981 ESL tour. Fayetteville, NC.

Mine was on March 15, 1992 at Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale (Long Island), NY. It changed my 'concert going' life forever. Now in the double digits for attendance, and if I only see Rush concerts from now on..... I'm ok with that. 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

Archived