First Rush Concert?

Dave

Sorry little dude. So far, it looks like the consensus says to lose the Avatar. It is a heartless universe, after all. I'm just psyched you have the entire collection already, and have seen the live act. WTG. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Heartless Universe @ Oct 28 2004, 03:31 PM)
O.k , I'll work , but do you guys make them?

Heck - I like the one you have NOW. cool.gif

QUOTE (prince by-tor @ Nov 3 2004, 06:22 AM)
Mine was N.Y.C 1978..paladium (maybe wrong spelling?)Never ever will forget it..They opened with 2112(almost blew the place up)that was during 2112,then they went in to by-tor and the snowdog,then xanadu

Were they headlining, or supporting? I don't think they'd opened with 2112 until the Permanent Waves tour in 1980, at least as a headlining act, and I'm not sure they will still supporting other bands by that time!

QUOTE (prince by-tor @ Nov 3 2004, 06:22 AM)
Mine was N.Y.C 1978..paladium (maybe wrong spelling?)...they are still KICKING ASS!! But better then EVER.LONG LIVE 2.gif .

Man, it's nice to associate with other old-school fans who still appreciate the blood & sweat these guys still put into their tours and music. I get so pissed off when I hear "fans" say crap like "(grunt) They sucked after '2112'" or "(belch) 'Roll the Bones' is gay". Long live Rush indeed!

...back to the topic at hand...my first Rush show was June 1981 at Madison Square Garden in NYC on the Moving Pictures tour. I'd been a fan since hearing Xanadu in '79 and turned into a complete fanatic the next year when Permanent Waves came out. The MSG show happened when I was in my last week of 8th grade and I was so excited I cried.

QUOTE (Singularity @ Nov 6 2004, 03:14 PM)
Signals, Wednesday, 12/8/82, Nassau Colisseum, New York. Anyone who missed that tour missed "Countdown." 1022.gif

Holy crap, I was at that show too! I only remember bits & pieces though...it was my second Rush concert and I imbibed in the parking lot with a little too much youthful enthusiasm. Almost 10 years later, when Primus opened for Rush in March '92 (also at Nassau Coliseum), Les Claypool introduced their cover of "YYZ" with a tale of drinking & puking before his first Rush concert. That story brought back memories...

12/8/82: I believe Rory Gallagher opened...I remember "Countdown" because of the second verse where Geddy simultaneously sang, played an open E on bass with his right hand, a low E note on the keyboard with his left hand and Taurus pedals with his foot. I remember being disappointed that they didn't play "Jacob's Ladder"...almost getting my ass kicked when I accidentally kicked a guy while jumping over the barrier from the first level to the floor...I think that's the only time I ever saw them perform "Chemistry"...and I'll never forget some dude driving around the parking lot with a "2112" car. :-)

Signals, Wednesday, 12/8/82, Nassau Colisseum, New York.  Anyone who missed that tour missed "Countdown."  1022.gif

very cool tempted.gif but be for that was exitstageleft.. 2.gif <---------1977

QUOTE (chaostrophy @ Nov 7 2004, 01:49 AM)
Signals, Wednesday, 12/8/82, Nassau Colisseum, New York.  Anyone who missed that tour missed "Countdown."  1022.gif

Holy crap, I was at that show too! I only remember bits & pieces though...it was my second Rush concert and I imbibed in the parking lot with a little too much youthful enthusiasm. Almost 10 years later, when Primus opened for Rush in March '92 (also at Nassau Coliseum), Les Claypool introduced their cover of "YYZ" with a tale of drinking & puking before his first Rush concert. That story brought back memories...

12/8/82: I believe Rory Gallagher opened...I remember "Countdown" because of the second verse where Geddy simultaneously sang, played an open E on bass with his right hand, a low E note on the keyboard with his left hand and Taurus pedals with his foot. I remember being disappointed that they didn't play "Jacob's Ladder"...almost getting my ass kicked when I accidentally kicked a guy while jumping over the barrier from the first level to the floor...I think that's the only time I ever saw them perform "Chemistry"...and I'll never forget some dude driving around the parking lot with a "2112" car. :-)

I remember when a band named -----------> F.M Opened up for them..1982?

I should chime in on this thread. First consert was Kiss/1976. Next concert was Rush 1976/Hemispheres, what a show! I was 9 yrs old, my father took me to these shows.

I'll never forget all my first concerts...They made me a musician!

To date, I have been to over 500 concerts!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 7 2004, 06:34 AM)
I should chime in on this thread. First consert was Kiss/1976. Next concert was Rush 1976/Hemispheres, what a show! I was 9 yrs old, my father took me to these shows.
I'll never forget all my first concerts...They made me a musician!
To date, I have been to over 500 concerts!

HOW MANY OF THEM IS 2.gif ?SEA BREEZE BLURS MY VISION..

My first was in 1982 at Market Square Arena In Indianapolis after the release of Signals. It was also my very first concert ever.

Archived