Possible new DVD to be released in July !!

Geddy's Gal

rofl3.gif I've just tried doing a google search for this rofl3.gif

I'm not going to say what it came up with. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I searched for 'inside rush dvd' - Just don't click "I'm Feeling Lucky" icon_really_happy_guy.gif

rofl3.gif Very funny Rickyrob !!

Seriously, just check out the www.play.com site and you'll see the listing if you search for Rush under Music DVDs..........honestly I'm not dreaming !!!

It's available to pre-order.

GG

QUOTE (Geddy's Gal @ Mar 27 2005, 05:45 AM)
rofl3.gif Very funny Rickyrob !!

Seriously, just check out the www.play.com site and you'll see the listing if you search for Rush under Music DVDs..........honestly I'm not dreaming !!!

It's available to pre-order.

GG

Dreaming about Rush is ok, so I'm told, see I'm married biggrin.gif

This would cool to have a new Rush DVD in July, that's about the same time PULSE is due out! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hadn't heard of this one yet, however it won't do me any good if I can't watch the damn DVD 'cause it will only play on European Region 2 or multi-region DVD players. mad.gif

Can someone here explain why ANYBODY uses any other encoding other than Region Free 0 encoding??!! unsure.gif Why would anyone even think to make a DVD region specific when you can just as easily make it play EVERYWHERE??!! confused13.gif

I'm sure there IS a reason, but it's just something I never really understood.

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Mar 27 2005, 09:15 AM)
Hadn't heard of this one yet, however it won't do me any good if I can't watch the damn DVD 'cause it will only play on European Region 2 or multi-region DVD players. mad.gif

Can someone here explain why ANYBODY uses any other encoding other than Region Free 0 encoding??!! unsure.gif Why would anyone even think to make a DVD region specific when you can just as easily make it play EVERYWHERE??!! confused13.gif

I was thinking just the same thing laugh.gif

dipshit jerkfaces mad.gif

This obviously the DVD version of an Unauthorised Biography. The phraseology

commentary from a host of renowned critics

suggests theres no cooperation from either the band or SRO Anthem. Interesting that the reference to archive footage does not specify what the nature of the footage is (My bet there'll be no live performances on it. just bits of news conferences, airport arrivals, TV clips etc. filmed by other people).

The just a "no image available" tag on the website at the moment, neoither is there any reference to an author, publishing company etc.

Could be interesting, could be a pile of kak.

Thanx for the info, Geddy'sGal, this is a new one on me.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 27 2005, 09:32 AM)

I'm not going to say what it came up with. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I searched for 'inside rush dvd' - Just don't click "I'm Feeling Lucky" icon_really_happy_guy.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (yyz @ Mar 27 2005, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 27 2005, 09:32 AM)

I'm not going to say what it came up with.  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

ohmy.gif wink.gif I guess they changed their style... laugh.gif

Hadn't heard of this one yet, however it won't do me any good if I can't watch the damn DVD 'cause it will only play on European Region 2 or multi-region DVD players.  mad.gif

Can someone here explain why ANYBODY uses any other encoding other than Region Free 0 encoding??!!  unsure.gif  Why would anyone even think to make a DVD region specific when you can just as easily make it play EVERYWHERE??!!  confused13.gif

The reason is simple...The studios that release these dvd's, only release to certain markets at certain times. Meaning, Fox Entertainment might make a film and only release it in Asia for starters. This way of encoding makes it difficult to pirate, but not impossible, obviously.

The only thing that tells the dvd player what region the disc is from , is 1byte of information. A number from 1-8. Here are what the numbers mean.

1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories

2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)

3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)

4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean

5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia

6: China

7: Reserved

8: Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)

People say that Region 0 will play in all players but that is not correct. There is no region 0. So disc's that play in all players are encoded with each of the 8 regions!

The solution is to buy a player that is Not region restricted.

Hope that helps.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Mar 28 2005, 11:54 AM)
Hadn't heard of this one yet, however it won't do me any good if I can't watch the damn DVD 'cause it will only play on European Region 2 or multi-region DVD players.  mad.gif

Can someone here explain why ANYBODY uses any other encoding other than Region Free 0 encoding??!!  unsure.gif  Why would anyone even think to make a DVD region specific when you can just as easily make it play EVERYWHERE??!!  confused13.gif

The reason is simple...The studios that release these dvd's, only release to certain markets at certain times. Meaning, Fox Entertainment might make a film and only release it in Asia for starters. This way of encoding makes it difficult to pirate, but not impossible, obviously.

The only thing that tells the dvd player what region the disc is from , is 1byte of information. A number from 1-8. Here are what the numbers mean.

4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean

5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia

People say that Region 0 will play in all players but that is not correct. There is no region 0. So disc's that play in all players are encoded with each of the 8 regions!

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the explaination Launch! It makes sense now, but I still say the logic behind it doesn't, but that's probably just me!

Coll explaination about the numbers too! Although there may be no actual number "0" in the encoding, aren't manufacturers listing these as "Region Free" and using the number "0" as a generic identifier for the general public to use to mean region free? Just curious, 'cause I swear I've seen "Region 0" listed numerous times, but I could be wrong. Just curious.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 27 2005, 08:37 AM)
This obviously the DVD version of an Unauthorised Biography.

Boo. I think i'll miss it. Why can't there be like an R30 dvd or something good like that?!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Mar 28 2005, 11:54 AM)

Hope that helps.

What you say is absolutely correct, but just to expand, I thought I'd include a more tangible example. Let's take movies from the US (or more accurately, from region 1). They are released in theaters here before anywhere off North America. The DVD is usually released in the States at the same time the movie is released in theaters elsewhere on the globe. If it weren't for region coding, what would stop me from sending 200 copies of a newly released movie to my buddies in Ireland, allowing everyone there to skip the theater viewing and watch it at home? DVDs are region coded so everyone has to wait their turn. To maximize income, people in different countries must pay once to see the movie in theaters and then again to see it at home on DVD. Region coding ensures that everyone sees the movie in the right venue at the right time (as deemed appropriate by the movie studios).

Archived