What do you consider to be a true Rush fan?

sfuentes

I couldn't tell you what a True Rush fan is. All I know is that I am one. Every since "All the Worlds a Stage" came out I couldn't wait until they put a new album out for me to listen to. I saw them 20 times, I owned all their live and studio albums at least once each(minus feedback). They've been my favorite band BY FAR for over 25 years. I think I qualify. trink38.gif

Okay...the TRUEST fans are us females fans, and no two ways about it. smile.gif

Why? Because we have to endure the "did you boyfriend drag you here?" questions at shows...and go the extra mile to PROVE that we really are fans.

wink.gif

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Mar 27 2005, 12:01 AM)
I prefer the term aficionado.

Right on, bro - very good point. Mind if I steal your word for future reference?

Here's a fifth criterion I'm considering:

5. Rush is your favorite band.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 27 2005, 02:41 AM)
QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 26 2005, 05:39 PM)
Someone who likes soup (preferably twice a day)

Can't forget the soup!

I love 2.gif

But I can't stop thinking about soup for the last few weeks confused13.gif

Tinned, packet, home-made I'm soup obsessed fing.gif

Thanks for listening.....My names Huck and I am a Soupaholic

The ability to sing along no matter whos watching and be able to yell some Geddy-like lyrics out loud at a stop sign -- and turn to the person in the car next to you and just smile as if to proclaim " I have Rush music in my soul and you do not -- and oh yes -- the ability to enjoy soup! (and the Macallan)> trink38.gif

You just cost yourself a soup!

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

-Soup Nazi

no.gif

Now back to the Rush. How about filling your car's CD changer with Rush CD's (one week each album and then rotate) and forcing your child to listen to them. All the while explaining the meaning of the lyrics, the time changes, and the literary influences......does that count?

2.gif

QUOTE (HC Alpha @ Mar 28 2005, 03:57 PM)
Huck- Is there a 12-step program the soup-addicted?

I'm afraid not HC Alpha, there's no 12 step plan no.gif

It's all or nothing......cold turkey

mmm cold turkey soup smile.gif

A true Rush fan should always back-up Rush. When someone is trashing them, they shouls stand up for them. They should also appreciate their music and what it means to other Rush fans. You must know they do what they do for the love of music, not for money or anything like that. You must BE PROUD to be a Rush fan. And show your TRUE RUSH COLOURS!!! Know they're music, love their music, feel their music, be their music...

Oh, and one more thing...A TRUE FAN MUST KNOW THAT THEY ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

I have my original Exit.. Stage Left tape from high school. The song listings on the tape are barely legible and there's masking tape on it to hold it together.

If anyone questions my loyalty to the band, I'm busting that out as my trump card.

How about when friends you haven"t seen in quite along time(there are alot of them) say "Hey every time i here 2.gif i think of you" If that aint a true fan then theres no such thing as a true fan mad.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 26 2005, 05:39 PM)
I consider a true Rush fan...

Someone who can listen to any album from beginning to end and appreciate
what went into making each song both lyrically and musically.

Someone who loves to see/hear any reference to the band anywhere and gets as giddy as a school girl being asked out for the first time by the first string quarterback.

Someone who is PROUD to where their Rush apparel anywhere (certain exceptions for weddings/funerals/bar mitzvahs, etc.)

Someone who listens to Rush to put them in a good mood.

Someone who cannot help play air guitar/bass/drums when Rush is playing.

Someone who has a great sense of humor and integrity!

I think that sums it up well.

I have all of that except 1 and 5. I don't like soup (this wasn't even a prequisite until the Rio DVD came out, and I was a fan before that so I should be grandfathered in lol) and I can listen to MOST albums from beginning to end...but there are a few song I skip, especially on RTB.

i think I may be the biggest rush fan that I know personaly but here is a list of things I think make a person a true Rush fan. I have stared the things that I have/know-

You can name all of Rush Albums *

You can actually pernounce and spell Alex's real name*

You own at least 2 Rush T-Shirts*

You have seen them live*

You correct people when they pronounce Peart as Pert*

You hum a Rush song for know reason*

You make comparisons to Rush songs*

You tell everyone that Neil Peart is the best drummer on earth today!!!!!*

Just a few for now... 2.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 26 2005, 08:39 PM)
I consider a true Rush fan...

Someone who can listen to any album from beginning to end and appreciate
what went into making each song both lyrically and musically.

Someone who loves to see/hear any reference to the band anywhere and gets as giddy as a school girl being asked out for the first time by the first string quarterback.

Someone who is PROUD to where their Rush apparel anywhere (certain exceptions for weddings/funerals/bar mitzvahs, etc.)

Someone who listens to Rush to put them in a good mood.

Someone who has a great sense of humor and integrity!

I think that sums it up well.

Man that WHOLE thing is about me. And most definitly the soup. I have soup for breakfast, lunch ( on weekends cause I have school), and dinner. ANd sometimes for desert. I eat, drink, and sleep soup. Oh gota go, my beef barley soup is ready. 2.gif

QUOTE (rushfan4life @ Mar 29 2005, 09:35 PM)
You make comparisons to Rush songs*

Well I managed to link Hemispheres in with Antony and CLeoparta in my english class! It was hard, but I managed. It was based around the lyric "The universe divided as the heart and mind collided".

I was rather chuffed with myself cool.gif

Ummm... What if I said that I recently wore a Rush T-Shirt underneth a shirt (black sweater with white collar and cuffs) I wore to a wake last night (No one knew the difference). unsure.gif

And when I air ANYTHING infront of anyone, they give me weird looks, and I know that they talk about me, but I couldnt care less! tongue.gif

Someone who can listen to any album from beginning to end and appreciate what went into making each song both lyrically and musically.

Not only do I do that, I listen to them in order!! (Rush, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112.... and so on right up to Feedback) usuall on my way to and from school, 1 CD usually lasts me a day, so it takes me over month to do this. 2.gif

Archived