Any Random~Famous Celebrities You've Met or Seen?

g under p

Many many of them but here's a couple that pathologist guy from CSINY he once starred in that series Man From U.N.C.L.E. He sat in first class, I sat in business on our way to Gatwick Airport in England.

Bumped into Senator Kennedy (Ted) in Harvard Square on his way to Caroline Kennedy's graduation at Harvard. I was walking on the sidewalk looked up there he was and bumped him like a pick pocket would. biggrin.gif

Senator Kerry sailing in Nantucket and then Senator Biden in a Martha's Vineyard Edgartown restaurant.

One time I was having a facial/ body mud exfoliation and lunch at the Four Seasons Palm Beach with my fiance and Kelly Rippa, husband and their parents came down to eat. They sat behind us, me actually and she looked like she just dragged herself out of bed. My fiance couldn't take her eyes off of her and wouldn't stop talking about her, I finally had to say enough already.

Musicians.....

Another one, I was bowling at the Circle Lanes in Hampton Va and 2 lanes over was Robert Plant bowling. I said to my friends you have no idea who that guy over there that's bowling. They had no clue, he was on his *The Principle of Moments* tour. I was able to see his show and loved the song *Big Log*.

Another bowling one was remember Vanilla Ice he bowled in the next lane with his daughters. This was Lake Worth Florida and the dude is tattooed up. He can't bowl though but gave me a couple nice shots on a couple turkeys I had. biggrin.gif

Many others when I worked graveyard at Denny's back in school in Hampton Va. All the rock stars and roadies would come in after their shows....I've waited on.... AC/DC, Van Halen, The Wailers, The Greatful Dead, David Bryne of Talking Heads are just a few.

Musicians I've met backstage....

Ben Harper...Langerado Festival... Florida

Burning Spear

Steel Pulse

Ziggy Marley when he toured with Michael Franti & Spearhead 5 dates

All the other Bob Marley sons and daughters, Julian, Stephen, Damian, Ky-Mani, Sharon and Cedella

State Radio....Nice trio band from Boston

Pink...in Belgium....Wercheter Festival

Sean Paul...a real jerk loved to brag how many women he banged

Rick James....hooked me up with tickets to his show in Hampton Va

George Clinton of Parliament Funkadelic...Sunfest Festival W. Palm Beach FL

Rakim

Sports...

Only a few Roger Clemens and Wade Boggs at the Hard Rock Cafe in Copley Square after opening day 1990 i think. They were doing a lousy comedy act/karioke thing then afterwards W Boggs came down had a sandwich with me and signed some menu autographs.

Sugar Ray Leonard when he came back to his high school, Parkdale High around the corner in MD.

Others but that's enough for now, I've been lucky to work for some very wealthy people. Love to meet 2.gif one day.

Peace

Its not a real exciting story, but a few years ago, I met Billy Powell, the keyboard player from Lynyrd Skynyrd at the local Walmart. laugh.gif

Really nice guy. Very down to earth. Didn't mind talking at all. He really was just a good 'ol boy from Jacksonville who never forgot his roots.

While on that tour with Michael Franti & Spearhead/Ziggy Marley one of the stops was the FREEBIRD Cafe in Jacksonville Beach FL, . We met the manager Melody Van Zant who was so gracious to us. She made sure we had plenty to drink/eat and just took good care of us. BTW that club with it's balcony was top notch with some of the biggest bouncers I've ever seen.

They don't run into too much troubled with those guys, lots of bikers go through there. It's all good though love the people and that club.

Peace

g under p, that is one hell of a list. i have met two members of steel pulse backstage, David Hines and Grizz ( RIP ).other than that i briefly spoke with Derek Sherinian.

super cool you got meet rick james and george clinton. i saw the dead in hampton back in the 80's.

The gym I once managed had the Atlanta Braves trainer as one of its members. Frank used to bring in people like Tom Glavine, Mark Wohlers (poor guy) and John Rocker (pre-controversy).

Also Andruw Jones' father-in-law was a member. Nicest guy around. He regularly brought in Andruw, Marcus Giles, and a few other Braves sluggers.

Got to meet the cyclist George Hincapie at an event in Georgia. Very nice, soft-spoken man.

I've also met Boris Yeltsin in a hotel lobby in Montreal, shortly after he was elected to the Russian presidency.

QUOTE (tangy @ Feb 14 2010, 03:27 PM)
g under p,  that is one hell of a list. i have met two members of steel pulse backstage, David Hines and Grizz ( RIP ).other than that i briefly spoke with Derek Sherinian.

super cool you got meet rick james and george clinton. i saw the dead in hampton back in the 80's.

Yes it's ALL due to my touring and following my friend musician

Michael Franti. He comes here to DC February 20th and I hope to call him and get backstage as he's opening for John Mayer. This is his first tour out on major venues so i can't wait for him to get back to the smaller venues where we can hang out and go out to dinner. tongue.gif

Oh Rick James wasn't backstage, I was in school and didn't have any money. My friends and I were hanging out by this hotel no tickets no money and up pulls this limo amd it's Rick James and an assistant. He asked us what was up we told him we were in school he said what school we said Hampton Institute and he just told his assistant to hook us up. He did with a pass to come into the Hampton Coliseum in the rear and oh we saw Teena Marie back there. He was one really cool dude, hand shakes and everthing may he RIPeace.

Peace

Hmmm, totally weak.

It is a little known fact that Raquel Welch is a Chelsea fan. It is even less known that I had sex with her over the Bolton chairman's desk at Burnden Park, Bolton when Chelsea played there in August 1978.

Beat that. wink.gif

I've met David Crosby, Tori Amos, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson. I've seen but not met Suzanna Hoffs (Bangles) and Elliot Easton (the Cars). Sportswise, I've met third-baseman Graig Nettles from the late 70s/early 80s New York Yankees.

I feel like I'm forgetting some. I guess I haven't met many.

what a list g under p!

ok, so we're going outside the realm of music.

well, music-wise, i've done a photo shoot for Dave Mason yrs ago. i've shared breathing space with Steve Perry and a couple of other Journey folks, providing them with stone crabs and such, back when San Fran was playing Super bowl back in Miami. forget what year. Geddy and Alex. Breaking Benjamin (they're from not too far from here). ann wilson, and a bare catch of a word with nancy. k.d. lang before a show when she was walking around barefoot at the venue on boston harbor. carly simon on Mahthuh's Vinyid, and i think that's it.

spike lee on Mahthuh's Vinyid, tom cruise on a shoot south of boston, and i think that's it for that category.

sports, half the red sox and about 1/4 the pats. some of them are still here and some have moved on.

2007: Met Jon Anderson from Yes in Ridgefield, CT and got an autograph on my Relayer LP smile.gif He's a cool little dude.

2008: Saw Blue Oyster Cult in Danbury, CT and got an autograph after the show by Buck Dharma.

2009: Went to Boston with GeddysMullet and got to meet the Manic Street Preachers and see them in concert biggrin.gif

Also got multiple autographs from all three.

What's in store for 2010?

Well in April I'll be seeing Keith Emerson and Greg Lake at the Ridgefield Playhouse. Got a Tarkus LP waitin to be signed wink.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Feb 14 2010, 02:23 PM)
Many many of them but here's a couple that pathologist guy from CSINY he once starred in that series Man From U.N.C.L.E. He sat in first class, I sat in business on our way to Gatwick Airport in England.

Bumped into Senator Kennedy (Ted) in Harvard Square on his way to Caroline Kennedy's graduation at Harvard. I was walking on the sidewalk looked up there he was and bumped him like a pick pocket would. biggrin.gif

Senator Kerry sailing in Nantucket and then Senator Biden in a Martha's Vineyard Edgartown restaurant.

One time I was having a facial/ body mud exfoliation and lunch at the Four Seasons Palm Beach with my fiance and Kelly Rippa, husband and their parents came down to eat. They sat behind us, me actually and she looked like she just dragged herself out of bed. My fiance couldn't take her eyes off of her and wouldn't stop talking about her, I finally had to say enough already.

Musicians.....
Another one, I was bowling at the Circle Lanes in Hampton Va and 2 lanes over was Robert Plant bowling. I said to my friends you have no idea who that guy over there that's bowling. They had no clue, he was on his *The Principle of Moments* tour. I was able to see his show and loved the song *Big Log*.

Another bowling one was remember Vanilla Ice he bowled in the next lane with his daughters. This was Lake Worth Florida and the dude is tattooed up. He can't bowl though but gave me a couple nice shots on a couple turkeys I had. biggrin.gif

Many others when I worked graveyard at Denny's back in school in Hampton Va. All the rock stars and roadies would come in after their shows....I've waited on.... AC/DC, Van Halen, The Wailers, The Greatful Dead, David Bryne of Talking Heads are just a few.

Musicians I've met backstage....

Ben Harper...Langerado Festival... Florida
Burning Spear
Steel Pulse
Ziggy Marley when he toured with Michael Franti & Spearhead 5 dates
All the other Bob Marley sons and daughters, Julian, Stephen, Damian, Ky-Mani, Sharon and Cedella
State Radio....Nice trio band from Boston
Pink...in Belgium....Wercheter Festival
Sean Paul...a real jerk loved to brag how many women he banged
Rick James....hooked me up with tickets to his show in Hampton Va
George Clinton of Parliament Funkadelic...Sunfest Festival W. Palm Beach FL
Rakim

Sports...

Only a few Roger Clemens and Wade Boggs at the Hard Rock Cafe in Copley Square after opening day 1990 i think. They were doing a lousy comedy act/karioke thing then afterwards W Boggs came down had a sandwich with me and signed some menu autographs.

Sugar Ray Leonard when he came back to his high school, Parkdale High around the corner in MD.

Others but that's enough for now, I've been lucky to work for some very wealthy people. Love to meet 2.gif one day.

Peace

Wait a minute..you saw Robert Plant and Vanilla Ice bowling?

and waited on ac/dc and Van Halen at a dennys?...Im not questioning you, that just sounds really fukin funny.

You know, I actually mentioned Marcus Giles (baseball player) in my earlier post, but totally forgot my REAL encounter with him!

The builder I worked for built his Atlanta home. One day Rob (my project manager), asked me to go check on a few punchlist items for Marcus and said he'd meet me over there later.

Marcus was in his home theater watching a movie. He motioned for me to have a seat with him while we waited for Rob. When I hesitated, he just grinned and said, "I don't bite, sit down." So I watched a movie with Marcus Giles! Friendly guy, totally unassuming, and his wife was a real sweetheart as well.

The house, by the way, wasn't a big overdone mansion. I believe it ended up closing at around 1.2 million. It had 5 bedrooms, 5 1/2 baths and was about 4500 sq. feet. Very tastefully decorated as well, and it looked like a home and not a museum.

Bobby Orr - new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Aerosmith

David Ortiz

Luis Tiant

Spanky McFarland

Steven Seagal - ASSHOLE!

Gary Dell'Abate

Ron Jeremy

Kathy Ireland

Picabo Street

Chris Rock

George Carlin

Carmen Electra

I've met a few famous tennis players on the Team Tennis circuit, including Andy Roddick, Martina Narvatalova, Lindsay Davenport, Mary Jo Fernandez and Patrick Mcenroe.

Band wise, I met everyone in Stone Temple Pilots except Scott Weiland.

Ugh, I know I've met others! Totally forgetting some..

QUOTE (afurrything @ Feb 15 2010, 11:14 PM)
I rode the Screaming Eagle at Six Flags with Lou Ferrigno and Todd Bridges.

Todd Bridges? Could you tell if he was high?

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 15 2010, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (afurrything @ Feb 15 2010, 11:14 PM)
I rode the Screaming Eagle at Six Flags with Lou Ferrigno and Todd Bridges.

Todd Bridges? Could you tell if he was high?

It was sooo long ago. We were at Six Flags for some Tiger Beat show. Scott Baio was there too, but not on the Screaming Eagle.

Lou Ferrigno was in the seat behind me and then Todd Bridges was behind him. I couldn't really see him, I suppose he could have been tongue.gif

Met:

John Madden, mid 70's. Shook hands with me while filming a commercial

Jim Plunkett

John Matuszak (very nice and friendly guy, but HUGE)

Alan Funt, original host of Candid Camera

Miss Nancy, original host of Romper Room

Dan Fouts, started chatting with me were in an elevator

Mark McGuire, complete arrogant asshole

Rick Barry, Oakland Warriors basketball player, he was a jerk

David Anthony Higgins, from the Ellen sit-com

Joe Morgan, baseball player

Seen:

President Ford, while he was in office

Rob Schneider

Bull Pullman

Geddy & Alex

Eddie & Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony..they were all at a party I was at,

Scott Baio- met him at Knotts Berry Farm in the late 70's

Shirley Temple-Black

Neil Schon

Sylvester Stallone and his then wife Bridgette

Chris Rock

Judge Reinhold

Went to high school with Michael and Robert Sweet of Stryper

All members of Starship (aka) Jefferson Starship circa 1992, 1993 they played at a mall, yes folks I said a mall!

All members of Winger and Zebra

Saw Eddie Murphy at the premier and after party for Beverly Hills Cop II- total jerk. He would only shake hands with black people. Actually watched him push an extended hand from a white gentleman and he pushed it away to get to the black man next in line. Refused to see ANYTHING he is in since then

Archived