Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

QUOTE (Delilah @ Oct 25 2004, 01:43 AM)
2.gif Hemispheres... or Farewell to Kings... or ... 2.gif
I love all of them!
The Rio concert dvd was off-the-hook. The guys were bang on. The energy created between the fans and the guys was palpable. Unfreakingbelievable!
Neil's solo was a feast for the ears and eyes. Geddy & Alex's accoustic version of Resist literally brought tears to my eyes.
It was beautiful! A real masterpiece.

yes.gif Welcome to the board Delilah! I see you got the posting working now! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Delilah @ Oct 25 2004, 12:43 AM)
Neil's solo was a feast for the ears and eyes...

Oh, it sure was...

<sigh....> wub.gif

NeilFinal.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 25 2004, 11:13 AM)

Oh, it sure was...

<sigh....> wub.gif

NeilFinal.gif smile.gif

Easy now girls. C'mon deep breaths. In... now out.

Good. laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 25 2004, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 25 2004, 11:13 AM)

Oh, it sure was...

<sigh....> wub.gif

NeilFinal.gif smile.gif

Easy now girls. C'mon deep breaths. In... now out.

Good. laugh.gif

paganoman, we can't be held responsible for anything we do while watching Neil in action!! dazed025.gif

Btw, I checked out your halloween site... it's very cool. Please visit mine and scoop some awards, if you like.

Delilah's Lair

cocktail.gif Delilah

Edited by Delilah

QUOTE (Delilah @ Oct 25 2004, 12:20 PM)
paganoman, we can't be held responsible for anything we do while watching Neil in action!!  dazed025.gif

Btw, I checked out your halloween site... it's very cool.  Please visit mine and scoop some awards, if you like.

Delilah's Lair

cocktail.gif Delilah

biggrin.gif Too funny!! Ok I get it. Neil = uncontrollable reactions from the ladies. wub.gif

and thanks about the website. I have no idea what I'm doing with websites - decided to try and teach myself by building a Halloween site since it's in season. I like yours too - lots of cool graphics. I will have to spend some more time on it later.

cocktail.gif

Its too hard choose the best release of Rush, they have a enormous discography and all the releases are good and for whom is fanatic the dificultie grows..

but I choose Grace Under Pressure, for me this release show a misc between the old albums and the keyboard age....but all releases from Rush are THE BEST!!

2.gif

Np: Rush - Kid Gloves

Presto is my favorite. An underrated classic, in my opinion. The Pass, Superconductor, Show Don't Tell, War Paint.....all great songs. I've read that the band thought that (with the exception of The Pass) it wasn't their strongest work from a songwriting perspective. What can I say? I disagree! NeilFinal.gif Watch his every move!

QUOTE (SUPERCONDUCTOR @ Nov 1 2004, 12:48 PM)
Presto is my favorite. An underrated classic, in my opinion. The Pass, Superconductor, Show Don't Tell, War Paint.....all great songs. I've read that the band thought that (with the exception of The Pass) it wasn't their strongest work from a songwriting perspective. What can I say? I disagree! NeilFinal.gif Watch his every move!

Welcome to the board! trink38.gif

QUOTE (killermeat @ Nov 1 2004, 08:43 PM)
what is the name of the song with the lyrics goining something like this, open the airwaves and crack open life

this has been bothering me for years that i cant remember the name of the song

Hey welcome to the board. trink39.gif

Invisible airwaves

Crackle with life

Bright antennae bristle

With the energy

I believe that is the lyric you're thinking about. It's from The Spirit Of Radio - opening track of the Permanent Waves album.

That sound about right?

QUOTE (killermeat @ Nov 1 2004, 09:43 PM)
what is the name of the song with the lyrics goining something like this, open the airwaves and crack open life

this has been bothering me for years that i cant remember the name of the song

Welcome to the board!

Paga is correct and you can find the lyrics here: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=48

trink39.gif

Sorry to break the mood, but I voted for Grace Under Pressure. biggrin.gif

There are others that I like ALMOST as much, but the first time I popped it in, it had me! Now, it and Hold Your Fire are visited much. But I can't listen to much of the really older stuff anymore, don't know why! comp26.gif

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 3 2004, 11:11 AM)

There are others that I like ALMOST as much, but the first time I popped it in, it had me! Now, it and Hold Your Fire are visited much. But I can't listen to much of the really older stuff anymore, don't know why! comp26.gif

Welcome to the board!

Have you ever tried to give Hemispheres an honest listen a few times through? That album is addictive! trink39.gif

Just keep at it. Does not matter which album you're not into... little by little it all comes together and you somehow hear or feel something you NEVER did the other times. I've had albums that instantly exploded to me, and others that took a very long time for me to accept. COS is the biggest on the of list of ones I resisted. Even GUP took a while for me. I never heard GUP until the early 90's when the 80's sound was OUT. It was hard for me to take GUP seriously. Now it's one of my favorites.

You should be proud of your vote for GUP. It is an AMAZING album.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 3 2004, 11:56 AM)
Sorry to break the mood, but I voted for Grace Under Pressure.  biggrin.gif

There are others that I like ALMOST as much, but the first time I popped it in, it had me! Now, it and Hold Your Fire are visited much. But I can't listen to much of the really older stuff anymore, don't know why!  comp26.gif

Just keep at it. Does not matter which album you're not into... little by little it all comes together and you somehow hear or feel something you NEVER did the other times. I've had albums that instantly exploded to me, and others that took a very long time for me to accept. COS is the biggest on the of list of ones I resisted. Even GUP took a while for me. I never heard GUP until the early 90's when the 80's sound was OUT. It was hard for me to take GUP seriously. Now it's one of my favorites.

You should be proud of your vote for GUP. It is an AMAZING album.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

Absolutely amazing... I still cannot express how happy I am they brought out Between the Wheels for this tour.... I hope Afterimage makes its way into the setlist in the future too smile.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 3 2004, 12:04 PM)
Absolutely amazing... I still cannot express how happy I am they brought out Between the Wheels for this tour.... I hope Afterimage makes its way into the setlist in the future too smile.gif

Aw man - when those keyboards started.... I nearly jumped out of my skin. What a highlight of the R30 show. What a great song - what a great album!! biggrin.gif

Afterimage would be an awesome song to hear live. I wonder if Neil would be ok with it, though. It's amazing how a song he wrote in the early 80's would have such a connection to his personal life many years down the road.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 3 2004, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 3 2004, 12:04 PM)
Absolutely amazing... I still cannot express how happy I am they brought out Between the Wheels for this tour....  I hope Afterimage makes its way into the setlist in the future too smile.gif

Aw man - when those keyboards started.... I nearly jumped out of my skin. What a highlight of the R30 show. What a great song - what a great album!! biggrin.gif

Afterimage would be an awesome song to hear live. I wonder if Neil would be ok with it, though. It's amazing how a song he wrote in the early 80's would have such a connection to his personal life many years down the road.

I have often wondered that about a lot of songs actually - Cold Fire being another....

Oh my God!

Are you telling me they did "Between the Wheels" live on this new tour? I just crapped my pants. I hope there is a 30th Ann. DVD with that on it. Sadly, I have never been part of a Rush concert. I am a relative newbie. The live versions (Rush in Rio, etc) of certain songs kick so so so much ass it leaves me!

Between the wheels .... ahhhh...

In good terms, I have been floating around everything including and after Signals. I had only heard the Rush stuff from the greatest hits stuff, I loved the Show of Hands Video, but when I got the Rush in Rio DVD, I was truly in love. So many words, and so many sounds, touched my spirit alone, alas, many times I have wept while listening to GUP thinking about certain kin who are gone. But In good faith I will say I love ALL the albums, but as a poll of listening would go, GUP dominates. I have also just grown to love Presto (mainly Chain lightning, Available Light, The Pass, etc) an album I had dismissed other than the listed songs long ago.

Every Rush album is like a book to me, the more I read, the better it gets. I can't explain it! It was a hard choice, indeed. But Grace did and still touches my heart!

This site kicks ass! 653.gif

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 3 2004, 01:47 PM)
Every Rush album is like a book to me, the more I read, the better it gets.

RR - pardon my forwardness, but I think King Rygar just gave you the Rush Forum's quote of the year!! This should be bannered on every page. trink39.gif

I absolutely love this!!