So they ARE playing tonight?

cygnus_thegodofbalance

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 13 2010, 08:11 AM)
QUOTE (PriestfromSyrinx @ Feb 13 2010, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 13 2010, 12:37 AM)
I guess Pagon owes a whole lot of you a big 'F*CK YOU WRAILLEEES!!!'

That's some serious prophecy... Eat some crow, mockers!  z7shysterical.gif

Well, I still had fun on here so it's not a complete loss. sad.gif Some parts were redondant though... ohmy.gif

I had a ball.

Poster......Posts

lerxt1990 - 123

Yeah you did. laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 13 2010, 09:11 AM)
kd lang is starting to look like wayne newton.

DING!!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING WATCHING IT! laugh.gif rofl3.gif trink39.gif were sharng a brain on that one.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 13 2010, 04:08 AM)
After awhile it started to seem like Rush would be out of place with the nature of the program. Still, it was VERY cool, and we can always hope for the closing ceremony.

It did feature one of my fave Canadian songs of all time though, which is KD Lang's rendition of Hallelulah. yes.gif wub.gif

Yeah, she sang it great, but she was tough to look at.

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 13 2010, 08:47 AM)

DING!!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING WATCHING IT! laugh.gif rofl3.gif trink39.gif were sharng a brain on that one.

I mean dude, not a little, a LOT like Wayne Newton!!!! Bua ha hah ahaaaaaaaaaa rofl3.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 13 2010, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Feb 13 2010, 08:47 AM)

I mean dude, not a little, a LOT like Wayne Newton!!!! Bua ha hah ahaaaaaaaaaa rofl3.gif

Is that better or worse than looking like the post-op Kenny Rogers?

I went to bed early last night so only managed to see a portion of the opening ceremony. I came on here first to see if/when Rush performed. I was hoping they had but... sad.gif

I think I'll still watch though. I almost need to see kd lang now. tongue.gif

Here's a youtube video of the album version of KD Lang's Hallelujah:

It's just a series of pictures, so ignore the visuals - the performance is pretty amazing IMHO (even though it obviously sounds far better on CD), and it's not normally the kind of music I listen to. She kills on this song - probably one of my top ten songs ever.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 13 2010, 02:01 AM)
Some dude looks like Peter Pan flying around over a CGI floor system.

This could be one of the worst Opening Ceremonies I have ever seen.

Actually, I am turning off the boob tube and the Rush Forum now.  It's been fun.

Goodnight!

If Donald Trump was in charge of the Vancouver Olympics, he would say to all of the Canucks across this great land who created this Ceremony:

"YOU'RE FIRED!"

GO TEAM USA!  TEAM CANADUH HOCKEY WILL NEVER WIN THE GOLD!  tongue.gif

MUSH ON!  2.gif

High on wacky tobacci beer again I see . Seeing things as usual and making silly bets. Coming from the Toothless bandwagon jumping Sharks fan I expected no less then drivel. Maple leaf has a better shot then Red White and Blue anyday. rofl3.gif

Brian Burke selecting Team U.S Eh ? Gee he is building a real powerhouse in Toronto. cool10.gif

hey this thread has 661 posts in it now with mine... how about we lock it at 666 and call it the "thread from hell!!" comp26.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Feb 16 2010, 03:31 PM)
hey this thread has 661 posts in it now with mine... how about we lock it at 666 and call it the "thread from hell!!" comp26.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah that about sums it up.

I'm glad I had other things to do that night, lest I be just as frustrated as you all.

Archived