So they ARE playing tonight?

cygnus_thegodofbalance

QUOTE (krlowe @ Feb 13 2010, 12:23 AM)
FROM RIAB

Well, obviously no Rush tonight. Notice how the show was themed around the different provinces of Canada moving from east to west? Also notice how Ontario and the Great Lakes region were skipped over? What I'm now hearing is that this portion of the show was scrubbed due to nature of today's tragic events. Apparently it had a full rock and roll metropolitan vibe to it and was cut for sensitivity. The word is now that Rush may tentatively play at the closing ceremony. Sorry everybody - I'm as pissed off as you are.

I am not pissed. I was apparently meant to watch Brian Adams fu*k up smile.gif popcorn.gif

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Lady April @ Feb 13 2010, 12:25 AM)
FROM RIAB

Well, obviously no Rush tonight. Notice how the show was themed around the different provinces of Canada moving from east to west? Also notice how Ontario and the Great Lakes region were skipped over? What I'm now hearing is that this portion of the show was scrubbed due to nature of today's tragic events. Apparently it had a full rock and roll metropolitan vibe to it and was cut for sensitivity. The word is now that Rush may tentatively play at the closing ceremony. Sorry everybody - I'm as pissed off as you are.

I am not pissed. I was apparently meant to watch Brian Adams fu*k up smile.gif popcorn.gif

yeah I caught that too it was pretty funny......

FROM RIAB

I can understand the change in that a person lost his life and playing rock music might have been a bit insensitive. Let's hope for the closing ceremonies there's time to set it up.

Peace

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 12 2010, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Feb 13 2010, 01:15 AM)
as disappointed as i am not to see Rush tonight,
i'm glad they didn't lip synch.  THAT would have broken my heart.

2.gif

That was nearly 5 hours of my life I am not getting back. angry.gif

But even more than being worried they'd synch it, I was terrified we would have Rush playing along with some dumbass interpretive dance going on. Thank god that didn't happen.

Who besides me got a PM from FOH Lights?

laugh.gif i was kinda hopin TO see that. biggrin.gif

653.gif cheer.gif 1022.gif 1287.gif icon_alienjig.gif

it might have been even better than the YYZ footage from Rio tongue.gif

FROM RIAB

Why did that guy in bobsleigh had to die anyway? sad.gif I bet his team didn't want this, his country didn't want this, the world didn't want this, Rush fans didn't want to miss their band for that, in the end it pleases nobody that he died. unsure.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Feb 13 2010, 12:27 AM)
FROM RIAB

I can understand the change in that a person lost his life and playing rock music might have been a bit insensitive. Let's hope for the closing ceremonies there's time to set it up.

Peace

I agree with you. That really sucks for the Georgian sad.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Feb 13 2010, 12:28 AM)
Rush are probably laughing at us all (if they actually waste their time in here lol) We all got het up about this. Shit, just shows how f***ing obsessed I am. Damn!

Alex dropped his bottle and fell out of his chair laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Feb 12 2010, 10:29 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ Feb 13 2010, 12:27 AM)
FROM RIAB

Peace

I agree with you. That really sucks for the Georgian sad.gif rose.gif

Brutal. rose.gif

QUOTE (krlowe @ Feb 13 2010, 12:29 AM)
I just saw the video of the poor bobsled racer that died it was awful........

I haven't seen it yet and I'm not sure if I want to either. sad.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Feb 13 2010, 12:30 AM)

they showed that vid on our local news a minute ago. sad.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Feb 13 2010, 05:30 AM)
QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Feb 13 2010, 12:28 AM)
Rush are probably laughing at us all (if they actually waste their time in here lol) We all got het up about this. Shit, just shows how f***ing obsessed I am. Damn!

Alex dropped his bottle and fell out of his chair laugh.gif

I have2 images in my head right now. 1. Alex sucking on a babys bottle and 2. Alex pissed as a fart. Nice...

QUOTE (g under p @ Feb 13 2010, 12:30 AM)

You're better off not seeing the video. It's pretty bad. sad.gif rose.gif

Rush would be better suited to playing the closing ceremonies. Those have a looser feel to them.

K.D. Lang's tune tonight was absolutely awesome (even though she looked like a man).

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 13 2010, 12:37 AM)
I guess Pagon owes a whole lot of you a big 'F*CK YOU WRAILLEEES!!!'

That's some serious prophecy... Eat some crow, mockers! z7shysterical.gif

Well, I still had fun on here so it's not a complete loss. sad.gif Some parts were redondant though... ohmy.gif

Hey, I got it! Maybe Jann Wenner was really the guy in charge. . .

Some dude looks like Peter Pan flying around over a CGI floor system.

This could be one of the worst Opening Ceremonies I have ever seen.

Actually, I am turning off the boob tube and the Rush Forum now. It's been fun.

Goodnight!

If Donald Trump was in charge of the Vancouver Olympics, he would say to all of the Canucks across this great land who created this Ceremony:

"YOU'RE FIRED!"

GO TEAM USA! TEAM CANADUH HOCKEY WILL NEVER WIN THE GOLD! tongue.gif

MUSH ON! 2.gif

After awhile it started to seem like Rush would be out of place with the nature of the program. Still, it was VERY cool, and we can always hope for the closing ceremony.

It did feature one of my fave Canadian songs of all time though, which is KD Lang's rendition of Hallelulah. yes.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (fred @ Feb 12 2010, 11:59 PM)
Maybe it was for the best that they weren't in, it'd be like the black sheep of rush performances, being included in this opening farce.

...On the other hand... it would have turned out epic if they were there. >_>

Quoted for truth.... and this one too:

It was worth watching if you enjoy mocking pop culture as I like to...

It was cool just for the heck of it.... we got 33 pages of pure hilarity and prog snobbism, and I'm sure more than a few of us were listening to Rush while watching this - quote/unquote - opening farce with the audio on mute... ok, back to lurk mode now.. ;-)

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 13 2010, 03:08 AM)

It did feature one of my fave Canadian songs of all time though, which is KD Lang's rendition of Hallelulah. yes.gif wub.gif

I did watch, but wasn't really paying that much attention during this part - but I read the above - was shocked and had to look it up on youtube - I thought it was a teenage boy singing that song - I thought it wasn't bad, but had no idea it was her. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (PriestfromSyrinx @ Feb 13 2010, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 13 2010, 12:37 AM)
I guess Pagon owes a whole lot of you a big 'F*CK YOU WRAILLEEES!!!'

That's some serious prophecy... Eat some crow, mockers!  z7shysterical.gif

Well, I still had fun on here so it's not a complete loss. sad.gif Some parts were redondant though... ohmy.gif

I had a ball.

Archived