Some new Prog!

Hatchetaxe&saw

Link

Sanguine Hum - Diving Bell

Very enjoyable melodic Prog. Almost like the Moth Vellum but a little more upbeat. I have to find where I can purchase this in the US.

A year and a half later, finally got around to playing this.

Superb.

Gave their new one, The Weight Of The World, a spin yesterday. Excellent. Special edition comes with a "Making Of..." DVD.

Ok I keep seeing this thread daring to pop up before me when I arrive here blissfully unaware! How dare you! New prog eh? Now there's a contradiction in terms if I ever heard one. Old men with long beard fulls vegetables is what I think of when I see this thread. How about some very very old prog for a change for the old beardy proggers, the real proggers that you actually all are!! How about some 1853 early Victorian prog??? Where's your prog thread for that then, where your prog beardy faithful now?????????????????????

Ok I keep seeing this thread daring to pop up before me when I arrive here blissfully unaware! How dare you! New prog eh? Now there's a contradiction in terms if I ever heard one. Old men with long beard fulls vegetables is what I think of when I see this thread. How about some very very old prog for a change for the old beardy proggers, the real proggers that you actually all are!! How about some 1853 early Victorian prog??? Where's your prog thread for that then, where your prog beardy faithful now?????????????????????

Munching on the ol' insanity biscuits again, Ducky?

Munching on the ol' insanity biscuits again, Ducky?

:madra: :madra: :madra: :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya: :hi: :blaze:

• Like 1

This band is awesome! It features Phil Collins' son Simon on vocals and drums. They've opened for Marillion and will be opening for Spock's Beard on their upcoming tour. Gotta check the rest of this album out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8TGFsLXoRo

And these samples sound absolutely incredible.

http://www.amazon.co...602537&sr=301-1

Edited by adace1
  • Like 1

I was listening to Henry Fool's Men Signing last night. Tim Bowness, along with a bunch of other members of No-man's live lineup, is on it, along with Phil Manzanera on two tracks. It's fantastic, completely instrumental, and has a psychedelic/spacey and jazzy vibe. Highly recommended.
  • Like 1

Well, look who suddenly dropped a new album. (As if there isn't enough awesomeness this year.) Can't wait to listen!

http://birdsandbuildings.bandcamp.com/

I knew that Dan Britton was working on a new album but I haven't heard any news in a while. Gave this a listen and it was great -- very dense, busy, and complex, but really enjoyable. Will have to buy it soon, as it'll probably be a top 10 or even top 5 of the year for me.

I've recently listened to the most recent releases by Big Big Train. ( English Electric Pts. 1&2). Very good band and looks like the new main gig for Spock's Beard's Nick D'Vigirillio

Big Big Train has been my favorite find (along with Haken) of 2013. It's exactly the kind of prog rock I've been wanting to hear. The EE albums are spectacular but I think my favorite might be The Underfall Yard.

• Like 1