Hey RATT N' ROLLERS! The INFESTATION Is Coming!

RUSHHEAD666

Name Your Favorite RATT Studio Album!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Name Your Favorite RATT Studio Album!

• RATT EP
    • OUT OF THE CELLAR
    • INVASION OF YOUR PRIVACY
    • DANCING UNDERCOVER
    • REACH FOR THE SKY
    • DETONATOR
    • COLLAGE
    • RATT 1999
    • INFESTATION

Hey Ratt Lovers!

Not sure if there are a bunch of you on here, but while I was loving Rush just like you in the Eighties I was also part of the RATT PATROL.

I am sure most of you will rip this band. I love them! Rush Cocky does too! That's two against TRF.

Anyway pick your favorite RATT record if you can. I don't think there's a bad song by them from the EP to DETONATOR. JMO!

I had to include INFESTATION even though the album doesn't come out until April.

I am sure the record will be excellent after hearing "Best Of Me" however for my ears it has to be "INVASION OF YOUR PRIVACY!"

This Poll is "DANGEROUS BUT WORTH THE RISK!"

RATT FUKKEN RULES!

All posers watch out for the RATT TRAP as you EXIT STAGE LEFT.

RATTS love cheese too. Just like most Eighties Hair Metal Hippies and I will drink to that!

1022.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

I really got into them for Dancing Under Cover, and discovered Invasion, Cellar, and the EP very soon afterward. To me, DUC was the peak of their sound and is a killer album from start to finish. However, I feel exactly the same way about Cellar, Invasion, and Reach For The Sky. They started sounding shaky on Detonator, but that has many great songs too. After that I lost touch with the band, and still am not over the loss of Robin.

But I voted for DUC. That one is ground zero, for me.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 4 2010, 03:44 PM)
I really got into them for Dancing Under Cover, and discovered Invasion, Cellar, and the EP very soon afterward. To me, DUC was the peak of their sound and is a killer album from start to finish. However, I feel exactly the same way about Cellar, Invasion, and Reach For The Sky. They started sounding shaky on Detonator, but that has many great songs too. After that I lost touch with the band, and still am not over the loss of Robin.

But I voted for DUC. That one is ground zero, for me.

That's an excellent pick dude! I listened to "Dancing Undercover" last night! Great record from start to finish.

"Detonator" has some great tunes on it, but you can tell they were starting to go downhill. "Shame Shame Shame!"

"Reach For The Sky" is very underrated. Yet another album with no filler!

I'm really excited about this new RATT record!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 4 2010, 05:55 PM)
I really got into them for Dancing Under Cover, and discovered Invasion, Cellar, and the EP very soon afterward.  To me, DUC was the peak of their sound and is a killer album from start to finish.  However, I feel exactly the same way about Cellar, Invasion, and Reach For The Sky.  They started sounding shaky on Detonator, but that has many great songs too.  After that I lost touch with the band, and still am not over the loss of Robin.

But I voted for DUC.  That one is ground zero, for me.

That's an excellent pick dude! I listened to "Dancing Undercover" last night! Great record from start to finish.

"Detonator" has some great tunes on it, but you can tell they were starting to go downhill. "Shame Shame Shame!"

trink39.gif

No Filler - that's very true.

No filler on Cellar - not one bad note

No filler on Invastion - not one bad note

No filler on Dancing Under Cover - not one bad note

No filler on Reach For The Sky - not one bad note

okay some filler on Detonator, but the good stuff is as good as what's on the previous four

That's huge to be able to say, about ANY band.

And Demartini has not one bad solo. Each one so distinctive and fluid. The man played the shit out of those songs.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 4 2010, 04:26 PM)
I really got into them for Dancing Under Cover, and discovered Invasion, Cellar, and the EP very soon afterward.  To me, DUC was the peak of their sound and is a killer album from start to finish.  However, I feel exactly the same way about Cellar, Invasion, and Reach For The Sky.  They started sounding shaky on Detonator, but that has many great songs too.  After that I lost touch with the band, and still am not over the loss of Robin.

trink39.gif

okay some filler on Detonator, but the good stuff is as good as what's on the previous four

And Demartini has not one bad solo. Each one so distinctive and fluid. The man played the shit out of those songs.

Pags! You and I are RATT N' ROLLERS!!!

I totally agree yet again! No filler, all thriller on those records!! Warren is a great player. All of his solos are slick and tight.

Don't forget about that RATT EP. It's raw and it RIPS!!!

RATT RULES!

Time for me to start "Walkin' The Dog!"

1022.gif

PS: Even though "DETONATOR" may not be their strongest record out of the pack there is a cool Japanese version of this cd. The first pressing has an extra color booklet filled with pictures of the guys. The booklet and the cd jewel case are housed in a cool DETONATOR cardboard case.

PSS: What is your take on the RATT 1999 cd? I remember when it came out that I was totally pumped. I thought the record was good, but nothing like the Atlantic years.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 4 2010, 09:52 PM)

trink39.gif

I totally agree yet again! No filler, all thriller on those records!! Warren is a great player. All of his solos are slick and tight.

RATT RULES!

1022.gif

PS: Even though "DETONATOR" may not be their strongest record out of the pack there is a cool Japanese version of this cd. The first pressing has an extra color booklet filled with pictures of the guys. The booklet and the cd jewel case are housed in a cool DETONATOR cardboard case.

PSS: What is your take on the RATT 1999 cd? I remember when it came out that I was totally pumped. I thought the record was good, but nothing like the Atlantic years.

I've never heard a single note of this band, post Detonator.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 4 2010, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 4 2010, 09:52 PM)

trink39.gif

RATT RULES!

1022.gif

I've never heard a single note of this band, post Detonator.

Pags, I think you would enjoy the RATT cd.

Pm me your address and I will send you a present.

Here's an oldie and a goodie! A thread that goes way back! Since we are talking about Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, George Lynch and Randy Rhoads, why not talk about WARREN DEMARTINI!

I was listening to "Invasion Of Your Privacy" today. It withstands the test of time!!

So here ya go kids! Here is the entire album. 26 minutes of perfection! Even the album cover is one of the best ever made!!

RATT N ROLL BITCHES!

I lost track of them after "Invasion..." but the first three albums were excellent. A little under the 666 firedevil.gif though.

I understand dude. "Dancing Undercover" wasn't that good. However their next album "Reach For The Sky" is EPIC!!

CITY TO CITY!

I listened to the Ratt EP a couple of days ago.

Still the best thing they ever did.

It is incredible but why is it out of print????? Does not compute!

I have some RATT trivia for you but I will let you guess before I tell you.

Whose legs are those on the original RATT ep?

Out of the Cellar is a great album. Ratt was supposed to become the next Aerosmith. Knowing now what we do, I guess that might not have been a compliment as time went on.

Lay it Down has one of my all time favorite song openings.

Rick! I remember when I was a senior back in high school I was at a buddy's house watching MTV when it was a REAL MUSIC STATION!

Anyway, I sitting there an the video premiere of "Lay It Down" came on. I remember that little kid in the suit at his birthday party. Then all of the sudden that opening riff started and was instantly in LOVE!! "Lay It Down" is one of the greatest hard rock songs period.

"Invasion Of Your Privacy" is perfect all the way through.

Here is the "Lay It Down" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLvJCAKZGc0

• Like 1

Tawny Kitaen (sp?).

Tawny Kitaen (sp?).

HAHAHAHA!! That was fast you RATT FREAK!

YES!!

Winner winner chicken leg dinner!

Tawny is a nut job.

I remember going to see Andrew Dice Clay up in Reno back in like 1991 when Dice was at his peak.

After the incredible show my buddy and I with our girlfriends bolted for the lobby before the crowd started to leave.

Right when got out of there we saw David Coverdale and Tawny run right by us. Both were wearing sunglasses!

It was awesome!!!

Man those Whitesnake videos with Tawny were EPIC!

Now she is a total whack job.

Gosh I miss those days when hard rock and metal were KING!!!!

Hey buddy, where the HELL is your HELLION thread?

Out of the Cellar is a great album. Ratt was supposed to become the next Aerosmith. Knowing now what we do, I guess that might not have been a compliment as time went on.

Rick! I remember when I was a senior back in high school I was at a buddy's house watching MTV when it was a REAL MUSIC STATION!

Anyway, I sitting there an the video premiere of "Lay It Down" came on. I remember that little kid in the suit at his birthday party. Then all of the sudden that opening riff started and was instantly in LOVE!! "Lay It Down" is one of the greatest hard rock songs period.

https://www.youtube....h?v=mLvJCAKZGc0

I'm guessing I'm about a year older than you Earl, because I got IoYP when I was a freshman in college. Did you graduate high school in 86?

Anyways, Ratt was one of the only early 80s metal bands I loved that I didn't see live.

I saw Ratt last year at the House of Blues in Dallas. I was surprised how good they were, the vocals were a bit spotty at times, but musically they sounded really solid. The previous time I saw them was after Out of the Cellar came out, I was living in San Diego and they played outdoors at San Diego State with Fastway and Lita Ford opening. Really good show. Musically, always thought they were the best of the LA glam bands from that era, they put out some really good songs. Last year, they pretty much played a "best of" set and I enjoyed each and every one of them.

https://www.youtube....h?v=mLvJCAKZGc0

I'm guessing I'm about a year older than you Earl, because I got IoYP when I was a freshman in college. Did you graduate high school in 86?

Anyways, Ratt was one of the only early 80s metal bands I loved that I didn't see live.

Haha! Yep! Class Of 86!! I was lucky enough to see the "Invasion Of Your Privacy" tour twice!!

My buddy and I went the first night and loved them so much we went to the second night! Two shows at the Cow Palace. South San Francisco! Oh boy, the Cow Palace was AWESOME back then!! Now it's only used for rodeos and gun shows and shit.

RATT RULES!

I saw Ratt last year at the House of Blues in Dallas. I was surprised how good they were, the vocals were a bit spotty at times, but musically they sounded really solid. The previous time I saw them was after Out of the Cellar came out, I was living in San Diego and they played outdoors at San Diego State with Fastway and Lita Ford opening. Really good show. Musically, always thought they were the best of the LA glam bands from that era, they put out some really good songs. Last year, they pretty much played a "best of" set and I enjoyed each and every one of them.

You lucky bum! You saw Ratt with Fastway? Yet another great band! Fast Eddie Clarke! That red head singer is currently in Flogging Molly! Unreal!!

I decided to never see RATT again after the "Detonator" record. RATT put out a few albums since that are ok but I always thought that Pearcy's vocals were going down hill.

It's sad really. All of the Eighties hard rock band singers are going down the drain. Don Dokken and Joe Elliott to name a few.