Rush Re-Masters

Stickman

The only ones I'm missing are Signals, Grace, Power Windows, and the 4 Atlantic ones.

The 3 80s ones aren't remastered because I bought them used, and I never replaced my old Atlantic albums when the remastered ones came out.

Don't plan to either...at least until I get a job in a record store with a generous employee discount, which I plan to do when I turn 16.

Got Roll the bones & Presto on vinyl-what a difference to the cds.

! Is there going to be remastered vinyl release of VT-that would be well worthy.

Had to buy Signals disc as my record has the hole punched in the wrong place,no really.Digital Man sounds completely mental.Didn't realize what it was supposed to sound like until i heard it on the tour beathorse.gif

Im looking forward to the remasterd VT very muchly when im driving to work in the summer i'll be able to crank it up full blast without blowin me ears off,nice yes.gif

QUOTE (callmejim @ Mar 25 2005, 05:58 AM)
! Is there going to be remastered vinyl release of VT-that would be well worthy.
Had to buy Signals disc as my record has the hole punched in the wrong place,no really.Digital Man sounds completely mental.Didn't realize what it was supposed to sound like until i heard it on the tour beathorse.gif

I have Presto on vinyl...haven't played it yet, but now that you say it sounds better, I think I will.

Wait, did they release a remastered Presto vinyl as well? Because mine was made when the album came out in 89...got it for $3 used.

QUOTE (callmejim @ Mar 25 2005, 01:58 PM)

Any chance of you doing a copy and posting it somehow as I'd like to hear it.

Hello.

For those who has bought remastered album(s), is it "worth"

the money to buy one, is it such a big difference from

original recordings, that you "have" to buy one...? unsure.gif

It might well seem a waste of money to buy all this stuff again (and in some cases again and again) but every time i see a copy of A Farewll to Kings on vinyl,for 1or 2 pounds, i will buy it every time.I've got 4 records & the remastered cd and the last record i got (1 Qiud from a boot sale) is in perfect condition,my first copy bought in 1978 is almost impossible to play-my favourite album of all time,can you imagine how many times i've played it?!

As i've said before, the definative release of any album will be to release cds with a complete remastering/mixing programme along with it-think about it,all those albums sounding as if Terry Brown was sitting at the mixing desk. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I have a question regarding the remaster of Power Windows. One thing I have noticed on the original release CD is that the mixing sounds a bit light on the bass and heavy on the treble. I have even turned the lower frequencies up on the equalizer, but the album still sounds heavy on treble.

I have the remaster of Grace, and I notice it sounds more equal. I'm not sure if the original release had the same problem as PoW, but I'm willing to venture it did. Oddly enough, the original releases of MP and HYF don't seem to suffer this problem. I don't have Signals, so I am unsure if it had the problem or not. (I know, what kind of Rush fan am I if I don't own all the albums? Sadly, I don't own any of the albums before MP either.)

So, my inquiry is if the remaster of PoW sounds more even across the board?

Yes, the remastered PW does sound a lot better than the first release.I'd even go as far as to say it nearly sounds as good as the vinyl-it certainly has lost the "wooly" side of it (just like the Signals remaster).

And sadly i don't think Presto got a remastered vinyl release,that's a shame as it's just crying out for a tweek here and there.

QUOTE (callmejim @ Mar 26 2005, 05:40 AM)
It might well seem a waste of money to buy all this stuff again (and in some cases again and again) but every time i see a copy of A Farewll to Kings on vinyl,for 1or 2 pounds, i will buy it every time.I've got 4 records & the remastered cd and the last record i got (1 Qiud from a boot sale) is in perfect condition,my first copy bought in 1978 is almost impossible to play-my favourite album of all time,can you imagine how many times i've played it?!
As i've said before, the definative release of any album will be to release cds with a complete remastering/mixing programme along with it-think about it,all those albums sounding as if Terry Brown was sitting at the mixing desk. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well its true that "a real" Rush-fan buys the remastered versions also, i should be bd.gif asking questions like that , but i hope you understand me tongue.gif

QUOTE (Stickman @ Mar 24 2005, 02:06 PM)
I heard here that VT is indeed to be remastered.

Can't wait for this one to be remastered. Great cd, but, I'm sure it will be even better with the improvements in sound quality.

Archived