Neil gives us a little info on upcoming Rush CD

Camera Eye82

I couldnt give a shit less about album artwork or a CD. Its just reference material that I use to burn digitally then put away. All I want is some music, and if I get a handful of good songs distilled down and it takes way less time and gets released in a tenth of the time without record company horseshit, then Im cool with that too. Lets have 4-5-6 uptempo ass kicking hard rock songs, then a tour.

Rock ON! smile.gif

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 13 2010, 08:31 PM)
Sweeeeet.. a summer tour!! 1022.gif 653.gif I don't care how many songs they make. Now I have a chance of seeing them again live. biggrin.gif I do have one problem though. Do I go on my annual Steelhead fishing trip or bag it for 2.gif unsure.gif tongue.gif

The fish will still be there when you go back after the Rush tour.

QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 13 2010, 09:31 PM)
Sweeeeet.. a summer tour!! 1022.gif 653.gif I don't care how many songs they make. Now I have a chance of seeing them again live. biggrin.gif I do have one problem though. Do I go on my annual Steelhead fishing trip or bag it for 2.gif unsure.gif tongue.gif

TM, you won't like the big show with all those lights, lasers and spectacle anyway, so just plan on your fishing trip. Hope ya catch some big ones... pokey.gif tongue.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jan 13 2010, 09:37 PM)
Sweeeeet.. a summer tour!! 1022.gif  653.gif  I don't care how many songs they make. Now I have a chance of seeing them again live. biggrin.gif I do have one problem though. Do I  go on my annual Steelhead fishing trip or bag it for  2.gif  unsure.gif  tongue.gif

trink39.gif never fish *or* rush, fish *and* rush!

People moaning about "digital release" and no CD, don't worry. Even if they begin only releasing songs as a download, there will most definitely be a hard copy CD version released of whatever it is. That's the way these things work.

That is just plain crap

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jan 13 2010, 05:46 PM)
Sweeeeet.. a summer tour!! 1022.gif  653.gif  I don't care how many songs they make. Now I have a chance of seeing them again live. biggrin.gif I do have one problem though. Do I  go on my annual Steelhead fishing trip or bag it for  2.gif  unsure.gif  tongue.gif

TM, you won't like the big show with all those lights, lasers and spectacle anyway, so just plan on your fishing trip. Hope ya catch some big ones... pokey.gif tongue.gif rofl3.gif

laugh.gif I never said I didn't like the lasers. It's just not that important to me. biggrin.gif

Mr. Krinkle makes a good point. I am leaning towards the concert! tongue.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 13 2010, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jan 13 2010, 09:37 PM)

trink39.gif never fish *or* rush, fish *and* rush!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 13 2010, 09:56 PM)

laugh.gif I never said I didn't like the lasers. It's just not that important to me. biggrin.gif

For something that's "not that important" to you, you sure made alot of noise about it in my "Why Only Green Lasers?" thread. confused13.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jan 13 2010, 06:24 PM)

For something that's "not that important" to you, you sure made alot of noise about it in my "Why Only Green Lasers?" thread. confused13.gif

OH gees... let it go. Because if it weren't for the music there wouldn't be any lasers eyesre4.gif rofl3.gif

Now move on biggrin.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 13 2010, 10:29 PM)

OH gees... let it go. Because if it weren't for the music there wouldn't be any lasers eyesre4.gif rofl3.gif

Now move on biggrin.gif

Oh, now you want to let it go??? eyesre4.gif Fine, I'm cool with that. But next time, be more careful when choosing your battles. Someone with almost 16K posts should know better. Just sayin'...

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jan 13 2010, 06:56 PM)

Now move on biggrin.gif

Oh, now you want to let it go??? eyesre4.gif Fine, but next time, be more careful when choosing your battles. Someone with almost 16,000 posts should know better. Just sayin'...

moon.gif Your obsession with this is beyond making any sense wacko.gif Quit hijacking this thread and go play with your "little laser" ok! wink.gif

Why so much moaning? We should be happy they want to tour again and we get our Rush fix. I know just seeing them makes me happy . I say respect the bands wishes and get over yourselves. I listen to the music wwwwway more the looking at a cover. BTW I always over play my cds and have to replace them anywayzzzz. I have my original albums and that is good enough for me.

Thanks Neil for taking the time to tell us what is goin' on!

2.gif 653.gif th1245.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 13 2010, 11:05 PM)

Now move on biggrin.gif

Oh, now you want to let it go??? eyesre4.gif Fine, but next time, be more careful when choosing your battles. Someone with almost 16,000 posts should know better. Just sayin'...

moon.gif Your obsession with this is beyond making any sense wacko.gif Quit hijacking this thread and go play with your "little laser" ok! wink.gif

C'mon TM, you know you made a big deal over nothing. I asked a simple question, and you got all bent out of shape over it, and then you went on and on about it! That's not my fault. This is what you get when you start shit for no good reason. As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over.

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jan 13 2010, 07:25 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 13 2010, 11:05 PM)

Now move on biggrin.gif

C'mon TM, you know you made a big deal over nothing. I asked a simple question, and you got all bent out of shape over it, and then you went on and on about it. This is what you get when you start shit for no good reason. As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over.

And your a fool!! rofl3.gif I made no big deal about anything. I posted what I thought about them and the music as did others. You coming here and starting all the BS is just plain wacko.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 13 2010, 09:50 PM)
People moaning about "digital release" and no CD, don't worry. Even if they begin only releasing songs as a download, there will most definitely be a hard copy CD version released of whatever it is. That's the way these things work.

The way you describe the process, instead of having to wait five years for the release of an entire "album", we get it piece by piece, then eventually the entire project. How many of those complaining about digital release would have sported total wood if complete tracks were released along the way during the development of past albums?

I think we may get better material from the boys, more often, this way.

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 13 2010, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 13 2010, 09:50 PM)

The way you describe the process, instead of having to wait five years for the release of an entire "album", we get it piece by piece, then eventually the entire project. How many of those complaining about digital release would have sported total wood if complete tracks were released along the way during the development of past albums?

I think we may get better material from the boys, more often, this way.

1022.gif

I concur!

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Jan 13 2010, 08:50 PM)
I think what it is, is they are going to make a few songs for the excuse of touring and then pull out old classics on the tour. Camera Eye anyone? common001.gif

Yeah, I would hope it would be a creative set list with the likes of Camera Eye,Jacobs Ladder with many other shelved gems or never played live, b -side tracks.

Wouldn't protest if they played Fountain Of Lameneth or Cygnus X-1 Book II Hemispheres entirety. smile.gif

I think it's a good idea and glad there embracing the ever changing popular formats. Now have a ipod so I'm ready to download!! yes.gif 1022.gif

Personally, I'm not a "downloader".

I definitely am a CD collector, and have always been! The CD still means alot to me...I like the physical product!

The only thing that does excite me about this style of release is that it sounds like we might get new music alot sooner, which of course, is great. Whereas with full albums, they were taking around 5 years to release it.

I still think that once the boys start putting songs together, and build up some momentum, they may just continue going and then releasing a full album. I'm still thinking positive! biggrin.gif

Archived