I love coffee

Mara

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mara, its funny you brought this up, cause GIVING UP coffee is something im trying to do this year. I had been noticing a lot of headaches, and since stopping a week ago, they have subsided. I miss the stuff, but i do believe it started to mess with my skull.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 4 2010, 11:20 PM)
Mara, its funny you brought this up, cause GIVING UP coffee is something im trying to do this year. I had been noticing a lot of headaches, and since stopping a week ago, they have subsided. I miss the stuff, but i do believe it started to mess with my skull.

It messes with my skull if I don't have it in the morning. It also messes with everyone else's - believe me, I can be an Olympic-class harpy without my coffee.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 4 2010, 11:43 PM)
Notice that guys can turn any thread into being related to farts or bacon? Seriously.. just watch... hahahaaaa

Hey, I am right on board with the bacon. And that baconnaise stuff looks/sounds delicious. drool1.gif It's the Atkins dieter's dream.

Perfect breakfast=unlimited bacon and coffee. It's that easy.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 4 2010, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 4 2010, 11:43 PM)
Notice that guys can turn any thread into being related to farts or bacon?  Seriously.. just watch...  hahahaaaa

Hey, I am right on board with the bacon. And that baconnaise stuff looks/sounds delicious. drool1.gif It's the Atkins dieter's dream.

Perfect breakfast=unlimited bacon and coffee. It's that easy.

I like it! The Mara diet. Lose wieght! More energy! More alert! laugh.gif

Man, I LOVE coffee... but it doesn't love me back. One strong cup of the real stuff and I start flippin' out. I'm hyper-sensitive to it. I feel wired and my stomach is all torn up. After a weekend of feeling like this, as of this morning I've decided on no more than one weak cup o' decaf each morning. sad.gif And I may eliminate even that.

Coffee doesn't affect me in the slightest, and as I can't be arsed faffing about in the morning with percolators and other such metrosexual nonsense, I just sling a bit of instant down my gullet.

A nice mug of tea beats any of that poncy coffee stuff any day of the week yes.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 5 2010, 06:00 AM)
Coffee doesn't affect me in the slightest, and as I can't be arsed faffing about in the morning with percolators and other such metrosexual nonsense, I just sling a bit of instant down my gullet.

laugh.gif P, you just made me laugh out loud! hug2.gif

I drink coffee in the morning and tea (green) all day, as of late ~ keeping the mug full of hot water so I can stay warm...

I used to only drink coffee a couple times per week. Now I have it every morning and sometimes in the afternoon, I feel I need more. But after my AM joe, I down water for the rest of the day. If not, then I get major dehydration headaches.

I used to love strong coffee but now I prefer a medium blend. Dunkin Donuts coffee serves me nicely. Starbucks is only used when I really need an extra jolt; otherwise, it's too strong. All this I am refering to is store-made coffee, not at home.

Needless to say, I love coffee. Even when I had my 2 weeks off last week, I still made some at home to get my goin. I think it's more ritual and habit at this point.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 5 2010, 06:00 AM)

A nice mug of tea beats any of that poncy coffee stuff any day of the week yes.gif

Coffee doesn't affect me either, unless I don't get it. I may have more caffeine than platelets in my bloodstream, come to think of it.

I love coffee, but the thought of a gallon a day...whew, Mara! tongue.gif

I have fallen in love with Trader Joe's Cafe Pajaro extra bold...a good coffee-loving friend keeps me supplied since Alabama is too ass-backwards to have TJ's. eyesre4.gif

I grind enough beans to have about 1 1/2 mugs every morning while I'm getting up and ready to go, and that does it for me - I will rarely have a pick-me-up cup in the afternoons/evenings.

And I use one of those flavored creamers which I'm quite sure can only be labeled "poncy." laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 4 2010, 10:43 PM)
Notice that guys can turn any thread into being related to farts or bacon?  Seriously.. just watch...  hahahaaaa

Time for bacon girl...

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bacon-bikini-nsfw.jpg

I do have an ulcer and the first words out of my mouth when I was told the diagnosis were, "What about coffee?????"

I was much reassured. It's a case-by-case thing; some ulcer patients can handle it and for some it's very irritating. It does not cause or worsen ulcers, though. (Um, yeah, I did fudge a little when asked how much I drink).

Oh yeah, I also drink at least 1 two-liter bottle/day of Diet Mountain Dew, preferably flat.

Before anyone gets on my case: I hate water. It's bland, it's boring, and the flavored sparkling waters I like are too expensive. Putting a lemon slice in the plain stuff does not help.

I sweat so heavily working out that I need something in addition to plain water, or I cramp.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 5 2010, 07:40 AM)
I do have an ulcer and the first words out of my mouth when I was told the diagnosis were, "What about coffee?????"
I was much reassured. It's a case-by-case thing; some ulcer patients can handle it and for some it's very irritating. It does not cause or worsen ulcers, though. (Um, yeah, I did fudge a little when asked how much I drink).
Oh yeah, I also drink at least 1 two-liter bottle/day of Diet Mountain Dew, preferably flat.

Before anyone gets on my case: I hate water. It's bland, it's boring, and the flavored sparkling waters I like are too expensive. Putting a lemon slice in the plain stuff does not help.
I sweat so heavily working out that I need something in addition to plain water, or I cramp.

You drink Mountain Dew flat and you hate water? huh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I prefer water over pop now a days... I love my coffee but I drink the Crystal Light energy through out the day.