Best Movie Trilogy Of All Time

rushgoober

Some of these later on had more movies, but all were at some point known as a trilogy. Which was the best?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Some of these later on had more movies, but all were at some point known as a trilogy. Which was the best?

• Star Wars (original)
    • Star Wars (prequels)
    • Lord of the Rings
    • The Godfather
    • Indiana Jones
    • Back to the Future
    • Austin Powers
    • The Matrix
    • X-Men
    • Spider-man
    • Superman
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Mission Impossible
    • Jason Bourne
    • Die Hard
    • Hannibal Lecter
    • Evil Dead
    • Dead (Night of the Living, etc.)
    • Three Colors (Red, White, Blue)
    • Mad Max
    • Beverly Hills Cop
    • Jurassic Park
    • Blade
    • Naked Gun
    • Oceans
    • Robocop
    • Scream
    • Dollars (Man with No Name)
    • Other (please specify)

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 7 2010, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 7 2010, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 7 2010, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 7 2010, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 7 2010, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 7 2010, 05:46 PM)
I define trolling is posting inflammatory comments just for the sake of riling people up, then repeating such posts over and over long after the point was made. Is that going on in this thread and the other SW thread? I'm not implying it is, I'm asking the question.

Yes, that's exactly what's been going on and I'm sick of it. Just as soon as I quell the fighting in one thread over SW it crops up in another! That's BS and I won't have it in the forums for which I am responsible. Spirited debate is one thing, but flinging insults and saying things that prompt others to define what you're doing as a pissing contest is quite another.

Do you like the idea of someone starting a SW/Sci-fi/whatever bashing thread so the haters have a sandbox to play in?

I don't think that's the answer. The haters mainly hate to get under the skin of the lovers. The lovers wouldn't enter such a thread so there would be no point. As long as people with thin skin allow themselves to be aggravated then the pickers will continue to pick.

Brilliant. Too bad YOU'RE not a mod.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just out of curiosity, would you rather have a separate thread where you can hate on SW all you want, or have the SW fans ignore you in these threads?

I don't see the problem with the current way of doing things. People of one opinion go on and on about how great something is... and then people of another opinion come in and share their feelings.

Just because people of one opinion decide the only way to argue their point is to either tattletale to the mods or to make disgusting insults and comparisons to serial killers is no reason to break the status quo.

What's the point of a discussion board, if all the threads have to be for people in agreement?

I mean... are you gonna make a seperate pinned thread for Mara and people like her that only like butter? You, GG, tick and others stated freely that you like certain non-butter spreads, correct? What if you'd been met with insults and aggressive talk from Mara? Would that be right?

In the end, your board, your rules... but I think catering to the whims of one group, in this case the SW lovers, is slightly ridiculous and will only add to the hatred for this movie series and their fans. Will it work... like TSS said, since there will be no difference of opinion, sure... it'll probably quell the fires for awhile.

Is it really all that bad? It's a few haters against a SLEW of lovers of this crap, and yet... it always winds up with the lovers having to go off their rockers, and start spewing insults and having tantrums. Why is that? Hmmmmm.

I see no reason for another Grand Designs type thing happening here. I've already promised to stop the bashing. banghead.gif My only input after that has been based on the continuing aggressiveness by PDigi at Treeduck.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 7 2010, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 7 2010, 06:08 PM)
I define trolling is posting inflammatory comments just for the sake of riling people up, then repeating such posts over and over long after the point was made. Is that going on in this thread and the other SW thread? I'm not implying it is, I'm asking the question.

Yes, that's exactly what's been going on and I'm sick of it. Just as soon as I quell the fighting in one thread over SW it crops up in another! That's BS and I won't have it in the forums for which I am responsible. Spirited debate is one thing, but flinging insults and saying things that prompt others to define what you're doing as a pissing contest is quite another.

Do you like the idea of someone starting a SW/Sci-fi/whatever bashing thread so the haters have a sandbox to play in?

I don't think that's the answer. The haters mainly hate to get under the skin of the lovers. The lovers wouldn't enter such a thread so there would be no point. As long as people with thin skin allow themselves to be aggravated then the pickers will continue to pick.

Just out of curiosity, would you rather have a separate thread where you can hate on SW all you want, or have the SW fans ignore you in these threads?

I love Star Wars but I can hate some of it too! That would be cool!!

Hey! How about a HARRY POTTER HATE THREAD! tongue.gif

I got in trouble for doing that a few years ago too. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 7 2010, 06:25 PM)

I don't see the problem with the current way of doing things. People of one opinion go on and on about how great something is... and then people of another opinion come in and share their feelings.

Just because people of one opinion decide the only way to argue their point is to either tattletale to the mods or to make disgusting insults and comparisons to serial killers is no reason to break the status quo.

What's the point of a discussion board, if all the threads have to be for people in agreement?

I mean... are you gonna make a seperate pinned thread for Mara and people like her that only like butter? You, GG, tick and others stated freely that you like certain non-butter spreads, correct? What if you'd been met with insults and aggressive talk from Mara? Would that be right?

In the end, your board, your rules... but I think catering to the whims of one group, in this case the SW lovers, is slightly ridiculous and will only add to the hatred for this movie series and their fans. Will it work... like TSS said, since there will be no difference of opinion, sure... it'll probably quell the fires for awhile.

Is it really all that bad? It's a few haters against a SLEW of lovers of this crap, and yet... it always winds up with the lovers having to go off their rockers, and start spewing insults and having tantrums. Why is that? Hmmmmm.

I see no reason for another Grand Designs type thing happening here. I've already promised to stop the bashing. banghead.gif My only input after that has been based on the continuing aggressiveness by PDigi at Treeduck.

goodpost.gif

trink39.gif

This wont happen and I would like to point out that star wars is winning this poll yet there were only a couple fans that were offended. Most of us have no problem ignoring the hate or respecting the differing opinion.

I don't think any forum is worth its weight in salt if you can't have open discussions with opinion on both sides.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 7 2010, 08:40 PM)

This wont happen and I would like to point out that star wars is winning this poll yet there were only a couple fans that were offended. Most of us have no problem ignoring the hate or respecting the differing opinion.

I don't think any forum is worth its weight in salt if you can't have open discussions with opinion on both sides.

TSS is right in that last post, of course. The last thing we want to do is give the impression that we don't want differing or opposing opinions on any topic, Star Wars included.

There's no problem with going into the SW threads and expressing an opposing opinion about the movies or their characters. That's normal message board debate. There's nothing wrong with saying the Ewoks and Jar Jar are abominations and Lucas should be eaten by Jabba The Hut for creating them. Or that Lucas in an idiot for re-editing Ep. IV and making Greedo shoot first. Or even, "Star Wars sucks."

No, what a couple of guys are doing is coming into these SW threads and ragging on the people who like SW, not just the movies. They're doing simply to get under people's skins and start an argument. And it's working. The SW fans fire back and we have personal attacks flying around. That goes beyond simply not liking the movies, and that's what has to stop.

I suggested to the SW fans to ignore the trollish posts of those select few haters. That doesn't absolve what the haters are doing, but it does help to keep these threads civil. The "Star Wars trolls" are acting like children when they try and needle people as opposed to just hating on the movies, so don't feed the trolls!

If you want to hate on SW, go for it. But don't get personal with people in these threads. It's no different in here than in any other part of the board.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 8 2010, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 7 2010, 08:40 PM)

TSS is right in that last post, of course. The last thing we want to do is give the impression that we don't want differing or opposing opinions on any topic, Star Wars included.

There's no problem with going into the SW threads and expressing an opposing opinion about the movies or their characters. That's normal message board debate. There's nothing wrong with saying the Ewoks and Jar Jar are abominations and Lucas should be eaten by Jabba The Hut for creating them. Or that Lucas in an idiot for re-editing Ep. IV and making Greedo shoot first. Or even, "Star Wars sucks."

No, what a couple of guys are doing is coming into these SW threads and ragging on the people who like SW, not just the movies. They're doing simply to get under people's skins and start an argument. And it's working. The SW fans fire back and we have personal attacks flying around. That goes beyond simply not liking the movies, and that's what has to stop.

I suggested to the SW fans to ignore the trollish posts of those select few haters. That doesn't absolve what the haters are doing, but it does help to keep these threads civil. The "Star Wars trolls" are acting like children when they try and needle people as opposed to just hating on the movies, so don't feed the trolls!

If you want to hate on SW, go for it. But don't get personal with people in these threads. It's no different in here than in any other part of the board.

I thank you most sincerely for that, sir.

For the rest of you: compliance will be appreciated. No, scratch that. It will be expected.

No, what a couple of guys are doing is coming into these SW threads and ragging on the people who like SW, not just the movies. They're doing this simply to get under people's skins and start an argument. And it's working. The SW fans fire back and we have personal attacks flying around. That goes beyond simply not liking the movies, and that's what has to stop.

goodpost.gif

We've known all along that Kenny thinks "Star Wars" sucks. No problem there; he's entitled to that opinion and is free to offer it. I think the problem we're having, and Kenny owns up to it, is that he LIKES getting a rise out of people. "It's what I do" he said, and then he did it some more. This isn't about the free exchange of ideas and opinions, and it's ridiculous to paint these bashing posts that way, because they go waaaaay beyond that. This is about goading people into an argument, getting personal, and getting their blood boiling... just for sport. Calling it "troll-like" behavior is right-on-the-money.

There's no problem with going into the SW threads and expressing an opposing opinion about the movies or their characters. That's normal message board debate.  There's nothing wrong with saying the Ewoks and Jar Jar are abominations and Lucas should be eaten by Jabba The Hut for creating them. Or that Lucas in an idiot for re-editing Ep. IV and making Greedo shoot first. Or even, "Star Wars sucks."

goodpost.gif

Thank you! I was going to post this same observation last night.

The problem is not Star Wars, it's all the personal, ad hominem sniping against individual members and SW fans in general.

I think the first hater post in the "Question about Star Wars" thread (page 2) set the tone we've been seeing all week, with two jibes directed at PD and a bashing of SW fans in general.

I don't mind hearing what the haters say about the movies, and would probably agree with some of their criticisms (especially about the prequels).

But why all the personal sniping? confused13.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jan 8 2010, 03:37 PM)

There's no problem with going into the SW threads and expressing an opposing opinion about the movies or their characters. That's normal message board debate.  There's nothing wrong with saying the Ewoks and Jar Jar are abominations and Lucas should be eaten by Jabba The Hut for creating them. Or that Lucas in an idiot for re-editing Ep. IV and making Greedo shoot first. Or even, "Star Wars sucks."

goodpost.gif

Thank you! I was going to post this same observation last night.

The problem is not Star Wars, it's all the personal, ad hominem sniping against individual members and SW fans in general.

I think the first hater post in the "Question about Star Wars" thread (page 2) set the tone we've been seeing all week, with two jibes directed at PD and a bashing of SW fans in general.

I don't mind hearing what the haters say about the movies, and would probably agree with some of their criticisms (especially about the prequels).

It is exactly that. Underneath I think it has little to do with Star Wars and is more about personal feuds that have gone on for quite some time. I may be wrong and people might deny it but this is my opinion.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 8 2010, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ Jan 8 2010, 03:52 PM)
Naked Gun and Star Wars (both original and prequel)

Mort!!!!!!!! How the hell are you?!!!!

hey ken! im good. good to see ya around trink39.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jan 8 2010, 12:37 PM)

yikes I just went to page 2 of that thread and it totally gave me douche chills.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 8 2010, 11:21 AM)

No, what a couple of guys are doing is coming into these SW threads and ragging on the people who like SW, not just the movies. They're doing this simply to get under people's skins and start an argument. And it's working. The SW fans fire back and we have personal attacks flying around. That goes beyond simply not liking the movies, and that's what has to stop.

goodpost.gif

We've known all along that Kenny thinks "Star Wars" sucks. No problem there; he's entitled to that opinion and is free to offer it. I think the problem we're having, and Kenny owns up to it, is that he LIKES getting a rise out of people. "It's what I do" he said, and then he did it some more. This isn't about the free exchange of ideas and opinions, and it's ridiculous to paint these bashing posts that way, because they go waaaaay beyond that. This is about goading people into an argument, getting personal, and getting their blood boiling... just for sport. Calling it "troll-like" behavior is right-on-the-money.

When did I get personal during any of my attacks on Star Wars or the fans in general? I would like to see what you think "getting personal" really is. Cuz I assure you, I haven't gotten personal with any of my insults to fans of this series.

For clarification, I believe "getting personal" would be to bring up a point about someone's life outside the realm of this topic. Have I done that? Other than trying to make a point that PDigi can write 5000 words on a subject, but his only retort to me is to compare me to John Wayne Gacy... i don't see even the slightest hint of me getting personal.

If I have, then I would agree that I'm out of line. But I seriously doubt that I've done that. Maybe we don't define personal the same way. confused13.gif

Oh... and only my wife calls me Kenny. K? tongue.gif

And for the record on this whole matter... this thread would have been DONE before one page had I not interjected the negativity. The OP asked the question and maybe it got answered and then it was done. I threw some life into it.

I'm betting that there's been more activity in here BECAUSE of me and Treeduck adding some life to the party than had you just answered the question and been done with it.

You all feel superior and got your rush by defending Star Wars to the hethen trolls. Now go put your jar jar binks masks on and watch the series all over again, secure in your place as UBER fans.

trink39.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Ooops. I meant the original thread that started all the shit. I'm confusing my bashes. Time to move on to LOTR or Harry Potter again. 1287.gif

Edited by Necromancer

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 8 2010, 10:32 PM)
And for the record on this whole matter... this thread would have been DONE before one page had I not interjected the negativity. The OP asked the question and maybe it got answered and then it was done. I threw some life into it.

I'm betting that there's been more activity in here BECAUSE of me and Treeduck adding some life to the party than had you just answered the question and been done with it.

You all feel superior and got your rush by defending Star Wars to the hethen trolls. Now go put your jar jar binks masks on and watch the series all over again, secure in your place as UBER fans.

trink39.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Ooops. I meant the original thread that started all the shit. I'm confusing my bashes. Time to move on to LOTR or Harry Potter again. 1287.gif

How did you know I had a jar jar binks mask? ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 9 2010, 03:12 PM)
And for the record on this whole matter... this thread would have been DONE before one page had I not interjected the negativity.  The OP asked the question and maybe it got answered and then it was done.  I threw some life into it. 

You all feel superior and got your rush by defending Star Wars to the hethen trolls.  Now go put your jar jar binks masks on and watch the series all over again, secure in your place as UBER fans. 

trink39.gif 

z7shysterical.gif

Ooops.  I meant the original thread that started all the shit.  I'm confusing my bashes.  Time to move on to LOTR or Harry Potter again.  1287.gif

rofl3.gif

Remember that time at Pags house? I was wearing my Leia slave girl outfit and you had the Binks mask on, while we were watching the entire series AGAIN!!!

I know... blame it on the booze, right? Shyeah.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 9 2010, 04:04 PM)
And for the record on this whole matter... this thread would have been DONE before one page had I not interjected the negativity.  The OP asked the question and maybe it got answered and then it was done.  I threw some life into it. 

You all feel superior and got your rush by defending Star Wars to the hethen trolls.  Now go put your jar jar binks masks on and watch the series all over again, secure in your place as UBER fans. 

trink39.gif 

z7shysterical.gif

Ooops.  I meant the original thread that started all the shit.  I'm confusing my bashes.  Time to move on to LOTR or Harry Potter again.  1287.gif

rofl3.gif

Remember that time at Pags house? I was wearing my Leia slave girl outfit and you had the Binks mask on, while we were watching the entire series AGAIN!!!

I remember that ! I was wearing my Lord Of The Rings Hairy feet that night !

Good times. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 9 2010, 04:30 PM)

trink39.gif 

z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif

Good times. atickhum.gif

Ladi had the R2D2 suit on cuz it actually fit her, but I really think that next time... SHE wears the Leia slavegirl outfit, eh?

yes.gif

drool1.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 8 2010, 09:28 PM)

goodpost.gif

When did I get personal during any of my attacks on Star Wars or the fans in general? I would like to see what you think "getting personal" really is. Cuz I assure you, I haven't gotten personal with any of my insults to fans of this series.

For clarification, I believe "getting personal" would be to bring up a point about someone's life outside the realm of this topic. Have I done that? Other than trying to make a point that PDigi can write 5000 words on a subject, but his only retort to me is to compare me to John Wayne Gacy... i don't see even the slightest hint of me getting personal.

If I have, then I would agree that I'm out of line. But I seriously doubt that I've done that. Maybe we don't define personal the same way. confused13.gif

Dude, i think the problem is that you bait people into getting personal cause youre coming across as a major Deuchbag. Am i saying you are one?. I dont know you personally, but you come across as the guy at the party who busts balls all night, and when someone finally has had enough and DOES get personal, you claim to be the big jokester, and no one knows how to " take a joke". Pushing buttons is fun up to a point, and when people get personal, i dont blame them.

Just try and ease up a bit.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 9 2010, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 8 2010, 09:28 PM)

goodpost.gif

Dude, i think the problem is that you bait people into getting personal cause youre coming across as a major Deuchbag. Am i saying you are one?. I dont know you personally, but you come across as the guy at the party who busts balls all night, and when someone finally has had enough and DOES get personal, you claim to be the big jokester, and no one knows how to " take a joke". Pushing buttons is fun up to a point, and when people get personal, i dont blame them.

Just try and ease up a bit.

trink39.gif

:sniff:

Okay... i'm so sowwy. I don't mean to be a big bully douchebag. I just can't help myself.

You hit the nail right on the head. Can you help me figure out the rest of my problems? Pweeez???

z7shysterical.gif

Thanks for the dimestore psychology session. Do I owe you for this... or was the first session free?

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 9 2010, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 9 2010, 04:30 PM)

trink39.gif 

z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif

Good times. atickhum.gif

Ladi had the R2D2 suit on cuz it actually fit her, but I really think that next time... SHE wears the Leia slavegirl outfit, eh?

yes.gif

drool1.gif

The slave outfit and the hairy feet ! drool1.gif

spit6ph.gif