ASoH Video: Alex's censorsed rant in La Villa?

rkd

Hi, I'm new here so forgive me if this has already been answered, I searched but couldn't find any results.

At the begining of the La Villa, these big obnoxious warning signs come up saying something about "due to the explicit nature of the vocals" yadda yadda, with these big what looks like nuclear bomb warning symbols. Then it shows Alex talking but they somehow edited out the 'vocals' (looped the intro riff). Anybody know what he says or why it was censored?

Woot, thank you very much! It looked a little too fake to be true... biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

For the lazy people who don't feel like sifting through the thread the message was supposedly a joke:

QUOTE (Snowdog)
Madra, this is from a Rush fan site:

What is happening during the "censored" section of the A Show Of Hands video?

"That's kind of a joke, but it doesn't seem like many people are getting that joke. Actually, Alex, at certain parts of that song, would just start rambling into the microphone - all kinds of various nonsense, and it actually never got recorded anywhere. So no one had any idea, including him, what he had actually said. But we loved the shot of him just ranting into this microphone, so we decided we would put up this bogus 'radioactive' warning about the fact that we had 'censored' what he had said, and we thought we did it in kind of an obvious way - it looked like it was phony, because we put the radioactivity symbols right on the screen, but nobody seems to be getting that." - Geddy Lee, in the 12/4/89 "Rockline" interview

Alex laughs. "I'm not singing, it's more spontaneous babbling! You get kinda goofy at the end of a show, especially near the end of a lengthy tour. That was just crazy rambling, verbal farting. It was Geddy's idea to put it on the video." - Alex Lifeson, in the April 1992 Kerrang interview

http://www.nimitz.net/rush/faq3ans.html#123

Archived