• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#421 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

Creative Writing 101

• Members
  • 10470 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Alex @ May 16 2010, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 15 2010, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ May 15 2010, 11:55 AM)
Do yourselves a favour and watch this

That reviewer is funny as hell, and he uses that humor to make good points. That "Avatar" review was good, but his masterpiece is the 7-part review of "The Phantom Menace."

He also has an hour and a half one of Attack of the Clones.

Here's an interesting review of The Phantom Menace:

http://www.lardbiscuit.com/lard/ilovetpm.html

Sponsored Post

#422 Weatherman2112

Weatherman2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1145 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Alex @ May 15 2010, 10:55 AM)
Do yourselves a favour and watch this

Well, I have been searching for a way to express how I felt about this movie without sounding too offensive to those that loved it. This may be offensive but it was perfect!
goodpost.gif  

#423 Andrew1

Andrew1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, art

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:42 AM

I just heard a few days ago that the Avatar Special Edition is coming back to theaters, August 27.

I predicted this awhile back. It's giving everyone a chance to see it in 3D if they missed it the first time around. I've talked to several people who, after seeing it for the first time at home, were kicking themselves for not checking it out at the theater in 3D.

It's also giving 20th Century Fox and James Cameron another chance to make boatloads of money.  laugh.gif  That's fine with me though. To me, it's worth it. I love this movie. IMO, I think everyone who enjoyed this film, should take the oppurunity to see it in 3D, if they haven't already.

The Special Edition contains about 8 minutes of never before seen footage. That's not much, considering the film hits the three hour mark, but I'm on board. I'm looking forward to seeing it in 3D again. Extra footage or not. It's a good time.

Anyone thinking about going to see it again? Or for the first time in 3D?

#424 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22079 posts
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Aug 25 2010, 05:42 AM)
I just heard a few days ago that the Avatar Special Edition is coming back to theaters, August 27.

I predicted this awhile back. It's giving everyone a chance to see it in 3D if they missed it the first time around. I've talked to several people who, after seeing it for the first time at home, were kicking themselves for not checking it out at the theater in 3D.

It's also giving 20th Century Fox and James Cameron another chance to make boatloads of money.  laugh.gif  That's fine with me though. To me, it's worth it. I love this movie. IMO, I think everyone who enjoyed this film, should take the oppurunity to see it in 3D, if they haven't already.

The Special Edition contains about 8 minutes of never before seen footage. That's not much, considering the film hits the three hour mark, but I'm on board. I'm looking forward to seeing it in 3D again. Extra footage or not. It's a good time.

8 extra minutes of suck? No thanks. Move over George Lucas, here comes James Cameron!

#425 Andrew1

Andrew1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 25 2010, 06:44 AM)

It's also giving 20th Century Fox and James Cameron another chance to make boatloads of money.  laugh.gif  That's fine with me though. To me, it's worth it. I love this movie. IMO, I think everyone who enjoyed this film, should take the oppurunity to see it in 3D, if they haven't already.

8 extra minutes of suck? No thanks. Move over George Lucas, here comes James Cameron!

ohmy.gif   no.gif   I guess it's not for everyone. I didn't know you were such a fan, Jack Aubrey. I'm shocked.   wink.gif

Oh, happy late birthday dude!  trink39.gif

Avatar and James Cameron rules. It's still better than Matchstick Men. laugh.gif  

#426 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22079 posts
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Aug 25 2010, 05:50 AM)

It's also giving 20th Century Fox and James Cameron another chance to make boatloads of money.  laugh.gif  That's fine with me though. To me, it's worth it. I love this movie. IMO, I think everyone who enjoyed this film, should take the oppurunity to see it in 3D, if they haven't already.

ohmy.gif   no.gif   I guess it's not for everyone. I didn't know you were such a fan, Jack Aubrey. I'm shocked.   wink.gif

Avatar and James Cameron rules. It's still better than Matchstick Men. laugh.gif

You got me! :shakefist: laugh.gif Just beware of Cameron's double-dipping, man. Something tells me he's going to be doing this for a while. To be honest, I really did want to like Avatar and I was very impressed with the special effects, but the story is far too hackneyed and I think Cameron should be better than that. The Abyss remains one of my top 100 movies.

Thanks for the belated birthday wish, sir!  

#427 Andrew1

Andrew1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 25 2010, 07:21 AM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Aug 25 2010, 05:50 AM)

You got me! :shakefist: laugh.gif Just beware of Cameron's double-dipping, man. Something tells me he's going to be doing this for a while. To be honest, I really did want to like Avatar and I was very impressed with the special effects, but the story is far too hackneyed and I think Cameron should be better than that. The Abyss remains one of my top 100 movies.

Thanks for the belated birthday wish, sir!

You're welcome. I hope you had a good one.

I know where you're coming from. Believe me, I do. The story is a little light but it's entertaining as hell. Only James Cameron could have pulled this one off. I just love it, but that's me.

The Abyss!  yes.gif  One of my all time favorites as well. It's a shame it did so poorly at the box office because he had to cut so much of the film out. I loved finally seeing the Special Edition with the extra footage. Excellent film. Ed Harris is still one of my favorite actors because of that performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users