Bonds hints he might miss season

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This bickering is getting nowhere and this forum is too good of a place to get like this in any thread guys.

Anyway, I think you are right Indica on the legality of steroids in baseball. I believe that while they are/have been illegal in sports such as pro football and basketball, I think the rule on steroids for baseball is actually either not a rule yet, or is a new rule within the past year or so. I would like someone to find the answer on this actually.

So basically, that would mean Bonds did not break and written rule if this is true - people can have an opinion that he is a cheater, but technically if this is a new rule (and I think it is), then no one has cheated yet (unless they did it this past year if the rule was placed a year ago).

The bottom line is that steroids do need to go away in pro sports, then problem of course is how do you allow records set by these players stand when they were "steroid induced". Take away steroids from the game now and no one can ever break those records in 100 years... It is a real big dilema.. Any thoughts?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 09:05 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 08:46 PM)
I hope his knee gets better and he comes back and hits 56 home runs between this year and next. That would rock. http://www.ericwithac.de/site/images/myDiary/Playing%20Heart-Ball%202002/Barry%20Bonds%20hits%20HR%20600.jpg

It would be a disgrace to the game, after all that Hank Aaron went through.

Exactly. Hank endured years of racist abuse and death threats. But Bonds puts fannies in the seats so I guess integrity counts for nothing....It makes it all right,hunky dory. Yeah I'm jealous sarcasm.gif

Bonds also went through racial abuse, and now that you mentioned it, he had some death threats also. Jealousy sucks, I need a bumper sticker that says that. rofl3.gif

For someone who continuously harps against generalizations you sure are good at it yourself. Just because people object to someone you admire you consider it jealousy but if you do it you cry "victim" and bitch and whine about being lump in with a certain group of people. This has nothing whatsoever to do with jealousy. Don't know how many times I have to say that but it's the reality. You keep running your mouth about the liars and the cheats in the world but when it comes to your own "heroes" it makes it ok. I'm gonna get a bumper sticker too..."THE HYPOCRISY CONTINUES."

Nice try. Well not really, My last post explains what I mean. I'm not a hypocrite, you are the one that says Britney is a fake for lip syncing but when Geddy does it then it's OK.

WHO'S THE HYPOCRITE? YOU ARE. If you can't see that then I truly feel sorry for you. Poor guy.

right here

You are the one calling people a fake, all I said was Geddy does the same thing in the song earthshine. I never once called him a fake. I stood in the 3rd row and saw the backups for earthshine being played from sampling, as geddy half ass moved his lips. I'm just pointing out that Rush does the same things as the people who you are calling a fake. I'm not the jealous f**k whos calling people "fakes" and other names. I'm a musician, I'm not jealous of other performers, I'm just not. Sorry. I saw rush 20 times, so what, they uses samplers in "the big money, "earthshine" and a few other songs but oh well. I'm not going to stood so low as calling them fakes. That's your job. Oh wait, you only do it to bands you don't like. hmmmmmm Yeah, im a hypocrite lol. Funny, you suck at arguing because you contridict too much. Show me some f***ing competition.

There's a big difference between what Rush does in their shows to "enhance" their peformance, than what Britney Spears does. She claims to be doing a live show with live vocals, yet she doesn't. To me that's fake, and I'd call her that to her face if I had the chance. To me her millions are wasted, they could have been used to help fight cancer or cure AIDS as far as I'm concerned.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (Apollo was astonished @ Mar 24 2005, 10:05 PM)
Are steroids actually illegal in baseball?  I actually thought there was no set rule, only an unspoken one - sorry if I am ignorant on this, can someone please clarify this for me though?

That's why I was asking because I'm not sure either. For some reason I thought the rule just went into effect the last year or so. My point is, it's not his fault that they didn't ever test them for steroids, sure he's wrong for using them but I can't just point the finger at him. I also can't put others down for doing any type of drugs for any reason when I've did my own fair share. That would make me a hypocrite. I guess I like to play the devil's advocate and also put myself in other peoples shoes before judging them. I'm just a nice guy like that, what can I say?

Steroids weren't officially banned by MLB until late 2002. HGH isn't banned because they haven't come up with a reliable test for it. If it's not a big deal, why can't ball players admit they took it before it was officially banned? Even Ahnold admitted he took steroids back in the day when they were legal in his sport. Nearly every sport in the world today doesn't allow steroids. It's easy enough to see that they are frowned upon in general. Nobody wants to say they take them. Canseco wouldn't ever admit to his own use until it was time for him to make money telling the world about it. There are life threatening risks to them. Rewarding users punishes those who do not want to risk their well being. It's clearly a moral wrong in competitive sports.

In Sammy's case, steroids are legal in the Dominican Republic. Hmmm....

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:29 PM)
I hope his knee gets better and he comes back and hits 56 home runs between this year and next. That would rock. http://www.ericwithac.de/site/images/myDiary/Playing%20Heart-Ball%202002/Barry%20Bonds%20hits%20HR%20600.jpg

Exactly. Hank endured years of racist abuse and death threats. But Bonds puts fannies in the seats so I guess integrity counts for nothing....It makes it all right,hunky dory. Yeah I'm jealous sarcasm.gif

Bonds also went through racial abuse, and now that you mentioned it, he had some death threats also. Jealousy sucks, I need a bumper sticker that says that. rofl3.gif

For someone who continuously harps against generalizations you sure are good at it yourself. Just because people object to someone you admire you consider it jealousy but if you do it you cry "victim" and bitch and whine about being lump in with a certain group of people. This has nothing whatsoever to do with jealousy. Don't know how many times I have to say that but it's the reality. You keep running your mouth about the liars and the cheats in the world but when it comes to your own "heroes" it makes it ok. I'm gonna get a bumper sticker too..."THE HYPOCRISY CONTINUES."

Nice try. Well not really, My last post explains what I mean. I'm not a hypocrite, you are the one that says Britney is a fake for lip syncing but when Geddy does it then it's OK.

WHO'S THE HYPOCRITE? YOU ARE. If you can't see that then I truly feel sorry for you. Poor guy.

right here

You are the one calling people a fake, all I said was Geddy does the same thing in the song earthshine. I never once called him a fake. I stood in the 3rd row and saw the backups for earthshine being played from sampling, as geddy half ass moved his lips. I'm just pointing out that Rush does the same things as the people who you are calling a fake. I'm not the jealous f**k whos calling people "fakes" and other names. I'm a musician, I'm not jealous of other performers, I'm just not. Sorry. I saw rush 20 times, so what, they uses samplers in "the big money, "earthshine" and a few other songs but oh well. I'm not going to stood so low as calling them fakes. That's your job. Oh wait, you only do it to bands you don't like. hmmmmmm Yeah, im a hypocrite lol. Funny, you suck at arguing because you contridict too much. Show me some f***ing competition.

Look you can rant and rave all you want about what is fake and what is contradiction and what is hypocrisy the point is I object to u saying people are jealous because they do all of this. You've been harping about being generalized about things yet you do it yourself. I couldn't care less if you are a musician. Doesn't mean you are any better than I am. I don't have a jealous bone in my body, especially over petty shit how successful britney is or anyone else for that matter.

QUOTE (Trance @ Mar 24 2005, 10:33 PM)
There's a big difference between what Rush does in their shows to "enhance" their peformance, than what Britney Spears does. She claims to be doing a live show with live vocals, yet she doesn't. To me that's fake, and I'd call her that to her face if I had the chance. To me her millions are wasted, they could have been used to help fight cancer or cure AIDS as far as I'm concerned.

You could say the same things about a lot of things money goes to. If everyone quit drinking for a year just think how much money could be saved to fight cancer, AIDS or whatever. If everyone quit smoking, quit gambling, quit...................You get the point.

Complaining about Britney isn't getting anyone anywhere. Until people stop buying records, posters, concert tickets then I don't see anything changing. That's just reality and I wish people would realize it and focus their complaints on the real problems in the world, God knows theres enough others REAL problems out there.

GOD!!! Why do I always have to get the last word? I wish I would just shut up sometimes, I don't ever get my point across EVER. I think I make damn good points too but everyone is so damn thick headed just like me.

I love all you guys, please dont hate me.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:29 PM)

right here

Look you can rant and rave all you want about what is fake and what is contradiction and what is hypocrisy the point is I object to u saying people are jealous because they do all of this. You've been harping about being generalized about things yet you do it yourself. I couldn't care less if you are a musician. Doesn't mean you are any better than I am. I don't have a jealous bone in my body, especially over petty shit how successful britney is or anyone else for that matter.

OK, fair enough. I apoligize if I offended you. I hope you are still my friend.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:39 PM)

You could say the same things about a lot of things money goes to. If everyone quit drinking for a year just think how much money could be saved to fight cancer, AIDS or whatever. If everyone quit smoking, quit gambling, quit...................You get the point.

Complaining about Britney isn't getting anyone anywhere. Until people stop buying records, posters, concert tickets then I don't see anything changing. That's just reality and I wish people would realize it and focus their complaints on the real problems in the world, God knows theres enough others REAL problems out there.

GOD!!! Why do I always have to get the last word? I wish I would just shut up sometimes, I don't ever get my point across EVER. I think I make damn good points too but everyone is so damn thick headed just like me.

Farg you you're not getting the last word you pompous ass! Is that what this is all to you??? Having the last farging word??? You did not win this battle my friend. All your useless ranting had nothing to do with my point which is I refused to be assumed something I'm not! For the lasrt time I I wasn't complaining about Britney I was objecting to you bringing up jealousy! JEEZ!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:39 PM)

Farg you you're not getting the last word you pompous ass! Is that what this is all to you??? Having the last farging word??? You did not win this battle my friend. All your useless ranting had nothing to do with my point which is I refused to be assumed something I'm not! For the lasrt time I I wasn't complaining about Britney I was objecting to you bringing up jealousy! JEEZ!

OK, you win, you're the champ. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 10:52 PM)
No ..nobody wins....a waste of f***ing time...sheesh arguing over britney spears of all people laugh.gif On a Rush board no less

I wasn't really arguing about Britney, I pretty much agree with most of the things you said about her but I just don't see the point in bashing. But that's just me, everyones different. If she looked like Roseanne Barr then I doubt we would have heard from her lol.

You are right, there's no point in arguing about this, or bashing people for suckin. There's a lot of people who suck, no sense in singling any of em out hahahahahaha.

Hey, don't call me an ass no more, that's not very nice. You may hurt my feelings like that.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 25 2005, 09:25 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=bayless/050325

Yeah, there's a lot of people who hate him just as the author of that article does. The hate didn't just start though, many people hated him long before the alleged steroids use, they hated him years before that. When you're good, people hate you, plain and simple. I see it everyday, the steroids is just an excuse right now, what was the excuse before that?

He's one of the best players ever, he has been since he has been in Major league, get over it people.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 26 2005, 12:48 AM)

Yeah, there's a lot of people who hate him just as the author of that article does. The hate didn't just start though, many people hated him long before the alleged steroids use, they hated him years before that. When you're good, people hate you, plain and simple. I see it everyday, the steroids is just an excuse right now, what was the excuse before that?

He's one of the best players ever, he has been since he has been in Major league, get over it people.

Yeah, and Ben Johnson was one of the fastest sprinters ever. Michael Milken was one of the greatest financial geniuses ever, too, don't forget. Yeah, I'm jealous that he had a billion left over after getting out of jail. I'm jealous of all the corrupt politicians we elect, too. I'm jealous that Bud Selig made so much money turning the game into the mockery that it is today.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 26 2005, 01:03 AM)

Yeah, and Ben Johnson was one of the fastest sprinters ever. Michael Milken was one of the greatest financial geniuses ever, too, don't forget. Yeah, I'm jealous that he had a billion left over after getting out of jail. I'm jealous of all the corrupt politicians we elect, too. I'm jealous that Bud Selig made so much money turning the game into the mockery that it is today.

A lot of people are. You're not alone.

I didn't use the word jealous in my last post, I just said people hated him long before the steroids. It's true, I remember people hated him back in 1990, and you never really heard much about steroids then. So it had to be for some other reason, maybe because he's cocky? I don't know the answer.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 26 2005, 01:23 AM)

I didn't use the word jealous in my last post, I just said people hated him long before the steroids. It's true, I remember people hated him back in 1990, and you never really heard much about steroids then. So it had to be for some other reason, maybe because he's cocky? I don't know the answer.

I remember that as well about him. Some ball players just don't have a good relationship with the media. Jim Rice won't get voted in by the writers because of that, for example. Bobby Bonds also wasn't well liked by the media, and it wasn't an accident that he played for so many teams. Did Clemente and Stargell have good relationships with the media?

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 26 2005, 01:30 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 26 2005, 01:23 AM)

I remember that as well about him. Some ball players just don't have a good relationship with the media. Jim Rice won't get voted in by the writers because of that, for example. Bobby Bonds also wasn't well liked by the media, and it wasn't an accident that he played for so many teams. Did Clemente and Stargell have good relationships with the media?

Yeah, EVERYONE loved Pops. I'm not old enough to remember Clemente but I haven't ever heard anyone say anything bad about him. I heard he was a pretty good guy and just by the way he died proved that. He was delivering relief supplies to help the people of Nicaragua when his plane crashed. He was one of the most caring individuals off the field, who gave his life to help others. He died in the peak of his career too which makes it even more sad to think how much more he could have done.

The difference is the attitude I guess, Bonds does seem a little cocky. When I met him in Pittsburgh he seemed cool though, but I can see how people think he's a prick. I feel the same way about him as I do Neil Peart, people say he's a snob too, but I don't have to be around him so it doesn't bother me unless he was directly a prick to me. The guys I talked to that worked for Three Rivers stadium and seen Bonds daily told me that Bonds isn't fake, he acts the same way off camera than on camera. I respected him for that, because you know damn well a lot of other suck asses were fake until the cameras were off, which is weak in my book. I guess that's why a lot of people hate him so bad, it goes back a lot further than steroids though, I know that much. Oh well, no big deal, it's his problem not mine, I have to many of my own problems to worry about someones that I don't even know.

I brought up Stargell and Clemente to contrast with Bonds. Nobody ever says anything bad about those two. Clemente especially will forever have a place in the hearts of all baseball fans, and not just Pirate fans. Even those too young to have ever seen him play. No amount of spin will ever change Bonds' image. He has always been a prick, and always will be. And now his character has been exposed for what it is, as well. He could hit 1000 homers, but his image will never be on a par with Stargell or Clemente. Another good example of how to act was Wayne Gretzky. Can't feel too bad for Barry. He's getting what he deserves now.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 26 2005, 01:07 PM)
I brought up Stargell and Clemente to contrast with Bonds. Nobody ever says anything bad about those two. Clemente especially will forever have a place in the hearts of all baseball fans, and not just Pirate fans. Even those too young to have ever seen him play. No amount of spin will ever change Bonds' image. He has always been a prick, and always will be. And now his character has been exposed for what it is, as well. He could hit 1000 homers, but his image will never be on a par with Stargell or Clemente. Another good example of how to act was Wayne Gretzky. Can't feel too bad for Barry. He's getting what he deserves now.

I don't feel bad for him either. Give me his salary and then say whatever you want about me and I will just smile and nod. 653.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 26 2005, 01:07 PM)
I brought up Stargell and Clemente to contrast with Bonds.  Nobody ever says anything bad about those two.  Clemente especially will forever have a place in the hearts of all baseball fans, and not just Pirate fans.  Even those too young to have ever seen him play.  No amount of spin will ever change Bonds' image.  He has always been a prick, and always will be.  And now his character has been exposed for what it is, as well.  He could hit 1000 homers, but his image will never be on a par with Stargell or Clemente.  Another good example of how to act was Wayne Gretzky.  Can't feel too bad for Barry.  He's getting what he deserves now.

I have been a Dodger fan since the early 70's I can still remember, watching "Pops Stargell' play,looking back it was a real treat. You hated it when he came up to bat, he was such a force to be reckened with. As far as Clemente I can still remember hearing about his death on the radio as I was getting up in the morning. That was just before really getting into baseball. But watching him in all aspects of the game was truley remarkable!! especially "running the bases" 653.gif He could fly and he hustled all the time like most players back then. As far as Bonds goes, he is such a force in the game there is no denying that. But to me he is a "lazy outfielder" that is just my opinion, I hate that in a ball player. It just seems alot of the times he is not into the game out in left field. As far as the media goes, he has no one to blame but himself. He brought all of this on by never talking to the press ect. Now he has the nerve to come out and blame them for all of his troubles VERY WEAK!!!

All I know is I have opening day tickets to the Pirates game., 20 rows directly behind home plate in the lower level. And in my book, that rules. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived