Bonds hints he might miss season

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he is forced to retire. I'd hate to see him break Aaron's record, especially after all that Aaron had to endure along the way. As he approached Ruth's record, he had racists threatening to kill him if he broke the record. I can't imagine going out on the field with that hanging over me. There was a fan circling the bases with him on number 715, and I can't imagine what was going through his mind as that was transpiring. I've heard that Bonds wants to break Ruth's mark but doesn't care if he breaks Aaron's. Whatever. By the way, they say that Bonds couldn't attend the hearings because his head couldn't fit through the door...

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 22 2005, 08:44 PM)
I hope he gets better and can play this season, I always liked watching him play.

He probably was more enjoyable to watch when he was relatively clean in Pittsburgh. Otherwise, what he has done is a complete abomination. His records should all have asterisks, though Selig would never go for that.

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Mar 23 2005, 10:53 AM)
He's blaming the media fists crying.gif

Hank Aaron... now there's a class act yes.gif I hope Bonds never breaks his clean records. no.gif

Just like I said, the guy is a total prick. He always blames others. "Oh, I didn't know that it was steroids. My trainer told me to take them." My ass. He knew perfectly well what he was getting into. I couldn't agree with you more spirit. Hank Aaron was all class. If Bonds broke the record, we wouldn't hear the end of it. I bet he would say something like, "Yeah, you guys tried to break me, but you couldn't do it. Look who is the record holder now!" upyours.gif Barry.

(Sorry if anyone is offended by this sudden outburst.) tongue.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 23 2005, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 23 2005, 02:23 PM)
Bonds is my boy, when I met him he was really cool.

I think he's changed a little since his skinny days in Pittsburgh....

Prolly so. But so have I. smile.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 23 2005, 06:20 PM)

We all have, but not through steroids and HGH. I'm surprised there's no "Say it ain't so, Barry" in there....

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 23 2005, 10:40 PM)

We all have, but not through steroids and HGH. I'm surprised there's no "Say it ain't so, Barry" in there....

I changed, but not because steroids. I've smoked a lot of weed, drank a lot in the past, & did other drugs. Did it change me? Could have. It's hard for me to judge others for taking any kinds of drugs in their life for whatever reason they used them. I can't put others down for the same things that I've done also. I don't know his situation, I don't know for sure why he did what he did, maybe he wanted to be the best ever, I don't know. Until I know for a fact and not from the bullshit media crap then I can't really put him down for that either. And why is everyone just after Bonds? Because he had a lot of talent before he did steroids and he had a chance to break an all time record? What about all the other guys doing steroids, why aren't the witch hunters putting them down on a daily basis, because they didn't come close to breaking records? Does everyone think that only Bonds did steroids? I'm getting sick of all the people judging him and hating on him when they have no clue what really went on.

There have been cheaters all through baseball with spitballs and corked bats, Bonds didn't just invent this yesterday. If it was just him then I could understand singling him out but it's not just him so I wish everyone would get off his ass. People seem jealous of a lot of people who make it big, from Ashley Simpson, Britney Spears, Barry Bonds. It gets old seeing people slam people that made a lot of money through something they do for entertainment. That's just my opinion.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 12:29 AM)

I changed, but not because steroids. I've smoked a lot of weed, drank a lot in the past, & did other drugs. Did it change me? Could have. It's hard for me to judge others for taking any kinds of drugs in their life for whatever reason they used them. I can't put others down for the same things that I've done also. I don't know his situation, I don't know for sure why he did what he did, maybe he wanted to be the best ever, I don't know. Until I know for a fact and not from the bullshit media crap then I can't really put him down for that either. And why is everyone just after Bonds? Because he had a lot of talent before he did steroids and he had a chance to break an all time record? What about all the other guys doing steroids, why aren't the witch hunters putting them down on a daily basis, because they didn't come close to breaking records? Does everyone think that only Bonds did steroids? I'm getting sick of all the people judging him and hating on him when they have no clue what really went on.

There have been cheaters all through baseball with spitballs and corked bats, Bonds didn't just invent this yesterday. If it was just him then I could understand singling him out but it's not just him so I wish everyone would get off his ass. People seem jealous of a lot of people who make it big, from Ashley Simpson, Britney Spears, Barry Bonds. It gets old seeing people slam people that made a lot of money through something they do for entertainment. That's just my opinion.

I know he wasn't the only one. He's just the best one. Whatever you drugs you do are your business, but I'm sure you didn't do them in a quest to be the best at a given sport, fooling the world along the way. I know others have cheated in various ways. Gaylord Perry and Don Sutton cheated their way into the HOF. Whitey Ford probably did, as well. If I had my way I'd throw the bums out. It makes me sick to see people behave this way. I'm not jealous of them. That would be like accusing somebody of being jealous of Britney because he or she said that she got implants and made it big as a result. The cheaters work to bring down the game. If there's no integrity, what's left?

Ashlee Simpson!!!!! Britney Spears!!!! They get trashed because they are FAKE!!!!!! What jealousy are you talking about? confused13.gif You've got to come up with a better analogy than that. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 02:34 PM)

Ashlee Simpson!!!!! Britney Spears!!!! They get trashed because they are FAKE!!!!!! What jealousy are you talking about? confused13.gif You've got to come up with a better analogy than that. sarcasm.gif

It's a great analogy, people bash them all day long because they got famous, fake or not. BRILLIANT analogy, people are calling Bonds a fake, you are calling Britney a fake, Brilliant analogy I say, Brilliant.....If the same people who are trashing these girls had a chance to make millions by singing other peoples songs and even lip syncing, 9 out of 10 would do it and make the millions, but since it's someone else doing it they are jealous. I know people will say "no I wouldn't be fake to make millions" and I say "yeahright, liars" ............ When it comes right down to it they would do it too. It would be stupid not to, besides, fake or not, a lot of people like their music and entertainment values so who cares, "That's Entertainment"...It's not a pissing contest.

Neil said it best, you know Neil don't you? The drummer for the band Rush, he's a great songwriter.

Watch his every move

SUPERCONDUCTOR

Orchestrate illusions

SUPERCONDUCTOR

Watch his every move

SUPERCONDUCTOR

Hoping you'll believe

Designing to deceive

That's entertainment

Watch her every move

SUPERCONDUCTOR

She can manipulate reactions

SUPERCONDUCTOR

Watch her every move

SUPERCONDUCTOR

Pin the donkeys on her tail

Fantasy for sale

That's entertainment...

It gets old seeing jealous people bash others all the time, I say "Get over it" they are there and you are not, if you want what they have then go out and do something about it, until then stop bitching and moaning. When a 12 year old girl buys a Britney CD she likes the music, she doesn't care if she's fake, whatever you mean by her being fake..... Fake boobs? She's really a robot and it's not her dancing? Effects on her voice? Are you saying Britney isn't really singing? Fake? What's a fake? I think shes a real person just like you and I but she just done the right things in her life and she looks a WHOLE lot better. That's why she's a millionare. She actually puts on a decent show or people wouldn't go see it. "That's Entertainment".................Not everyone in the world is going to be entertained by the same thing. Just because Rush is great doesn't mean everyone has to be killer musicians to have entertainment value to someone. They don't bitch about us being entertained by Rush so we shouldn't bitch about them being entertained about who they like. How can anything positive come out of bitching about entertainers all the time, if you don't like them, DONT WATCH THEM, DONT BUY THEIR CD'S. It's simple.

So was Neil jealous of these "Superconductors" when he wrote the song? Are you jealous if you don't like certain politicians? Am I jealous if I don't like the way tobacco companies make billions? Should the Maris family be jealous? Should Hank Aaron or Willie Mays be jealous? Why do you insist on putting Bonds on this pedestal? I just don't get it.

I can assure you I'm not jealous of Britney Spears.. sarcasm.gif If I'm going to be an entertainer I'm going to play real instruments and sing live and not rely on tits and ass to get by. It's called integrity. The analogy you make is far from brilliant; You want to pay 100 bucks a ticket to watch her wiggle her ass that's your perogative. Her lip-synching at live concerts is well documented. Me, I rather watch great musicianship (ye like Rush sarcasm.gif ). It's a stupid analogy because nobody is jealous because someone is being fake to rip off people. people are pissed because they are getting ripped off. So u think it was ok for Ashlee Simpson to lip-synch on Saturday Night LIVE?? And to top it off blame it on her band..on national tv no less??? At least her sister is honest and caters to the right crowd. Ashlee is trying SO hard to pass herself as a rocker, it's pathetic. Why the mindless, endless rant??? Geez it's only Britney and Ashlee. confused13.gif

You know everybody is right. You are a pathetic, childish idiot who cannot handle anybody speaking up against you without you going into a f***ing tantrum. I'm up for a decent debate but all you spew is negative ranting that goes nowhere. Because the rules have changed in politics forum you don't go there anymore and you spread your garbage elsewhere on the board trying to antagonize people?? Get a life. upyours.gif I don't need you to turn Rush against me to preach your crap. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks Superconductor is Neil's sarcastic take on the entertainment world today. If anything it proves my point right more than it does yours.

Why Is Bonds getting more attention than the other alleged steroid users? Because Bonds is poised to break the most heralded record in all of sports, and the others aren't, and because Bonds CHEATED to get to this point, whereas Ruth and Aaron didn't. If it was fellow juicer Gary Sheffield sitting at 703 HRs right now instead of Bonds, Sheffield would be taking all the heat. It really is that simple.

I posted this thread to state Bonds was injured and that it was possible he would miss the season. It was supposed to be baseball-related news. I didn't mean for this to be a debate on the alleged steroids issue. We already have a thread for that.

Bonds isn't a nice guy, then again Ruth wasn't very nice either.

Anyone here play baseball? Steriods aside, it takes amazing talent to still have the accuracy hit the ball like Bonds does. He is an all around great player.

Britney Spears has found a niche in the market, and she is successful as a result. She is actually a pretty good dancer on stage - it still takes amazing talent to be able to dance in sync like that. Not my thing at all, but hey she doesn't do well for what she does.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 05:58 PM)
And for the record I was only objecting to your pathetic opinion that people are jealous of these cheaters and fakes.... capeesh?

I didn't expect you to just come out and "admit" you were jealous of Britney Spears, that's just not something someone jealous usually does, they just sit and bash all day and it shows but they will never admit it. Carry on.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 07:23 PM)
Bonds isn't a nice guy, then again Ruth wasn't very nice either.

Anyone here play baseball? Steriods aside, it takes amazing talent to still have the accuracy hit the ball like Bonds does. He is an all around great player.

Britney Spears has found a niche in the market, and she is successful as a result. She is actually a pretty good dancer on stage - it still takes amazing talent to be able to dance in sync like that. Not my thing at all, but hey she doesn't do well for what she does.

Now heres a "rational" post. Thanks Barney, good job. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

For the record, I don't like Bonds, Britney Spears, Metallica, Bruce Willis or Alexei Yashin as people...

But I can give credit where it's due. They are successful because they appeal to people and have talent at what they do. If none of them had talent, we'd all be where they're at. Just my two cents.

Archived