Football talk

Indica

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 27 2004, 10:37 AM)
Congrats on your cats there, Snow! Too bad my cats had a bit of a schoolin' by the Eagles this weekend. doh.gif

I have a feeling that a lot of teams are going to get schooled by the eagles. I remember last season some people were saying Mcnabb was underrated, boy, they were WRONG. applaudit.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 27 2004, 12:25 PM)
Congrats on your cats there, Snow! Too bad my cats had a bit of a schoolin' by the Eagles this weekend.  doh.gif

I have a feeling that a lot of teams are going to get schooled by the eagles. I remember last season some people were saying Mcnabb was underrated, boy, they were WRONG. applaudit.gif

hey, that comment belongs in the politics thread laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 27 2004, 12:25 PM)
Congrats on your cats there, Snow! Too bad my cats had a bit of a schoolin' by the Eagles this weekend.  doh.gif

Well, you know what "they" say... Show me, don't tell me. McNabb and the boys laid down way too easy last year in the NFC Championship game IMO. They've got a HUGE monkey on their backs, after doing it 3 years in a row.

(But whaddo I care?)

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 31 2004, 08:52 AM)
Schnickies! Yesterday was a dark day for Florida college ball. Not since 1978 have all three major football teams lost on the same day.

Florida follies.

<HARUMPH!!>  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

Sunshine State football RULES!!! (I mean................ usually.)  biggrin.gif

Hasn't happened since 1978? Wow! The Miami game was the shocker for me, I was sure they would pull that out. But give NC credit, they piled up over 500 yards of offense on the 'Canes.

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 31 2004, 07:49 AM)
QUOTE (libra @ Oct 17 2004, 07:36 AM)
GO NY GIANTS

Umm.......... GO LIONS!

(Hey now! It's rare for my Lions to be doing so well. Lemme have some fun with it, while it lasts.) biggrin.gif

trink39.gif GIANTS trink39.gif Looking Good @ 5-2 trink39.gif

this is what the giants did to the vikings pokey.gif

well..West Ham won which is a good thing (if not a rare thing ) still.. with the Brighton game saturday ,that should be another 3 points....

Could someone please donate a defense to my local charity, otherwise known as the Colts. Sheesh. I can hardly watch them play, anymore. That's O.K. When the season's over and they've been beat yet again in the playoffs, management is going to have to beef up the defense.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 12 2004, 07:57 PM)
Could someone please donate a defense to my local charity, otherwise known as the Colts. Sheesh. I can hardly watch them play, anymore. That's O.K. When the season's over and they've been beat yet again in the playoffs, management is going to have to beef up the defense.

They were supposed to do that this year!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 12 2004, 08:37 PM)

Yeah, I know. And the year before, for that matter. The only reason they rank 16th against the run is because every opponent knows they can just shred the Colts secondary, which you're probably aware is ranked dead last! mad.gif

QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 13 2004, 12:22 AM)

Yeah, I know. And the year before, for that matter. The only reason they rank 16th against the run is because every opponent knows they can just shred the Colts secondary, which you're probably aware is ranked dead last! mad.gif

The interesting part is that Coach Dungy is a defensive genius...just a matter of getting right players and getting them to take up his system...give them time...your'e doing way better than my niners! laugh.gif All of our best players on defense are hurt and that explains our 1-7 record... sad.gif mad.gif 062802puke_prv.gif and we got one win only because we beat cardinals....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 13 2004, 02:55 AM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 13 2004, 12:22 AM)

The interesting part is that Coach Dungy is a defensive genius...just a matter of getting right players and getting them to take up his system...give them time...your'e doing way better than my niners! laugh.gif All of our best players on defense are hurt and that explains our 1-7 record... sad.gif mad.gif 062802puke_prv.gif and we got one win only because we beat cardinals....

Yes, I like Coach Dungy's Cover-2 scheme. But in the off-season and come draft day they better be focused solely on defensive acquisitions. It's not like the offense needs any help biggrin.gif . Yeah, you niners fans have had a tough year, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Maybe I should start my own lonely little college football thread...

But, until then, I shall brag quite unselfconsciously about my team, the Auburn Tigers (#3 in the nation, with a record of 10-0), who thrashed the #5 Georgia Bulldogs yesterday, 24-6. Auburn deserves to be #2 (just ask ESPN's College Gameday staff smile.gif) and play USC for the national title.

But, the BCS system may well leave them out in the cold, and that AIN'T fair (forgive my lapse into Alabama talk).

A quote from sports writer Troy Johnson in the Macon Telegraph (http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/10177380.htm):

If Auburn beats Alabama next week and defeats Tennessee in the SEC championship, it would be a travesty if the Tigers didn't get to play for the national championship.

"It's a special team," [Auburn head coach] Tuberville said. "The 1972 team was called 'The Amazin's.' I don't know what we'll name this group, but they're going to have to be called something."

Don't be surprised if they're simply called "Champions" the day after the Orange Bowl.

cheer.gif Thanks for letting a southern gal indulge her love of the game. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 14 2004, 11:47 AM)
Auburn deserves to be #2 (just ask ESPN's College Gameday staff smile.gif) and play USC for the national title.

But, the BCS system may well leave them out in the cold, and that AIN'T fair.

BCS stands for Bullshit College System. It is such a bogus way of ranking the teams.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 14 2004, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 14 2004, 11:47 AM)
Auburn deserves to be #2 (just ask ESPN's College Gameday staff smile.gif) and play USC for the national title.

But, the BCS system may well leave them out in the cold, and that AIN'T fair.

BCS stands for Bullshit College System. It is such a bogus way of ranking the teams.

I totally agree...they need a playoff system...the reason they don't is because of the bowl games being so lucrative...the greedy bastards! Why don't they just set up a playoff system and use each bowl game to represent each playoff game?? Or at the least use 2 major bowl games and match the top 4 teams in a semi-final matchup and then have national championship game a week later(using another major bowl game)? The system now is so bogus

Auburn is 11-0! Great season...they'll be playing Tennessee in the SEC Championship game in two weeks. Hopefully they'll win, but will more than likely meet the Big East or ACC champ in the Sugar Bowl...although they deserve to play for the national championship...

smile.gif

Archived