#41 NeilPeartFan2112

NeilPeartFan2112

The Analog Kid - Neil's Youngest Protégé

• Members *
  • 11677 posts
  • Interests:Music, drums, collecting

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 31 2004, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Oct 31 2004, 10:39 AM)
I'm probably the only one here, but I'm a Cleveland Browns fan  1022.gif

waffen093.gif

So I take it you're a PITSPUKE fan?  STEELERS SUCK!  yes.gif  

Sponsored Post

#42 war2112

war2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1091 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, handloading ammo, rocketry, reading, bicycling, and of course, RUSH.

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 13 2004, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 31 2004, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Oct 31 2004, 10:39 AM)
I'm probably the only one here, but I'm a Cleveland Browns fan  1022.gif

waffen093.gif

So I take it you're a PITSPUKE fan?  STEELERS SUCK!  yes.gif

The steelers are doing quite well, though. I know that's gotta be painful for a browns fan wink.gif That's an awesome rivalry. I always try to catch Steelers-Browns games.

#43 NeilPeartFan2112

NeilPeartFan2112

The Analog Kid - Neil's Youngest Protégé

• Members *
  • 11677 posts
  • Interests:Music, drums, collecting

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:05 AM

I'm going tomorrow!  GO BROWNIES!!!  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  

#44 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 13 2004, 12:22 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 12 2004, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 12 2004, 07:57 PM)
Could someone please donate a defense to my local charity, otherwise known as the Colts. Sheesh. I can hardly watch them play, anymore. That's O.K. When the season's over and they've been beat yet again in the playoffs, management is going to have to beef up the defense.

They were supposed to do that this year!

Yeah, I know. And the year before, for that matter. The only reason they rank 16th against the run is because every opponent knows they can just shred the Colts secondary, which you're probably aware is ranked dead last!  mad.gif

The interesting part is that Coach Dungy is a defensive genius...just a matter of getting right players and getting them to take up his system...give them time...your'e doing way better than my niners!  laugh.gif  All of our best players on defense are hurt and that explains our 1-7 record... sad.gif  mad.gif  062802puke_prv.gif and we got one win only because we beat cardinals....

#45 war2112

war2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1091 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, handloading ammo, rocketry, reading, bicycling, and of course, RUSH.

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 13 2004, 02:55 AM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 13 2004, 12:22 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 12 2004, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 12 2004, 07:57 PM)
Could someone please donate a defense to my local charity, otherwise known as the Colts. Sheesh. I can hardly watch them play, anymore. That's O.K. When the season's over and they've been beat yet again in the playoffs, management is going to have to beef up the defense.

They were supposed to do that this year!

Yeah, I know. And the year before, for that matter. The only reason they rank 16th against the run is because every opponent knows they can just shred the Colts secondary, which you're probably aware is ranked dead last!  mad.gif

The interesting part is that Coach Dungy is a defensive genius...just a matter of getting right players and getting them to take up his system...give them time...your'e doing way better than my niners!  laugh.gif  All of our best players on defense are hurt and that explains our 1-7 record... sad.gif  mad.gif  062802puke_prv.gif and we got one win only because we beat cardinals....

Yes, I like Coach Dungy's Cover-2 scheme. But in the off-season and come draft day they better be focused solely on defensive acquisitions. It's not like the offense needs any help biggrin.gif . Yeah, you niners fans have had a tough year, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.  

#46 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:47 AM

Maybe I should start my own lonely little college football thread...

But, until then, I shall brag quite unselfconsciously about my team, the Auburn Tigers (#3 in the nation, with a record of 10-0), who thrashed the #5 Georgia Bulldogs yesterday, 24-6.  Auburn deserves to be #2 (just ask ESPN's College Gameday staff smile.gif) and play USC for the national title.

But, the BCS system may well leave them out in the cold, and that AIN'T fair (forgive my lapse into Alabama talk).

A quote from sports writer Troy Johnson in the Macon Telegraph (http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/10177380.htm):

If Auburn beats Alabama next week and defeats Tennessee in the SEC championship, it would be a travesty if the Tigers didn't get to play for the national championship.

"It's a special team," [Auburn head coach] Tuberville said. "The 1972 team was called 'The Amazin's.' I don't know what we'll name this group, but they're going to have to be called something."

Don't be surprised if they're simply called "Champions" the day after the Orange Bowl.

cheer.gif  Thanks for letting a southern gal indulge her love of the game. smile.gif

#47 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34363 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 14 2004, 11:47 AM)
Auburn deserves to be #2 (just ask ESPN's College Gameday staff smile.gif) and play USC for the national title.

But, the BCS system may well leave them out in the cold, and that AIN'T fair.

BCS stands for Bullshit College System. It is such a bogus way of ranking the teams.

#48 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 14 2004, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 14 2004, 11:47 AM)
Auburn deserves to be #2 (just ask ESPN's College Gameday staff smile.gif) and play USC for the national title.

But, the BCS system may well leave them out in the cold, and that AIN'T fair.

BCS stands for Bullshit College System. It is such a bogus way of ranking the teams.

I totally agree...they need a playoff system...the reason they don't is because of the bowl games being so lucrative...the greedy bastards!  Why don't they just set up a playoff system and use each bowl game to represent each playoff game??  Or at the least use 2 major bowl games and match the top 4 teams in a semi-final matchup and then have national championship game a week later(using another major bowl game)?  The system now is so bogus

Edited by Test4VitalSigns, 15 November 2004 - 04:24 AM.

#49 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:34 PM

Auburn is 11-0!  Great season...they'll be playing Tennessee in the SEC Championship game in two weeks.  Hopefully they'll win, but will more than likely meet the Big East or ACC champ in the Sugar Bowl...although they deserve to play for the national championship...

smile.gif

#50 The Necromancer

The Necromancer

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:40 PM

Football is the best sport in the world. It's awsome to watch and play and Vick and McNabb suck. BUFFALO BILLS

upyours.gif I'm Out

#51 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 22 2004, 05:34 PM)
Auburn is 11-0!  Great season...they'll be playing Tennessee in the SEC Championship game in two weeks.  Hopefully they'll win, but will more than likely meet the Big East or ACC champ in the Sugar Bowl...although they deserve to play for the national championship...

smile.gif

Hey GG they still have a chance to play for the Big Prize!  Just have to pray either USC lose to Notre Dame or hope Oklahoma loses their Big 12 championship gamee (though I highly doubt it)..also USC has to play ULCA next week as well...Hey it's college football and the BCS standings are very close...anything could happen!  You're right Auburn's got a great team and deserve a shot at the Big Prize!

Edited by Test4VitalSigns, 22 November 2004 - 11:55 PM.

#52 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 22 2004, 10:54 PM)
Auburn is 11-0!  Great season...they'll be playing Tennessee in the SEC Championship game in two weeks.  Hopefully they'll win, but will more than likely meet the Big East or ACC champ in the Sugar Bowl...although they deserve to play for the national championship...

smile.gif

Hey GG they still have a chance to play for the Big Prize!  Just have to pray either USC lose to Notre Dame or hope Oklahoma loses their Big 12 championship gamee (though I highly doubt it)..also USC has to play ULCA next week as well...Hey it's college football and the BCS standings are very close...anything could happen!  You're right Auburn's got a great team and deserve a shot at the Big Prize!

Thanks for the good karma, Test!

smile.gif

#53 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 23 2004, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 22 2004, 10:54 PM)

smile.gif

Thanks for the good karma, Test!

smile.gif

You're quite welcome GG trink39.gif GO TIGERS!!

#54 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:31 PM

SEC Championship game, this Saturday, Atlanta, Georgia - Auburn vs. Tennessee

WAR EAGLE!!!

#55 The Notorious B.S.G.

The Notorious B.S.G.

<harumph>

• Members *
  • 3139 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 2 2004, 04:31 PM)

WAR EAGLE!!!

Perfect season. SEC Champs. Beat 4 teams who won at least 9 games. Won big road games in the toughest conference in the country.

It just ain't fair, is it, GG?  no.gif

I'll cry in my coffee for ya, and your Tigers. I always admired their program "up there".

#56 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 5 2004, 10:58 PM)

WAR EAGLE!!!

Perfect season. SEC Champs. Beat 4 teams who won at least 9 games. Won big road games in the toughest conference in the country.

I'll cry in my coffee for ya, and your Tigers. I always admired their program "up there".

No fair is right.....BCS is a load of rice!   The thing is all 3 teams deserve to play for the championship....just another year that proves a playoff system is needed

#57 The Notorious B.S.G.

The Notorious B.S.G.

<harumph>

• Members *
  • 3139 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 6 2004, 01:07 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 5 2004, 10:58 PM)

WAR EAGLE!!!

No fair is right.....BCS is a load of rice!   The thing is all 3 teams deserve to play for the championship....just another year that proves a playoff system is needed

Hmm.......? A three-team football game......... I wonder if it could be done?(pondering)   icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Actually, I think it's time for a playoff system. Just stop the hypocrisy about griping over athletes missing a few more classes and institute some sort of playoff.

Edited by GhostGirl, 07 December 2004 - 03:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users