Budgie

MMCXII

holy f**k I love this band!!

heard about them a while ago on the boneyard but just started listening to their stuff. WOW, these guys rock!! killer grooves! kinda remind me of rush in that it's a three-piece and the singer kinda has a unique voice.

anyone else love this extremely underrated band from the 70's??

also heard they opened for Ozzy on his blizzard of ozz tour! GOD if there was ever a need for a time machine 1022.gif 1022.gif

Fantastic band. If I were old enough to be in the know about music back then, I would have ahad a heyday with all the heavy/hard rock/metal bands from the beginning of the '70's. This is one of them.

Squawk rocks! 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 6 2009, 03:42 AM)
I've written about this band on here in the past. Even compared a Budgie song title to "Bytor."

This is a great band. I have all of their stuff.

ROCK ON!

yeah I saw that post... you left something out though. both albums featured a bird on the cover if I'm not mistaken... wink.gif

gotta bump the budgie thread to declare that they're my new favorite band!! marking the first time I've strayed from Rush since my jethro tull phase in the early 90's 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

totally addicted to breadfan and sky high percentage!

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 21 2009, 10:29 PM)
gotta bump the budgie thread to declare that they're my new favorite band!! marking the first time I've strayed from Rush since my jethro tull phase in the early 90's 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

totally addicted to breadfan and sky high percentage!

I'm actually listening to Jetro tull right now, lol. And i like me some Budgie!!! I like their song Breadfan!!! I'm gonna listen to it right now!

Metallica has made them a nice chunk of change

I've rediscovered Budgie a few weeks ago and that's why I bring this thread to life again.

Their 70's stuff is outstanding and knocks me out of the socks at the moment. There's not one single day that I didn't play at least one of their albums. Finest Welsh power rock! :haz: After years of hardly ignoring them without even knowing why, I finally found a new, old love. The Budgie flies again. :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m19QM9_efag

• Like 6

I've rediscovered Budgie a few weeks ago and that's why I bring this thread to life again.

Their 70's stuff is outstanding and knocks me out of the socks at the moment. There's not one single day that I didn't play at least one of their albums. Finest Welsh power rock! :haz: After years of hardly ignoring them without even knowing why, I finally found a new, old love. The Budgie flies again. :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m19QM9_efag

I have In For The Kill, Bandolier, Impeckable and If I Were In Britannia I'd Wave The Rules on vinyl. I bought them in the mid to late 70's and used to listen to them all the time. I bought them being a Rush fan already then for obvious reasons. I used to listen to them alot but haven't heard any of the records in 30 plus years. So sad on me. I have no place anymore to play my old and wonderful vinyl.... :rage: :(

Another reason I love this forum so much. You guys never fail to bring back wonderful memories for me... Thanks gents for that.... :cheers:

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 3

I think you need a gents room with a record player, where you can relive the memories. :cheers: Just listening to this one here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01QuYQ8eLc

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 1

I have In For The Kill, Bandolier, Impeckable and If I Were Britannia I'd Wave The Rules on vinyl.

Then I hardly recommend the 1973 release Never Turn Your Back On A Friend to you. You'll love it, I promise. :madra:

• Like 1

Budgie is a brilliant band. One of my faves actually. Never made a bad album. It's a shame Metallica fed up those cover songs. The originals rule.

The best thing about the Metallica covers is that they helped me convince my band that we should learn Breadfan.

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 2

The Budgie thread lives again! I'm smiling now :)

Let's boogie down with this groovy vid..

• Like 2