Rivendell vs Madrigal vs Panacea

Rushman14

pick your fav without nodding off...  

52 members have voted

1. 1. pick your fav without nodding off...

• Rivendell
    • Madrigal
    • Panacea
    • I'm too sleepy to decide

Although COS is my favorite album of all time I had to go with Rivnedell.

The imagery it evokes is just absolutely magickal and ethereal. You really feel like you're there and I'm not bullshitting.

It could’ve been an actual scene in LOTR- Geddy as a hobbit around a campfire...

• Like 1

Easily Madrigal. Perfect song for the role it plays on the record, with a great lyric too. Actually one of the few examples of a Rush "love song." Panacea is one as well, but it's made a bit more Rushy by being a scene in larger story rather than a standalone song topic. Anyway Madrigal's my fav, followed by Panacea then Rivendell (b/c Rivendell is just pretty...and that's all it is).
  • Like 1

Alex singled out Panacea not long ago in an interview as one of his picks for worst Rush songs along with Tai Shan. Its actually been one of my favs from that suite.

The thing about Rivendell I don't care for isn't even the song itself, its how low it is volume-wise. I practically have to max out my cars speakers just to hear it properly

Although COS is my favorite album of all time I had to go with Rivnedell.

The imagery it evokes is just absolutely magickal and ethereal. You really feel like you're there and I'm not bullshitting.

It could’ve been an actual scene in LOTR- Geddy as a hobbit around a campfire...

Yes!

COS = the band on the road. Evading responsibility and hooking up with Panaceas they’d marry if they lived in the same town. The necromancer (the lure of home life in a suburban trap) nipping at their heals...

Bastille Day - summertime. A Declaration of Independence from the adult world of responsibility- time to hit the road instead and live a DREAM.

One of the beat albums in rock music.

I've liked all three of them. With, on, and in for this poll, the song "Tears" should've been included in it. With all of Rush's ballads, have a voting poll of them. I felt I needed to have voted for "Panacea". Edited by Derek19

Alex singled out Panacea not long ago in an interview as one of his picks for worst Rush songs along with Tai Shan. Its actually been one of my favs from that suite.

Mine too. I think Panacea is a beautiful song.

Listening right now...

The melodies, the guitar swells, the vocals, the atmosphere...

:heart: