Question about Retrospective I & II

Jag2112

Hey All,

I'm trying to complete some album information for my site (see link below) regarding the billboard charting of each album.

I have information on every Rush album available with the exception of Retrospective I & II.

Does anyone know where these two albums peaked on the BB top 200 chart?

I can't seem to get any information on Billboard.com so I was wondering if anyone else knew a source I could go to.

Many thanks.

John

Well, I got the answer... somewhat depressing, too.

Both RI and RII sold so poorly in their intial week that they didn't break the top 200 billboard chart...

The only 'Rush' offerings ever not to chart...

A shame...

-John

You know, that really doesn't surprise me. I mean think about it: I consider myself as having a complete collection, but I do not own any of the Retrospectives and the only reason I own the recent "Spirit of Radio: Greatest Hits" is because of the included DVD. I just didn't see a need to buy these discs when I already own every track that was on them. Now, if they included one or two new tracks like many artists these days do on "Hits' packages, I'd scarf it up in a second.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 21 2005, 02:07 PM)
You know, that really doesn't surprise me. I mean think about it: I consider myself as having a complete collection, but I do not own any of the Retrospectives and the only reason I own the recent "Spirit of Radio: Greatest Hits" is because of the included DVD. I just didn't see a need to buy these discs when I already own every track that was on them. Now, if they included one or two new tracks like many artists these days do on "Hits' packages, I'd scarf it up in a second.

Really? What is the bonus DVD of?

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 21 2005, 06:38 PM)

It's got some old "music video" type clips that I believe can be found on the Chronicles DVD

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Mar 21 2005, 01:55 PM)

Both RI and RII sold so poorly in their intial week that they didn't break the top 200 billboard chart...

A shame...

-John

Jag2112,

As a cross reference, how many and which songs from Retrospective I & II did chart? (I know it's you're site, just an idea.) confused13.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 21 2005, 03:30 PM)
These compilations were just oppurtunities for Rush's old record company to score cash off the older material.

Exactly.

I too own all of the studio and live releases and therefore see no reason to own the compilations.

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Mar 21 2005, 01:55 PM)

A shame...

-John

That's because everyone bought a lot of copies of Chronicles, I think.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 21 2005, 06:06 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 21 2005, 03:30 PM)
These compilations were just oppurtunities for Rush's old record company to score cash off the older material.

Exactly.

I too own all of the studio and live releases and therefore see no reason to own the compilations.

While searching around a used CD store, I found them both for $5.00 each so I picked them up. I would not buy them new though. I only bought them just to have. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 21 2005, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 21 2005, 06:38 PM)

It's got some old "music video" type clips that I believe can be found on the Chronicles DVD

Oh I love that DVD (Chronicles) its' AWESOME!! -the youth, the energy, the funny haircuts smile.gif and wardrobe laugh.gif

Archived