"Creatures Of The Night" Poll For Puppetking!

RUSHHEAD666

Which Album Of "Creatures Of The Night" Do You Like Better?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Of "Creatures Of The Night" Do You Like Better?

• Original Kiss Kover With Make Up
    • Reprint Kiss Kover Without Make Up
    • Neither, I Hate That Krappy Kiss Record

I think "Creatures Of The Night" is one hell of a heavy KISS album.

Would you agree?

It always tripped me out that Mercury Records changed the album cover.

Was it because of the transition between "Creatures" and "Lick It Up?"

Did the record company think that they could sell more units with the "unmasked" cover?

Please advise.

I'm sticking with the original cover.

Also speaking about "Creatures" aren't there two different mixes?

I think the remastered version of this album contains heavier drumming and more bass.

True or False?

Love,

"WAR MACHINE" 1022.gif

I like the original cover because it has Ace on it, though he's nowhere to be found on the album because he wrecked his DeLorian.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Dec 1 2009, 08:08 PM)
I like the original cover because it has Ace on it, though he's nowhere to be found on the album because he wrecked his DeLorian.

Paul's vocals shine on that song! I didn't know that Ace crashed his car. Figures.

Yeah, that's why he left. They were supposed to tour but Ace was in the hospital. I remember buying my tickets for that show based on a pink section ad with Ace on it (essentially the Creatures cover). Then I show up at the show and there's some guy with a golden Ankh on his face instead. F***ing with my head man!

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Dec 1 2009, 09:17 PM)
Yeah, that's why he left. They were supposed to tour but Ace was in the hospital. I remember buying my tickets for that show based on a pink section ad with Ace on it (essentially the Creatures cover). Then I show up at the show and there's some guy with a golden Ankh on his face instead. F***ing with my head man!

Cool dude! You learn something new every day! Glad this is a temporary KISS Forum this month!

I thought Ace was kicked out of the band for drugs and booze! I didn't realize he missed the tour due to a car accident. Bummer!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 1 2009, 09:19 PM)
Definitely one of my fav KISS albums....of course it should be with the makeup on as it was recorded before the whole Lick It Up Unmasking.

Speaking of "Unmasking" I must say that I really do like the "Unmasked" album as well. As usual Ace's songs always stand out. "Talk To Me." is excellent. I dig the record as a whole though!

Love Always,

"Shandi"

I like Unmasked, despite it's watered down pop style. I also like the Elder.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Dec 1 2009, 11:45 PM)
I like Unmasked, despite it's watered down pop style. I also like the Elder.

Yes bud! It is total rock POP but it's so melodic and sweet! I love "Unmasked!"

"The Elder" is a prog pop MASTERPIECE!

I listened to that album twice in two days last week.

I saw KISS two Sundays ago and I am still flying high from that show!

Ususally I come out of a band obsession by now. Ironically when I get in a RUSH mode it could last a week or two. Now I have a serious KISS ISSUE!

Nothing wrong with that!

"I LOVE IT LOUD!"

Playing right now!! 1022.gif

Eric Carr's drumming is his best on "Creatures!" My ears might explode!

The first with make up . Let's bet the 2 that voted they hated it never listen to it yes.gif

I think Ace already left the band before Creatures was written and recorded. Vinnie Vincent wrote some of the songs on it. Ace appeared on the video for I Love It Loud for contractural obligations. And he was never fired. Paul and Gene never wanted him to leave--they knew he was too important for the KISS sound and image. As a matter of fact, they asked him back in the mid-late eighties, which he declined. I remember Gene referring to Ace as 'the missing piece of the puzzle'.

And BTW, Creatures is weak. The title track, I Love It Loud and War Machine are the only good songs on it. The Elder and Unmasked are far superior albums, IMO. Shear heaviness doesn't make it a better album.

Edited by GeddyLeeRoth

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Dec 2 2009, 10:53 PM)
I think Ace already left the band before Creatures was written and recorded. Vinnie Vincent wrote some of the songs on it. Ace appeared on the video for I Love It Loud for contractural obligations. And he was never fired. Paul and Gene never wanted him to leave--they knew he was too important for the KISS sound and image. As a matter of fact, they asked him back in the mid-late eighties, which he declined. I remember Gene referring to Ace as 'the missing piece of the puzzle'.

And BTW, Creatures is weak. The title track, I Love It Loud and War Machine are the only good songs on it. The Elder and Unmasked are far superior albums, IMO. Shear heaviness doesn't make it a better album.

I respect your honesty. But "ALL HELL'S BREAKING LOOSE!"

Love,

"LICK IT UP! cat.gif

Here's an oldie but goodie! I miss PUPPETKING!

I am cranking "CREATURES OF THE NIGHT" right now and it's EPIC HEAVY METAL!!

Let's face it!

KISS went disco with "Dynasty." Pop with "Unmasked." Prog cheese pop with "The Elder." By the way I love "The Elder."

But then something changed. Sort of like the band members!

The KISS guys put out "Creatures Of The Night." This is METAL!

The remaster cranked up Eric's heavy fuckking drumming. This album is a GEM!

Do you agree or not??

By the way the album cover in their make up is BEYOND BETTER!!!!

KISS FUKKING RULES!

Where is Presto????

Let's go! KISS IS STILL AWESOME WITH SINGER AND THAYER!!

I'M A REAL KISS FAN! I WILL ALWAYS SEE THEM!

I WILL ALWAYS BUY THEIR ALBUMS!!!!

Now that that is out of the way I must say that "I Still Love You" is simply Paul's best. I could cry.

It's so crazy guys. I mean I've been listening to "I Still Love You" for decades and the lyrics never phased me.

Well until now. Going through this shit with my wife is killing me. I still love her but she is done.

So when I heard this song tonight I had to turn it off.

I think I will print out the lyrics and put them on my wife's nightstand.

What an old thread.

Hope no one reads this sentimental shit.

KISS ARMY FOREVER!

It's late and I need some "Room Service." What a great song!

KISS is so amazing. I know a lot of people think they are weak song writers and pure commercial pop.

I could care less.

Rush opened up for THEM!

KISS ARMY!

FUKK RUSH!

Kidding......