Neil Peart's religious affiliation?

Guest Quigley_Moog

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ May 27 2005, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ May 22 2005, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ May 22 2005, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 21 2005, 08:29 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/jesus.gif

I don't think it's important what Neil believes.

What he brings as a musician and man is enough.

Spoken from a true Rush Fan no.gif

How would you know anyway? fing.gif

Dweez doesn't feel the need to prove it every day like some no.gif

Anyhoo you just have it in for her, save your nasty personal attacks for the politics forum! mad.gif

Hey huck!!

Maybe you should review some of her topics.

The need to prove what everyday huck? What is it?? Being a Rush fan on a Rush forum?

Anywho I do not have it in for her, again review some of her topics and or mine. Its the other way around pal.

She has it in for any member who mentions the christian faith, she even started topics to cause a reason to bad mouth any replies made by members standing up to their faith.

And your comment meaning how would I know anyway meaning about RUSH? Well huck, my cat knows more about RUSH than dweezle.

Why are you answering for her anywho?? She thinks kids being raped and killed is shit happening?

She can dish it out, but when it comes to the pivital point she needs huck??

Hey.

C'mon.

Give it a rest will you?

Don't drag politics in here and don't talk to my boyfriend like that.

You don't know me. And you never will. Get over it.

I'm a Rush fan whether you like it or not.

Doesn't mean I live and breathe their lyrics. And no one on this board has to prove they are a Rush fan.

As for your comment on what I post for photos or sigs or anything. Take a look around. There are others that have photos, sigs etc that aren't strictly Rush.

And in regards to the post topic, I didn't start it nor did I bash any religion. Read it again.

I said

"I don't think it's important what Neil believes.

What he brings as a musician and man is enough."

If that's offensive to you, too bad. It wasn't to anyone else and if you have a problem with the post, hit the f***ing report button.

Thanks for playing.

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ May 27 2005, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ May 22 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ May 22 2005, 06:58 AM)

Anyhoo you just have it in for her, save your nasty personal attacks for the politics forum! mad.gif

It's okay babe.

She don't know me.

Remember that JA song?

Obvious

you don't know me but

you just keep on looking at me down low. oh no!

digging something up

fing.gif fing.gif EXAMPLE:

She don't know me.

Remember that ja song?????????

HELLO RUSH FORUM HERE??????

Yeah like ja I don't know her, nor does she know anyone on the forum either to spew what ever comes to her mind.

In order not to get another strike --------------- I guess "I'm" not the village idiot here huck..........

Excuse me?

Since when is this forum Rush only?

The members can only post Rush and that's it?

Also, do not ever infer that either Huck or myself are idiots.

Thanks.

Last time I checked it doesn't say, "MUST BE A RUSH FAN TO JOIN THIS SITE." And since Dweez says she's a Rush fan, that's good enough. There are other bands in the world besides Rush, which means we can, on occasion, quote lyrics from those bands.

And yes, let's keep Politics conflicts inside Politics.

Kthxbye.

If Neil is an agnostic or even an atheist, then I guess I am too.

He has some tendencies please the most devoute have doubts. (show of being human)

Then I guess you believe Rush lived on lsd, cause there is another group of people who think every song written by Neil is about the drug.

The latest interview on rockline w/Geddy, but with Neil & Alex in the background were questioned about religion, you heard Neil laugh by reprimands by Geddy. Then underbreath saying that with age there has been some lightening up.

Rush who is ever changing ahead of their time even in this 21st century.

Oh 197? what? you base 2112 on anyone of the members on religious beliefs????

When its a known fact the major meaning is Pro-Capitalism?? Along with having the choice of freewill, the things we'd like to be, individuals battling against their fears and searching for new directions??

One comment that Neil had other than about drumming is his problem with peoples egoism about his lyrics only stating the seeker will unfold the enfolded with in the lyrics.

Label an avid reader with a broad mind who has the nobility not to spew his or any other member of Rush's views to their fans, like other bands who do so for the lack of musical genius but for the knowledge of being just popular.

Rush's lack of radio play is due to their ability of not producing songs that sound similar to the song that put them on the charts. for example like u2. Rush with each album/cd improve themselves not on purpose. They are the last Rock-n-Roll band.

Anyone who calls themselves a Rush fan due to Religion got the wrong message, those who are Rush fans who notice and enjoy each musical change RUSH ON!!!

It's safe to say that as Rush's music evolved, so did Neil Peart's lyrical themes and his own positions on life. For the same reason that it's impossible to classify Rush as a "hard rock band" or a "progressive rock band," etc., it's also virtually impossible to draw any clear-cut conlusion with regard to "Neil Peart's religious affiliation." It's fun to discuss it, sure, and there's nothing wrong with speculating or interpreting things in line with your own take on life; but it's a debate that will necessarily go in circles.

I would expect that within a period of 3 decades, one's attitudes would shift. Anyone who consistently maintains the same Weltanschauung for 30 years might be a very smart person who really did consider other alternatives and emerged from each round of self-questioning with a renewed and strengthened conviction in his position; but it's much more likely that a person whose view haven't wavered in 30 years is simply stubborn and afraid.

There's been an apparent tendency towards liberalism, in the broad sense of the word, in Neil Peart's lyrics. It's not a direction my search for truth has followed, and I feel especially distant from Neil since songs like "Totem" and much of Vapor Trails' seemingly occult imagery; but hey, that's what works best for the man; and I believe in his personal integrity enough that I can say it's not only what gives him comfort in life, but also what he believes represents the truth. And for that I respect him.

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 28 2005, 02:15 AM)
It's safe to say that as Rush's music evolved, so did Neil Peart's lyrical themes and his own positions on life. For the same reason that it's impossible to classify Rush as a "hard rock band" or a "progressive rock band," etc., it's also virtually impossible to draw any clear-cut conlusion with regard to "Neil Peart's religious affiliation." It's fun to discuss it, sure, and there's nothing wrong with speculating or interpreting things in line with your own take on life; but it's a debate that will necessarily go in circles.
I would expect that within a period of 3 decades, one's attitudes would shift. Anyone who consistently maintains the same Weltanschauung for 30 years might be a very smart person who really did consider other alternatives and emerged from each round of self-questioning with a renewed and strengthened conviction in his position; but it's much more likely that a person whose view haven't wavered in 30 years is simply stubborn and afraid.
There's been an apparent tendency towards liberalism, in the broad sense of the word, in Neil Peart's lyrics. It's not a direction my search for truth has followed, and I feel especially distant from Neil since songs like "Totem" and much of Vapor Trails' seemingly occult imagery; but hey, that's what works best for the man; and I believe in his personal integrity enough that I can say it's not only what gives him comfort in life, but also what he believes represents the truth. And for that I respect him.

goodpost.gif

What a mind....What a mind

You'll go far in this world Physics yes.gif

Like defrushfan said, why should we as fans even really care what his beliefs are? Doesn't he deserve his right to privacy as the rest of us do?

As long as he continues to make music that I like, I could care less if he devoted every song to Satan.

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ May 28 2005, 05:02 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 22 2005, 02:12 AM)
QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ May 22 2005, 01:32 AM)

Who are you to dtermine who is a 2.gif fan or not???? Everybody on this board is a fan or otherwise they wouldn't be here. That's just plain wrong to say that. mad.gif

Well if you breakdown all posts made or replied on this RUSH forum you would come to the same conclusion. Another being constantly confused to post replies using RUSH lyrics. And posting pics of another band were all other members post pics of RUSH.

So you've broken down all the posts dweez has made on this Forum unsure.gif What, all 6385 of them....If you want to be analytical I notice that you nearly always only post at weekends. Weekend Rush fan are you? How many posts have you made..mmm 340, Dweezil has 6385 posts and is the highest poster on this forum! I suppose non were Rush related then?

The original post dweez made on this thread was very relevant and not anti-religious at all, you probably went looking for it and just jumped in guns blazing.

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ May 28 2005, 05:30 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ May 22 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ May 22 2005, 06:58 AM)

It's okay babe.

She don't know me.

Remember that JA song?

Obvious

you don't know me but

you just keep on looking at me down low. oh no!

digging something up

fing.gif fing.gif EXAMPLE:

She don't know me.

Remember that ja song?????????

HELLO RUSH FORUM HERE??????

Yeah like ja I don't know her, nor does she know anyone on the forum either to spew what ever comes to her mind.

In order not to get another strike --------------- I guess "I'm" not the village idiot here huck..........

Oh there we go again, another personal attack, that's exactly what I was talking about . Like I said keep that in politics why don't you, not on the open forum.

dazed025.gif

"nor does she know anyone on the forum either" I beg to differ, but Dweez has a lot of friends on this forum who often pm her, or phone her up.

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ May 28 2005, 05:20 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ May 22 2005, 07:58 AM)

Hey huck!!

Maybe you should review some of her topics.

The need to prove what everyday huck? What is it?? Being a Rush fan on a Rush forum?

Anywho I do not have it in for her, again review some of her topics and or mine. Its the other way around pal.

She has it in for any member who mentions the christian faith, she even started topics to cause a reason to bad mouth any replies made by members standing up to their faith.

And your comment meaning how would I know anyway meaning about RUSH? Well huck, my cat knows more about RUSH than dweezle.

Why are you answering for her anywho?? She thinks kids being raped and killed is shit happening?

She can dish it out, but when it comes to the pivital point she needs huck??

Maybe I should review some of her topics laugh.gif I read and post in her topics all the time!

Maybe you should actually read them! Oh and by the way they are amongst the most popular topics on TRF!

You must have an intelligent cat then, dweez hates cats rofl3.gif

Just to put you finally straight , dweez and I are an item, I spent a week with her in early May and have seen her Rush collection.....it is very extensive! So you are wrong.

We also sat and watched RiR DVD, which she was very knowledgeable about.

Yes she can "dish it out" she did not call on me to defend her she fights her own battles...just your nasty personal attack was uncalled for in the context of the thread, so I felt obliged to post. Like I said keep your personal shit in politics.

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 28 2005, 08:08 AM)
Like defrushfan said, why should we as fans even really care what his beliefs are? Doesn't he deserve his right to privacy as the rest of us do?

As long as he continues to make music that I like, I could care less if he devoted every song to Satan.

Agree!!

I seem to remember a radio interview Neil did in the early '90's, it was his first interview in a number of years. I have the entire interview on tape and have listened to it several times through the years. During this interview, Neil doesn't really claim any religious affiliation, but he does use the word "agnostic" to be what he most identifies with.

Peace!

With being agnostic, you just dont think there is a god, they are not sure what to believe. They dont worship satin, or the like.

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ May 30 2005, 02:38 PM)
With being agnostic, you just dont think there is a god, they are not sure what to believe. They dont worship satin, or the like.

I myself have never worshipped satin. Nice fabric though.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 27 2005, 10:43 PM)
Last time I checked it doesn't say, "MUST BE A RUSH FAN TO JOIN THIS SITE." And since Dweez says she's a Rush fan, that's good enough. There are other bands in the world besides Rush, which means we can, on occasion, quote lyrics from those bands.

And yes, let's keep Politics conflicts inside Politics.

Kthxbye.

yep

Main Entry: fan

Function: noun

Etymology: probably short for fanatic

1 : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

2 : an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans>

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 2 2005, 01:50 AM)

Peronally speaking I have been a big Satin worshiper for quite a while now yes.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Jun 1 2005, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 2 2005, 01:50 AM)

Peronally speaking I have been a big Satin worshiper for quite a while now yes.gif

Interesting. yes.gif

I can see the possibilities........

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 1 2005, 07:50 PM)

You know Dweezil, i wish i COULD "SPEL" dazed025.gif . or type, or one of the two.

rofl3.gif

Its like everyone, here picks up my spelling mistakes. i feel very unloved. sad.gif Dont hate me because i cant spell sad.gif

QUOTE (Quigley_Moog @ Mar 20 2005, 04:29 PM)
What is his religious affiliation, if any? I have never heard him acknowledge a god of any sort. It seems like he may be agnostic or atheist.

On a work in progress neil mentions his atheistic veiw on the term God is in the making... I think that was the saying... my copy was ripped off last year cant remember... but he does dicuss it a bit....

Drumdragon

Archived