I don't get why you all find Geddy hot.

Herbie the Rad Dorklift

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Nov 17 2009, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (Herbie the Rad Dorklift @ Nov 17 2009, 12:38 PM)
Nothin' wrong with being skinneh cool.gif

Not at all, although I will admit that a man's hotness factor decreases the skinnier he is. Just my thing I guess! Slim and slender (and long hair!) just don't do it for me.

You summed up most of my crushes better then I've ever been able to. laugh.gif

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 18 2009, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 18 2009, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (VarianStar @ Nov 17 2009, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (Herbie the Rad Dorklift @ Nov 17 2009, 11:27 AM)
Is it the long hair? Glasses (older Geddy obviously), little bit of facial hair (again older Geddy), musical ability? Skinny rockstar frame?

Hmm, sounds familiar  cool.gif

Haha!

But seriously?

I don't get it either. Alex is clearly the hottest of the three, not to mention the most gorgeous man alive. It's okay though, the more people into Geddy the better chances Janie and I have of getting Big Al!

I think Geddy is cute. He has definitely become better looking. Sorry but 70s Geddy does nothing for me.

VS is right though, Alex is a major hottie. He's the most gorgeous man ever.

This from the woman who spent most of her pregnancy hanging out in the Geddy is hot thread biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

Janie!!!!!

QUOTE (yaoi_myantidrug @ Nov 18 2009, 03:07 PM)

Not at all, although I will admit that a man's hotness factor decreases the skinnier he is. Just my thing I guess! Slim and slender (and long hair!) just don't do it for me.

You summed up most of my crushes better then I've ever been able to. laugh.gif

laugh.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Nov 18 2009, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (yaoi_myantidrug @ Nov 18 2009, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Nov 18 2009, 06:57 AM)
I don't get those who don't get it.. tongue.gif

Just kidding biggrin.gif

laugh.gif trink39.gif

sorry Fishy tongue.gif

S'okay...I guess it's a mystery that'll never be solved for me.. tongue.gif tongue.gif

Oh, that's just another opinion, like the first one trink39.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 17 2009, 06:37 PM)
Seriously? It's the whole package. Would I see him on the street and fall over him if "Geddy" didn't exist? Probably not. The coolness, rockstar factor combined with just being a seemingly good guy? I'm all eyes.

But if you, say, shared an office with him, I'm sure you'd find yourself being a bit...... distracted from time to time. biggrin.gif

I know I would. b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 18 2009, 10:06 AM)

They do nothing for me too. I've never found skinny guys attractive. It's weird in bed. I like beefier guys.

Agree 100%

Alex is hot! yes.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 18 2009, 11:36 AM)
Is it the long hair? Glasses (older Geddy obviously), little bit of facial hair (again older Geddy), musical ability? Skinny rockstar frame?

Haha!

But seriously?

I don't get it either. Alex is clearly the hottest of the three, not to mention the most gorgeous man alive. It's okay though, the more people into Geddy the better chances Janie and I have of getting Big Al!

I think Geddy is cute. He has definitely become better looking. Sorry but 70s Geddy does nothing for me.

This from the woman who spent most of her pregnancy hanging out in the Geddy is hot thread biggrin.gif

confused13.gif

You had mentioned this somewhere else and I thought maybe you had confused me with Jaye. I occasionally peruse the Geddy thread but would never say I spend more time in there than the Alex thread. It's probably like 95% Alex, 5% Geddy. That's how I'd say I split my thread time.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 18 2009, 10:07 PM)

Haha!

But seriously?

confused13.gif

You had mentioned this somewhere else and I thought maybe you had confused me with Jaye. I occasionally peruse the Geddy thread but would never say I spend more time in there than the Alex thread. It's probably like 95% Alex, 5% Geddy. That's how I'd say I split my thread time.

Why do people get us confused? tongue.gif

I was in Chat not long ago, and I can't remember who it was now, but someone asked me how Connor was doing! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Nov 18 2009, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 18 2009, 10:07 PM)

Haha!

But seriously?

confused13.gif

Why do people get us confused? tongue.gif

I was in Chat not long ago, and I can't remember who it was now, but someone asked me how Connor was doing! laugh.gif

"I don't know. I'll ask Janie."

laugh.gif

Alas Herbie, you're not the only man on this forum to make such an observation. I don't get it either.

For me, I got into Rush in the VERY early 80's. You could barely see any women at all at a Rush concert, and I didn't even know they had a strong contingent of female fans until I joined TRF. People viewing Geddy Lee (the prototypical nerdy musician) as "hot" is still almost beyond my comprehension.

But just try selling it to these people - they ain't buying it. no.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 19 2009, 09:25 AM)
Alas Herbie, you're not the only man on this forum to make such an observation.  I don't get it either.

For me, I got into Rush in the VERY early 80's.  You could barely see any women at all at a Rush concert, and I didn't even know they had a strong contingent of female fans until I joined TRF.  People viewing Geddy Lee (the prototypical nerdy musician) as "hot" is still almost beyond my comprehension.

But just try selling it to these people - they ain't buying it. no.gif  unsure.gif

The thing you guys don't understand is that for women, "hot" is a lot more than just what's on the surface. Guys tend to judge "hot" or "not hot" based almost entirely on physical attributes. Women tend to be attracted to many things other than simple good looks or fit bodies. Women are often attracted to intangibles such as personality, energy, facial expressions, talents, the way someone moves, etc.

Playing music does for some reason have the effect of making otherwise unremarkable (or even physically unattractive) men sexy. Tom Petty once remarked that "what makes rock'n'rollers [is that] the ugly guys can't get any chicks any other way." He may have been joking, but he wasn't far off. The creative and emotional energy that goes into making music goes a long way towards "hot."

Geddy specifically, aside from being tremendously talented, also comes across as a genuinely decent guy who doesn't take himself too seriously and has a real zest for living. Those are very attractive attributes. Then also he's a huge flirt, in a very good-natured way, at least if you're a woman close to the stage at a Rush gig. I won't soon forget that experience! drool1.gif

You guys will never understand it, but that doesn't make it not true. The man is HOT.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 19 2009, 09:28 AM)
Alas Herbie, you're not the only man on this forum to make such an observation.  I don't get it either.

For me, I got into Rush in the VERY early 80's.  You could barely see any women at all at a Rush concert, and I didn't even know they had a strong contingent of female fans until I joined TRF.  People viewing Geddy Lee (the prototypical nerdy musician) as "hot" is still almost beyond my comprehension.

But just try selling it to these people - they ain't buying it. no.gif  unsure.gif

The thing you guys don't understand is that for women, "hot" is a lot more than just what's on the surface. Guys tend to judge "hot" or "not hot" based almost entirely on physical attributes. Women tend to be attracted to many things other than simple good looks or fit bodies. Women are often attracted to intangibles such as personality, energy, facial expressions, talents, the way someone moves, etc.

Playing music does for some reason have the effect of making otherwise unremarkable (or even physically unattractive) men sexy. Tom Petty once remarked that "what makes rock'n'rollers [is that] the ugly guys can't get any chicks any other way." He may have been joking, but he wasn't far off. The creative and emotional energy that goes into making music goes a long way towards "hot."

Geddy specifically, aside from being tremendously talented, also comes across as a genuinely decent guy who doesn't take himself too seriously and has a real zest for living. Those are very attractive attributes. Then also he's a huge flirt, in a very good-natured way, at least if you're a woman close to the stage at a Rush gig. I won't soon forget that experience! drool1.gif

You guys will never understand it, but that doesn't make it not true. The man is HOT.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 19 2009, 03:28 PM)

All that, and he has really nice hands. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 18 2009, 03:07 PM)

Haha!

But seriously?

confused13.gif

I was thinking of these comments from you about Ged

Janie

Posted: Mar 9 2009, 08:40 AM

Report Post Quote Post

Rush Caption Queen

Group: Members *

Member No.: 6,563

Local Time: 11:29 am

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Mar 9 2009, 04:02 AM)

user posted image

He's cute. He is. I give up! This Alex fangirl is admitting that Geddy is cute.

Janie

Posted: Mar 10 2009, 12:06 PM

Report Post Quote Post

Rush Caption Queen

Local Time: 11:34 am

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 10 2009, 11:20 AM)

Pics from a recent interview

user posted image

What is he wearing? Because I love it! Yes, get away from those rocker geezer zipper sweaters Geddy. tongue.gif I am way digging that funky checkered vest.

I'm sort of spending a lot of time in the Geddy-is-hot thread these days.

Janie

Posted: Mar 5 2009, 12:46 PM

Report Post Quote Post

Rush Caption Queen

Local Time: 11:36 am

QUOTE (rhyv @ Mar 5 2009, 11:23 AM)

QUOTE (Traci Tailz @ Mar 2 2009, 07:22 PM)

If I may introduce myself...my name's Traci and I'm a Geddy (and sometimes Alex) addict. Hopefully this will be a worthwhile first post. Love you ladies! Geddy is a gorgeous, gorgeous creature. xo

user posted image

1022.gif

bekloppt.gif

Welcome aboard. trink39.gif

Thanks for the pic. applaudit.gif wink.gif

No one blab this over in the Alex thread but, I like this picture of Geddy.

Why can't there be a similar one of Alex? I want to see his bare chest!

Janie

Posted: Mar 6 2009, 08:16 AM

Report Post Quote Post

Rush Caption Queen

Local Time: 11:37 am

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Mar 5 2009, 04:35 PM)

bekloppt.gif My esteemed Geddy sisters..

user posted image

*sigh* That's enough to make me question my love of Alex. tongue.gif

Every now and then these fabulous pictures of Geddy comes by and I find myself staring a bit too long.

Alex is all-over sexy and Geddy's cute but Geddy has this demeanor about him. When you watch him in interviews, he seems really confident and relaxed and like he has a good sense of humor. I bet he's good. (Did I just say that! tongue.gif ) Yeah...

Janie

Posted: Mar 14 2009, 05:27 PM

Report Post Quote Post

Rush Caption Queen

Local Time: 11:41 am

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 14 2009, 12:26 PM)

user posted image

This shot of course I love!

I am clearly spending too much time over here again in the Geddy picture pages...

anie

Posted: Mar 14 2009, 05:28 PM

Report Post Quote Post

Rush Caption Queen

Local Time: 11:41 am

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 14 2009, 12:28 PM)

user posted image

I like this one too! DO NOT TELL THE OTHER ALEX FANGIRLS I WAS OVER HERE! tongue.gif