154 replies to this topic

#141 safetygirl2112

safetygirl2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Rush, reading, hiking, running, writing, loving Geddy Lee

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jul 12 2010, 12:51 PM)
besides

according to the BTLS film, Geddy has quite the impressive thing

user posted image

Hey, ghostie!! Leave that thing alone!!  z7shysterical.gif  z7shysterical.gif  

Sponsored Post

#142 PanaceaFish

PanaceaFish

Liquid Grace

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jul 12 2010, 01:51 PM)
besides

user posted image

"Hey Dirk...here's that thing you ordered..."

#143 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Walking, especially with my dog, Jake; hiking in beautiful natural places, exercising, getting together with friends, studying and reading about diverse cultures and languages, reading and writing poetry, watching dog shows, listening to my favorite bands, and ESPECIALLY, listening to Rush CD's and watching/working out to Rush DVD's.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Jul 12 2010, 05:58 PM)
besides

user posted image

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! wub.gif  wub.gif  laugh.gif  rofl3.gif  drool1.gif  drool1.gif What a NAUGHTY, LASCIVIOUS MAN he is!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif  ohmy.gif  drool1.gif  firedevil.gif  

#144 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Jul 12 2010, 05:58 PM)
besides

user posted image

"Can you turn that off while I use it?"

rofl3.gif  z7shysterical.gif  z7shysterical.gif  z7shysterical.gif

Ahem...ok, need to get those naughty thoughts out of my dirty little mind!  

Aww, to hell with it!  The dirtier the better!!   firedevil.gif  

#145 the masked drummer

the masked drummer

The Professor

• Members
  • 3219 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, 3-wheelers, boating, camping, snowmobiling, minibike riding, movies, video-games...

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

I'm a late-comer to this thread, but my response to original post:

1) women are less-visual, in general, than men. Besides, he's the baddest bassist in the world, so...

2) you're trying to understand women. big mistake. just accept them and the fact they think differently than we do.  wink.gif  

#146 Kugel

Kugel

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 19 2010, 11:38 AM)

1) women are less-visual, in general, than men. Besides, he's the baddest bassist in the world, so...

2) you're trying to understand women. big mistake. just accept them and the fact they think differently than we do.  wink.gif

Overall, you're full of crap.  I am a very spatial thinker and I know many other women like that.  We are indeed often socialized to be more about emotions and more adaptable; for example, it's easier to talk oneself into finding someone hot that one already likes, if one is female.  But I was raised by a second-wave feminist and have less of that socialization than average.  Also, the younger a female friend of mine is, the less likely she is to adhere to what you've described; because the expectations are flying out the window ever faster as society progresses.

#147 yaoi_myantidrug

yaoi_myantidrug

The Professor

• Members
  • 4330 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Kugel @ Sep 10 2010, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 19 2010, 11:38 AM)

2) you're trying to understand women. big mistake. just accept them and the fact they think differently than we do.  wink.gif

Overall, you're full of crap.  I am a very spatial thinker and I know many other women like that.  We are indeed often socialized to be more about emotions and more adaptable; for example, it's easier to talk oneself into finding someone hot that one already likes, if one is female.  But I was raised by a second-wave feminist and have less of that socialization than average.  Also, the younger a female friend of mine is, the less likely she is to adhere to what you've described; because the expectations are flying out the window ever faster as society progresses.

I think TMD has some good points.  I was raised female, and most girls confuse the hell out of me.  
So far, most of the girls I can understand also think girls are confusing laugh.gif

#148 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:57 PM

Watch that...watch how he moves those hips.  There's something about that guy that is just sexual!  wink.gif drool1.gif  

#149 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5295 posts
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 11 2010, 12:57 AM)

Watch that...watch how he moves those hips.  There's something about that guy that is just sexual!  wink.gif drool1.gif

ohmy.gif The YYZ Effect!!!!  laugh.gif  

#150 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 11 2010, 10:40 AM)

Watch that...watch how he moves those hips.  There's something about that guy that is just sexual!  wink.gif drool1.gif

Watching him move like that gives me an "effect" alright!   laugh.gif  drool1.gif  drool1.gif  drool1.gif  

#151 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5295 posts
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 11 2010, 12:16 PM)

Watch that...watch how he moves those hips.  There's something about that guy that is just sexual!  wink.gif drool1.gif

Watching him move like that gives me an "effect" alright!   laugh.gif  drool1.gif  drool1.gif  drool1.gif

I have noticed more than once that Geddy seems to especially enjoy playing YYZ!  laugh.gif  

#152 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 11 2010, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 11 2010, 12:16 PM)

I have noticed more than once that Geddy seems to especially enjoy playing YYZ!  laugh.gif

Oh man!!  GEDDY!  If you are reading this, I've got YYZ on repeat and a great bottle of burgundy!   laugh.gif  drool1.gif  drool1.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif    

#153 Kugel

Kugel

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 10 2010, 11:57 PM)

There's a freedom of movement in his middle regions that other straight guys don't generally have.  It's the same thing that makes him flit about so lightly, I think.  Maybe it has to do with the added maneuverability granted by his lowish center of gravity.  wink.gif

Actually, I'm Jewish born and raised, and my brother and uncles have a touch of that.  I believe straight Jewish men grow up with more emotion and affection being OK, and there's a balancing effect to that.  In my experience "our" straight men are closer to gay and bi men in emotional... I dunno about maturity, but awareness, certainly.  And that gives a person a different relationship with their physical self.

#154 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Kugel @ Sep 12 2010, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 10 2010, 11:57 PM)

There's a freedom of movement in his middle regions that other straight guys don't generally have.  It's the same thing that makes him flit about so lightly, I think.  Maybe it has to do with the added maneuverability granted by his lowish center of gravity.  wink.gif

Actually, I'm Jewish born and raised, and my brother and uncles have a touch of that.  I believe straight Jewish men grow up with more emotion and affection being OK, and there's a balancing effect to that.  In my experience "our" straight men are closer to gay and bi men in emotional... I dunno about maturity, but awareness, certainly.  And that gives a person a different relationship with their physical self.

Interesting insight, Kugel.  Having grown up in rural Idaho (read: Mormonville), the only time I ever had contact with someone of Jewish decent was my life-long friend Christian.  Her family moved to Idaho from New York when she was about 6, and her family did not practice, or even have strong "ethnic" Jewish ties.  We have a serious lack of culture here.  banghead.gif

But, I have always kinda gotten that vibe from Geddy.  That he's always been comfortable enough with himself that he didn't get hung up on all the "macho man" crap.  

Well, whatever it is that gives his hips that oh-so-tasty rhythm, I thank my Higher Power sincerely, for I quite enjoy it!  drool1.gif  wink.gif  

#155 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Walking, especially with my dog, Jake; hiking in beautiful natural places, exercising, getting together with friends, studying and reading about diverse cultures and languages, reading and writing poetry, watching dog shows, listening to my favorite bands, and ESPECIALLY, listening to Rush CD's and watching/working out to Rush DVD's.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:41 AM

Geddy is soulful, sincere, wonderfully sexy and charismatic.  He definitely has the physical and emotional characteristics that appeal to "Rush ladies" like me!!!!! wub.gif  firedevil.gif  yes.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  drool1.gif  drool1.gif  heart.gif  GEDDY = SENSUAL SEDUCTION!!!!!! wub.gif  firedevil.gif  drool1.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users