HaleStorm

Necromancer

I've heard "I Get Off" a few times on our radio station here. Cool song.
  • Like 1

They're just ending a tour with CHEVELLE, another of my faves. Really wish I could have caught that one when it was around here. My daughter won tickets to see them at a club around here a few months ago, but I didn't know who they were and she couldn't go anyway.

December 30th though, they're gonna be here. Can't wait. 1022.gif

Don't forget "Live" ! They are from York PA. and they kick ass as well. 1022.gif

I'll check it out.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 14 2009, 04:35 PM)
Generic radio rock.

" Lets gets a hot chik lead singer and we'll build up a fan base"

Yeah ill pass.

Ouch, harsh. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 15 2009, 08:25 PM)
Generic radio rock.

Yeah ill pass.

Oy vey. Another music snob on TRF? I can't believe it. ohmy.gif

no.gif

I like everything from AC/DC to Frank Zappa. This band is uninspiring, boring, cliche radio rock. Basically the same shit thats been spewing from the airwaves for the last decade. You posted a link to a band and i gave my opinion. No snobbery here.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 16 2009, 09:12 AM)
Generic radio rock.

Yeah ill pass.

no.gif

I like everything from AC/DC to Frank Zappa. This band is uninspiring, boring, cliche radio rock. Basically the same shit thats been spewing from the airwaves for the last decade. You posted a link to a band and i gave my opinion. No snobbery here.

Show me something that's original these days. Not only original, but GOOD. I doubt that there's anything new that isn't heavily influenced by something that came before it.

Am I arguing your point... not really, cuz you're mostly right. But find me something NEW that's not rehashed and still GOOD and I'll buy it. For now, I have to find the re-hashed generic shit that's good. I just can't listen to any more ACDC or Zappa or even 2.gif Just because something was good twenty, thirty years ago, doesn't mean I need to still listen to it. I get bored easily and it's rare that I even listen to anything "classic". Can't stand it.

So i'm left with finding gems in a mine of shit. Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, and now HaleStorm are just three that I can think of that I like right now. I guess I don't take music as serious as you. Or I just realize that it's all been done and there's just not much more that can knock me over and still be original.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 16 2009, 06:07 PM)
Generic radio rock.

Yeah ill pass.

no.gif

Show me something that's original these days. Not only original, but GOOD. I doubt that there's anything new that isn't heavily influenced by something that came before it.

Am I arguing your point... not really, cuz you're mostly right. But find me something NEW that's not rehashed and still GOOD and I'll buy it. For now, I have to find the re-hashed generic shit that's good. I just can't listen to any more ACDC or Zappa or even 2.gif Just because something was good twenty, thirty years ago, doesn't mean I need to still listen to it. I get bored easily and it's rare that I even listen to anything "classic". Can't stand it.

So i'm left with finding gems in a mine of shit. Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, and now HaleStorm are just three that I can think of that I like right now. I guess I don't take music as serious as you. Or I just realize that it's all been done and there's just not much more that can knock me over and still be original.

WELL SAID! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Generic radio rock.

Yeah ill pass.

no.gif

I understand what youre saying man. But the best stuff is not to be found on the radio. The bands you mentioned are sort of mainstream and safe for radio consumption. Lets take Slayer as an example. Back in the 80s, no way youd find them on the radio. Way to heavy and scary. Most of the music i listen to wont be played on the radio.

Check out these guys...they sound very thrash 80s , but sound fresh at the same time..

Also, Mastodon and Baroness are two newer bands that rock. Check em out dude.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 17 2009, 05:47 PM)
Generic radio rock.

Yeah ill pass.

no.gif

I understand what youre saying man. But the best stuff is not to be found on the radio. The bands you mentioned are sort of mainstream and safe for radio consumption. Lets take Slayer as an example. Back in the 80s, no way youd find them on the radio. Way to heavy and scary. Most of the music i listen to wont be played on the radio.

Check out these guys...they sound very thrash 80s , but sound fresh at the same time..

That vid was okay, nothing very original, but I jammed to it. I've heard Mastodon before and they don't move me much either. I'd go see them live though. Couldn't listen to it in the house for long.

Going to see Slayer, Megadeth and Testament in February. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 17 2009, 06:13 PM)
Generic radio rock.

Yeah ill pass.

no.gif

That vid was okay, nothing very original, but I jammed to it. I've heard Mastodon before and they don't move me much either. I'd go see them live though. Couldn't listen to it in the house for long.

Thats a killer lineup! Ive been hearing great things about the new Megedeth. And the last Testament album kicked ass. Im glad they brought back Skolnick. The man rips.

Have a good time and give us a review!

trink38.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 17 2009, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 17 2009, 06:13 PM)
Generic radio rock.

Yeah ill pass.

no.gif

Thats a killer lineup! Ive been hearing great things about the new Megedeth. And the last Testament album kicked ass. Im glad they brought back Skolnick. The man rips.

Have a good time and give us a review!

trink38.gif 1022.gif

tickets start at $10 for the megadeth/slayer gigs?? what a deal.

Both you guys need to check out BTBAM. cool10.gif

Mastodon = 1022.gif

I work for Atlantic Records as a volunteer promoter for Halestorm and Skillet. They send me promos and I visit record stores, malls, radio stations, etc. I think Halestorm would get little media coverage if they had an ugly lead singer. I consider Halestorm to be generic rock radio. The only thing that makes this band marketable is the lead signer. Otherwise, I would dump this band into a pile of other uninspiring rock radio artists.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 16 2009, 05:07 PM)
Generic radio rock.

Yeah ill pass.

no.gif

If you can find something more original than inventing your own instrument, let me know

Thought I would see if there was a thread about them before creating a new one.

I've had one or two people trying to convince me that this band are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I just find them bland, uninspired, generic radio rock..if they didn't have a good looking lead singer they would be nowhere.....they seem to do loads and loads of covers which doesn't surprise me really as their own songs are pish.

Anyone else want to chime in?

I can't stand them.

Honestly I love female fronted rock and metal but they have nothing special going on, swap the female for a male and you have nothing that other rock bands aren't already doing.

Paramore and Evanescence are much better US female fronted rock bands. Even In This Moment if you want something edgier.

They're not too bad.

Their first album is decent, their second one is a lot better but their newest wasn't that good. Got way too poppy on a lot of it. Yes, if they didn't have a nice looking female singer they wouldn't be popular. But they're not the first band to get noticed because they have that and they won't be the last. At least Lizzy Hale can sing.

• Like 1

One of my favorite bands! The first two albums and the cover EPs are great! Edited by Super25Smasher