RUSH of course

jays2112

2.gif My topic here or should I say question is. Why the hell is RUSH not in the Hall of FAme? I know they in Canadas but why not in U.s. I was recently on that sight and some of who did make do not even compare to the trio.Is there anything we all can do to get them there? wacko.gif Well anyone know anything about this topic Id love to hear it

Egh... Of COURSE no great legendary band is going to get into the hall of fame with THIS Generation... Disgusts me. mad.gif

You've got people who would even bother to make all these crap reality shows and "American Idols..." It's all gross garbage. There's nothing professional anymore. There's nothing that today's world can give to us that will stir as much emotion as "The Fountain of Lamneth..."

I can't believe anyone can get as rich as they do for rapping... Singing monotonously for 4 minutes?! Wouldn't you find that EXTREMELY ANNOYING?! And what is it about? Getting drunk and having sex??

Yes, lord, I'm prepared for another of "Noah's Floods."

QUOTE (JakeofThePlace @ Mar 19 2005, 11:58 PM)
RS like a snake in the grass will change that, even if we have to use a baseball bat and a chain.

Rat, though you gotta have fun. ph34r.gif

I'd like to have fun. Having fun would be easy if my band members weren't so immature.

unfortunately, noise is not fun.

I've signed! 653.gif

Why do i feel i am insulting the Boys if i sign confused13.gif They should be on there *end of*

But all the matters that we know 2.gif are the best yes.gif and 2.gif know they are the best yes.gif we don't need people who know naff all about the industry to tell us

i'm sorry if i sound a little harsh but i really can't be doing with all this sign this sign that

for something that don't really matter

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (mystic steve @ Mar 20 2005, 05:11 AM)
Why do i feel i am insulting the Boys if i sign  confused13.gif They should be on there *end of*

But all the matters that we know  2.gif are the best  yes.gif and  2.gif know they are the best  yes.gif we don't need people who know naff all about the industry to tell us

i'm sorry if i sound a little harsh but i really can't be doing with all this sign this sign that
for something that don't really matter

While that is all true, part of the reason for them to be in the Hall of Fame is to preserve their place in history for those who will come later. Within the next 30 years or so, the band will be no more (sacrilege I know, but time yields to no one). And while we will always be the fans who will be listening to the albums and introducing them to our children (even if they don't have any interest), it is important for the band's mark on the music industry to be preserved for all who are/will be fans or students of Rock n Roll.

Consider this; If you go to the baseball or football hall of fames, you are introduced to players you have no idea ever existed and learn of their impact on the sports they played. While we may remember some players who are not there, as we die, the memory of them is lost. Anybody not in the hall of fame becomes inconsequential.

I don't know about anybody else, but I certainly would not want to see Rush become inconsequential to music history.

Excellent point

Consider this; If you go to the baseball or football hall of fames, you are introduced to players you have no idea ever existed and learn of their impact on the sports they played. While we may remember some players who are not there, as we die, the memory of them is lost. Anybody not in the hall of fame becomes inconsequential.
trink39.gif trink39.gif

But do i need to tell people about the quality that is 2.gif

My conclusion to why Rush isn't in the Hall of Fame is because they are simply to GOOD for it. Rush kicks every other band's moon.gif .

I merged the two topics dealing with this issue into one.

Thank you, come again. biggrin.gif

This is one of those topics that seems to rear its ugly head every now or then (I think we trot it out when we can't think of anything else to discuss).

Personally, I'm not too fussed if Rush get into the Hall of Fame or not, mainly because if feels as if the band getting in there would be so ordinary. Right now, in my opinion, their position as of being one of the most sucessful bands not to be in there gives them a certain, elite postion. Not being American, I must admit I'm rather ignorant of the point and aims of the HoF - is it some kind of music industry slap on the back? If it is, I'm of the impression that its a rather hollow thing and the support of the fans is far more important than that of some industry journo/exec with his head so far up his arse he can't hear what music is anymore.

QUOTE (Arndrake Mar 20 @ 2005)
While that is all true, part of the reason for them to be in the Hall of Fame is to preserve their place in history for those who will come later. Within the next 30 years or so, the band will be no more (sacrilege I know, but time yields to no one). And while we will always be the fans who will be listening to the albums and introducing them to our children (even if they don't have any interest), it is important for the band's mark on the music industry to be preserved for all who are/will be fans or students of Rock n Roll

I can see where you're coming on with this but don't agree. Everyone I know who is into Rush was introduced to the band by someone else. I, in turn, have promoted the band to anyone who will listen (making compilation tapes, CDs, lending albums, wearing my Rush T-shirts on every conceivable occasion, etc). For some reason, Rush fans seem to have an almost evangelical fervour in promoting the band to others. So if word of mouth has always worked in the past, surely it will work in the future as long as we current Rush fans pass on this same fervour to the next generation (I'm certainly working on my son at the moment. If he doesn't exactly like Rush yet, and I think he may, he caertainly recognises them 50% of the time).

I am split on this topic. Living in Cleveland all of my life, I think it would be awesome to see Rush in the Rock Hall. On the other hand, I don't know if it would really mean anything. Even if they were inducted, I don't think it would do anything for the media. It seems they have always hated Rush, and they have always hated the media. All of the Rush fans on this forum and everywhere else know they are the best, and they will always be the best, and sometimes that's really all that matters. trink39.gif

I very strongley beleive 2.gif should have made it into the rock and roll hall of fame. In fact, I just watched the hall of fame show last night on tv, I can't even beleive U2 made it in. I mean Bono's voiceis so dull and boring and all their songs sound the same vocally. Rush is far more talented than most if not all of the bands in the hall of fame.

beathorse.gif (me and the hall of fame people)

My opinion probably doesn't mean anything to anyone but me, but I'll post it anyway.

Rush is a phenominol band. They have achieved what no other has. 30 plus years of greatness (and still counting), the best fans in all of music, let alone of rock 'n roll, a uniqueness that is unprecedented, you can not top that with any recognition!

Sure, they belong in the R&R HoF, and I believe they will be eventually, but what I have read over time regarding this is issue is that the bands that have preceeded them in the induction some how are seen as having something that Rush does not.

Oh contrair! Maybe these other bands feel they deserve this. I think Rush has created music and entertained on their own terms, always succeeding from their perspective. I feel they have everything they deserve, and more.

Look at all of us dedicated Rush fans, don't you think the band is proud of this huge fan base, against all odds, against all critics, we stand side by side with the greatest band there ever was, or ever will be!

The legacy is secure, regardless of any other recognition!!

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 20 2005, 09:18 PM)
My opinion probably doesn't mean anything to anyone but me, but I'll post it anyway.

Rush is a phenominol band. They have achieved what no other has. 30 plus years of greatness (and still counting), the best fans in all of music, let alone of rock 'n roll, a uniqueness that is unprecedented, you can not top that with any recognition!
Sure, they belong in the R&R HoF, and I believe they will be eventually, but what I have read over time regarding this is issue is that the bands that have preceeded them in the induction some how are seen as having something that Rush does not.
Oh contrair! Maybe these other bands feel they deserve this. I think Rush has created music and entertained on their own terms, always succeeding from their perspective. I feel they have everything they deserve, and more.

Look at all of us dedicated Rush fans, don't you think the band is proud of this huge fan base, against all odds, against all critics, we stand side by side with the greatest band there ever was, or ever will be!

The legacy is secure, regardless of any other recognition!!

goodpost.gif

Nice post. I couldn't agree more.

Archived