Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Owl

Probably the most anticipated game of all time is only 2 weeks away from release!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!

Ive been keeping up with all the interviews, mulitplayer videos...etc in anticipation for this release.... And I am syched and it seems that this game is going to blow both of its 2 predecessors (World @ War, and Modern Warfare 1) away!

The Spec Ops mode looks like co-operative heaven! It is seperate from the main story line... There is this one mission where one person is on the ground fighting and the other player is up in a AC-130 gunship in the sky covering the other players ass........ WOW.... Spec-Ops looks like a very cool addition to the Call of Duty franchise

The single player story picks up right from where the first one left off...You play a new recruit under the command of Cptn. "Soap" McTavish (the person you played as in the first game). I would imagine the legnth is the same as in the first game.

Then there is the online multiplayer.........which will play alot like the first game only the customizable factor has been kicked up to 11....... Kill Streaks, more options on perks and attachments (including a perk that allows multiple attachments), and even throwing knives instead of grenades........an improved spawn system, and (FINALLY) migrating hosts, so when the host gets pissed of that he's losing it does not end the game when he quits!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 3 editions of the game:

Standard Editon: Just the game by itself ($60)

Hardened Edition: The Game + Book of Game Artwork + Sleek metal box +a copy of Call of Duty 1 ($80)

Prestiege Edition: Hardened Edition + a pair of fully functioning Night Vision Goggles ($130)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got my copy (Hardened Edition) pre-ordered at gamestop and will be getting the game on a midnight release!

I am getting the ps3 version and probably will try to get through the story before I spend the next year playing nothing but the multiplayer!

Once again if you have a ps3/ are getting this game/ and play online add me as a friend...

my PSN id is : GRVrush2112

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna take this opportunity to say goodbye to TRF for the next couple of months, as I will be playing this game non-stop.

but seriously..... I just finished the campaign, it is about as long as the campaign in MW1, which was not long at all, but the cinematics and presentation make it sooooooooo epic. The story is great, and seeing familiar faces from the fist game makes me happy...the ending is great.

I have dabbed a bit into the multiplayer, but will become very familiar with it over the next few months......

BUY THIS GAME!

I'm going to have to wait for it as a Chrissy present from the wife. 6 weeks of fiddling with my thumbs waiting... waiting.... waiting.....

Actually I told her she may as well give me the game now rather than Christmas Day because I will probably disappear into the spare room with game in hand totally oblivious to the Christmas spirit.

The short campaign works for the MW games. I don't even play online and I feel like I got my money's worth with MW 1 and 2 because the experience is so epic. I'm gonna repeatedly play through this nonstop for a week. Edited by Storm Shadow

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Nov 13 2009, 12:58 AM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Nov 13 2009, 02:39 AM)
Just beat the solo campaign today.

And got the heartbeat monitor for my m41a? i think in online biggrin.gif

Limey... play with me sometime, I have a headset now yes.gif

I will, my dad just got back so now it's kinda hard for me just to sit in my room and play all day laugh.gif

And i can't go on headset at night, but for sure.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Nov 13 2009, 08:08 PM)
Anyone know what collecting all the intel items in solo campaign will do?

Bronze achievement

yes.gif

Sure I love the achievement/trophy concept but remember when games were cooler and collecting stuff actually unlocked something in the game itself? tongue.gif

Need help finding any?

Enemy Intel Location Guide

I still need to re-play through the campaign to get all the trophies (PS3 version of achievements)

The trophy system for the PS3 was messed up at launch, and was later fixed with a patch.... I just have not replayed the game with said patch.... so I dont have many trophies from the game yet.

I am loving the multiplayer and have racked up some good kill streaks....... I had a 28 Kills to 2 Deaths game earlier, and my highest streak is 27 so far..

I have not used the Nuke yet, I still need to unlock it, but I am eager to try and get it.