"I'm The King Of Rock, There Is None Higher!"

RUSHHEAD666

I never should have done it you SUCKER M.C.'s!

I just put on RUN DMC's classic record "KING OF ROCK."

Man this album brings back a ton of high school memories.

You talk about Pioneers. These three guys infused rock and rap together way before anyone else.

Smart.

I was lucky enough to get into the early rap scene when I was a young dude.

I was totally into the Sugar Hill Gang and Grandmaster Flash. My parents thought I was crazy blasting all of that old school rap in my bedroom as a "teen-ager with a little bit of gold and a pager." Whoops! That's NWA! I really like them too, after all I am "Easy E." LOL

You talk about "progressive?" Well RUN DMC is surely a "progressive" rap band.

I remember being a senior in high school when "Raising Hell" came out.

It was an album that changed my life.

My high school buddies and I were all addicted to this record.

One day we found out that RUN DMC, LL COOL J and WHODINI were playing in Oakland so we bought our tickets.

It was 1986.

We were all a little bit nervous going into the Dark Heart Of Oakland thinking that we were going to be the only white kids there but that was not the case once we arrived. It was a sea of black and white kids totally mixed together. It was an awesome sight to see.

The crossover between rockers and rappers was happening right in front of our young eyes.

Hell, the entire nation was going MTV Crazy for that "Walk This Way" video with Aerosmith.

I am willing to bet that the "Walk This Way" video is engrained inside everyone's brain on here.

Wait, this Forum does have a very young demographic too so I could be wrong yet again.

It doesn't matter at all how old you are.

All of you young kids who love RUSH should check out RUN DMC, but it wouldn't surprise me if most of you already have.

R.I.P. JAM MASTER JAY rose.gif

If you don't like RUN DMC then "YOU BE ILLIN'" 1022.gif

Run DMC is awesome and great. I've got a hits compilation, but it's truly a great listen. I'll be getting more of the albums when I've got more cash.

Unfortunately, you aren't allowed to like rap/hip-hop on TRF. I predict the first volley of "OMG RAP SUX YOU LISTEN TO THAT??!?!? LOL11" in about 12 posts.

I SAY I hate rap, but I always loved the Raising Hell album, especially "It's Tricky." I replaced my turntable this summer and was finally able to play a lot of old vinyl albums I haven't heard in years. My little kids loved "It's Tricky," too, and requested that I play it all summer. laugh.gif

Run-DMC was awesome back in the day... when they hit the scene in 1982-83, it wasn't like anything that had come out to that point. And yes, the infusion of rock and hip-hop was innovative to where no one thought of it to that extent. Every time I hear it it takes me back.

I absolutely wore out the first album. Rock box and Sucker MC's are amazing.

The next two releases were good too but after that Public Enemy broke on the scene and changed everything IMO.

Rock Box

the king of rock video is funny and turned out to be true in terms of the RRHOF.

Archived