Limbo

Guest Quigley_Moog

Guest Quigley_Moog
Just bought T4E used for USD $3.99. What a deal!! I can't believe anyone would throw away this disc. It flippin rules. Limbo really caught my attention. I love the bass and drums in the beginning. What does everyone else think about Limbo, or T4E in general?

After buying Neil's instructional video, A Work in Progress, I have a new appreciation for T4E. He really breaks down the songs and shows the nuances that might not have been picked up on when you first listen to it. As for Limbo, I have always liked it because it sounds different than any other Rush instrumental. I hope to get a live recording of it someday!

Test For Echo rocks! Every song is great but my favorite is Virtuality.

Love the album and love Limbo as well...Love the...'what ever happened to my transylvania twist?'!! Great song. But, my favourite from the album is Half the World. It's just such a great tune.

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 18 2005, 01:43 PM)
Love the album and love Limbo as well...Love the...'what ever happened to my transylvania twist?'!! Great song. But, my favourite from the album is Half the World. It's just such a great tune.

Damn good song. I must say, I loved it on those T4E boots when they played it live. It sounds so much better live in my opinion. yes.gif

Damn good song. I must say, I loved it on those T4E boots when they played it live. It sounds so much better live in my opinion. 

Very true...I like the intro and outro with the plane, and before the plane fades away, Alex starts up the riff....very great tune!

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 18 2005, 02:04 PM)

Damn good song. I must say, I loved it on those T4E boots when they played it live. It sounds so much better live in my opinion. 

Very true...I like the intro and outro with the plane, and before the plane fades away, Alex starts up the riff....very great tune!

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

This is kind of off topic, but during the Counterparts tour I seem to remember an early version of Limbo being played over the speaker system while the crew was setting up before Rush started their concert. Anybody else remember that or is it my imagination?

I've commented on this song many times. Yes, it IS a sure feat. trink38.gif trink36.gif

QUOTE (JakeofThePlace @ Mar 19 2005, 11:41 PM)
This will offend most of you,but I know realitivly nothing of Rush...

That's not offensive at all. That's just an opportunity for so many great people here to introduce you to an incredible band.

Are you interested in the band at all? If you are, open your mind and open your ears. By the time this crew is done, you'll be a Rush-head like the rest of us.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 20 2005, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE (JakeofThePlace @ Mar 19 2005, 11:41 PM)
This will offend most of you,but I know realitivly nothing of Rush...

That's not offensive at all. That's just an opportunity for so many great people here to introduce you to an incredible band.

Are you interested in the band at all? If you are, open your mind and open your ears. By the time this crew is done, you'll be a Rush-head like the rest of us.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

He's heard Tom Sawyer and Fly By Night, and to my knowledge, Fly By Night is his favorite song ever.

It's so awesome to see positive comments about T4E. I get the feeling (especially after joining the forum) that a lot of people simply don't like this album.

I'm am such a HUGE fan of T4E. It has such a unique and distinctive sound and feeling to it.

So no shock when I say how good I think Limbo is. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Mar 19 2005, 09:58 PM)
He's heard Tom Sawyer and Fly By Night, and to my knowledge, Fly By Night is his favorite song ever.

Muahahahahaha...he's taken the bait and we're about to got our meathooks in 'im!!! 1287.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Mar 19 2005, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Mar 19 2005, 09:58 PM)

Muahahahahaha...he's taken the bait and we're about to got our meathooks in 'im!!! 1287.gif

1287.gif Yarr! Let's shave his belly and make 'em walk the plank!

Archived