Fake Rush Autographs on Ebay!!!

Syrinx

I know this has been covered before, but it really BUGS me to see people get burned over and over again!! mad.gif Please learn what their real signatures look like! Here are some current Ebay auctions:

Fake #1

Fake #2

Neil Peart Fake

Authentic Neil

Real Rush Sigs

There is some serious money going to waste. Hopefully the bidders aren't members of this forum. This is my little public service message!

How could you tell they were fake? It just comes with experience. I am a long time collector / dealer. All you have to do is compare the 2 lp's with the vapour trails poster. A big difference.

QUOTE (Eikon @ Mar 18 2005, 01:55 PM)
I would report the guy if you're really sure. I reported someone who was selling bootlegs, and his account was closed the very next day.

It might not work, however, considering I am sure very many people are selling fake autographs of so many bands on ebay. It's an easy way to make money, sadly, because a lot of people don't know the difference.

I can't believe people go out and spend big money on an autograph anyway. For music, sports or acters, whatever. The only way I would ever want an autograph is if I was there and they signed it for me right in front of my eyes, then that would be cool. I just don't see the big deal in signed pictures that they sell for big money on ebay of football playersand all that. My friend pays a lot of money for signed 8x10's of all the steelers. It's his money and he can do what he wants but I just don't see what the fascination is to be honest. confused13.gif

I bet theres a lot of people getting ripped off on a daily basis on signed autographs, they don't even know it, they still are thrilled because they think they have a signed 8x10 lol. If they don't know the difference then whats the difference anyway? ahahahahah

QUOTE (Eikon @ Mar 18 2005, 01:55 PM)
I would report the guy if you're really sure. I reported someone who was selling bootlegs, and his account was closed the very next day.

I seen people taping the sopranos on a VCR and selling the whole season for $30 on ebay. That's illegal as hell, people are nuts, I can't believe they get away with it all the time. But you wouldn't believe all the illegal stuff that's being sold on ebay as we speak.

I agree with Indy about autographs...it's cool if you get it in person because you know they actually signed it for YOU and so it's actually a momento of something, but I don't see the sense in buying autographs...if you didn't get it signed in person, it's simply a piece of paper or whatever with scribbling on it.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 18 2005, 07:45 PM)
For music, sports or acters, whatever.

I said acters ahahaha, I need an instant spell checker program.

ACTORS!!!! actors!!!!!!!!! actors!!!!!!!! DAMN.

There's some show out (can't remember the name of it) where they get someone who is a huge fan of someone famous and they let that person go into their room and decorate it however they want, without the person knowing it. Well anyway, Tommy Lee was doing some guys room and this guy was such a huge fan of Tommy, he had posters all over his wall and all sort of Tommy lee dolls and drums just like his and all this crazy stuff, the dood was obsessed with him. Tommy was amazed at all the stuff in the guys room and how much the guy was into him. But anyway he saw a picture on the wall that was suposibly signed by Tommy and Tommy picked the picture up and said "what the hell is this"??? The doods girlfriend said, what? What do you mean, he said I never signed that picture, that's not even close to being my signature ahahahaha. He's like "THATS A FAKE MAN"..................It happens quite often. I just thought it was funny, the guy probably paid $100 for it on ebay ahahahahaha. DERRRRRRR. rofl3.gif

All right....you can flame me at the end of this. Really, it's okay. There should be a disclaimer that this opinion isn't shared by the masses! laugh.gif

Anyway, I work for a national media outlet (a magazine). At different events I see the drivers, music celebrities, actors, actresses, etc. getting inundated by people looking for an autograph. Usually that person signs on the fly and never even makes eye contact with the recipient. The sad thing is that most of those will end up on Ebay instead of on the recipient's wall. mad.gif

Just couldn't see what the "value" of an autograph was unless you got it for yourself. Like I've brought my boy with me and he's had people autograph his stuff and it means the world to him. There's this moment where he meets the "celebrity" and the celebrity acknowledges this cute kid and usually has something nice to say to him. There's some kind of meaning in that moment when you're eye to eye with the person.

Now that's just my opinion and I'm a jaded old lady wink.gif , but if you weren't there to get the autograph and you can't even be sure that the "real deal" signed it, what fun is it?. cool.gif

Now I'll shut up.

Pickle

2.gif

QUOTE (hemispherical @ Mar 19 2005, 11:01 AM)
All right....you can flame me at the end of this. Really, it's okay. There should be a disclaimer that this opinion isn't shared by the masses! laugh.gif

Anyway, I work for a national media outlet (a magazine). At different events I see the drivers, music celebrities, actors, actresses, etc. getting inundated by people looking for an autograph. Usually that person signs on the fly and never even makes eye contact with the recipient. The sad thing is that most of those will end up on Ebay instead of on the recipient's wall. mad.gif

Just couldn't see what the "value" of an autograph was unless you got it for yourself. Like I've brought my boy with me and he's had people autograph his stuff and it means the world to him. There's this moment where he meets the "celebrity" and the celebrity acknowledges this cute kid and usually has something nice to say to him. There's some kind of meaning in that moment when you're eye to eye with the person.

Now that's just my opinion and I'm a jaded old lady wink.gif , but if you weren't there to get the autograph and you can't even be sure that the "real deal" signed it, what fun is it?. cool.gif

Now I'll shut up.
Pickle

2.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 18 2005, 06:44 PM)
Didn't you buy an "Autographed" Permanent Waves vinyl a while back Billy?

Didn't we go over this already? How many times do I need to tell you? confused13.gif My dad got it as a gift for me. Even though it's probably fake, I think it was nice of him to get it for me. I just feel bad for him if it is a fake.

Archived