Haha----cool

My_Shrimp_Cot

Rush, Drumline Style!: The Placer Highschool Drumline, from Auburn California, will be performing a medley of Rush at this Friday's "Winter Drumline and Guard Spectacular". The piece entitled "Red Star" opens with "YYZ", then goes into the intro of "The Spirit Of Radio" and ends with "Tom Sawyer". Placer High Drumline Coach Mark Leftridge writes that "although the line were newcomers to Rush, they were intrigued when a bass player and guitar player arrived at Drumline rehearsal. The music is by far the toughest music they have seen to date as we endeavor to split Neil's arms and legs across 11 drummers!! This is by no means a 'traditional' competition piece, but as this is our innagural year, we wanted to go in and make a statement and not worry about the expected pomp and circumstance of the event, rather to entertain drummers from all over the state." The Winter Drumline and Guard Spectacular takes place this Friday, Mar. 18th, at Del Oro High School in Loomis California. First line steps off at 5pm PST, Placer High is at 6:00pm. - Mar. 16, 2005

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/News.htm

Would love to see this! yes.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

ranton.gif

That's amazing! I wish my drumline could do something as cool as that, but were probably not good enough to do Yyz. I am currently working on writing a winter drumline show based on 2112. It sounds really awesome. Also i recently found out that Capital Sound, a DCI drum corps, used Yyz in one of their drums breaks like back in the 80s. Pretty awesome stuff!

rantoff.gif

I grew up in Auburn CA and I live 15 minutes from Del Oro High School.. But I won't be able to go.. mad.gif Too bad I didn't hear about it until now..... that would have been cool to hear..

2.gif

I don't mean to sound a bit dim but what is this this drumline thing.It's not like marching bands or anything....y'know, kazoos and stuff?And i guess it's a school thing?Us Brits really are pretty rubbish you know we wouldn't dream of doing something similar.

Hats off to them boarder.gif

Can someone tell me why there is a sheep smilie thing there? msn_sheep.png

I would love to be part of that group instead of watching it! Still sounds really cool though.

msn_sheep.png

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Mar 18 2005, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 18 2005, 06:48 PM)
Bleh. I hate sheep.

ohmy.gif mad.gif

you have angered the sheep gods.. msn_sheep.png

fear their wrath.

LMAO!!! msn_sheep.png msn_sheep.png

Archived