A show of hands?

peartisgod

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/Videography.htm

"A Show Of Hands (VHS/Laserdisk [out of print]), 1988 (laserdisk out of print)

Polygram Music Video 0741 760-3. National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, England April 21, 23, and 24, 1988. 90 minutes.

The Big Money, Marathon, Turn The Page, Prime Mover, Manhattan Project, Closer To The Heart, Red Sector A, Force Ten, Lock And Key (laserdisc only), Mission, Territories, The Rhythm Method (drum solo), The Spirit Of Radio, Tom Sawyer, 2112/La Villa Strangiato/In The Mood"

*Three Stooges Intro* (animated)

The Big Money

Marathon

Turn The Page

Prime Mover

Manhattan Project

Closer To The Heart

Red Sector A

Force Ten

Mission

Territories

YYZ / The Rhythm Method

The Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112 / La Villa Strangiato / In The Mood

...It's a REALLY cool video. You should buy it...it's worth it. yes.gif

-Matt

It goes like this:

Intro

The Big Money

Marathon

Turn the Page

Prime Mover

Manhattan Project

Closer to the Heart

Red Sector A

Force Ten

Mission

Territories

The Rhythm Method (drum solo)

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112/La Villa Strangiato/In the Mood 2.gif

I have a question...even though YYZ is on the ASoH video, why is it NOT listed on the video case..or ANYWHERE that has the song list for the video? It kinda pisses me off for some reason... mad.gif I guarentee the MY verson of the ASoH songlist is probably the ONLY version ANYWHERE out there, with YYZ included, lol laugh.gif

By the way...I mean NO offense to those on this message board who did not include YYZ...I'm just wondering, thats all...it's cool... cool.gif

-Matt

ASoH is better

It is longer and a better performance.

I hope in the next dvd collection (it has to happen)

They uncover some real early stuff like AFtK footage cool.gif

Personaly, I think the ASoH video is superb and well the money. Then again, I'm biased as I was there when it was filmed and it brings back such memories.

On a more serious note,, it think its better than the ESL video because of the format. Its presented as a full concert and you don't get the interviews between the songs which spoils ESL for me.

In my collection...quality wise ASOH, and better setlist...ASOH...altogether...ASOH! Great vibe to the crowd which is very important to me. I love the crowd!

Too funny. I'm sitting here on the computer this afternoon watching both VHS as I have them listed on Ebay right now. That said, I like them both for different reasons. tongue.gif

Exit...Stage Left was the HUGE Rush album when I was first getting into Rush back in the dark ages of around 1980 (in junior high school). You know, when all my book covers looked like the cover of 2112 or RUSH. Back when I'd sit at my friend's house who had cable and wait for Red Barchetta (remember Neil and throwing up the drumsticks?) to come on MTV! So the Exit Stage Left Show follows along with the album and videos I first remember and love. I can do without the interviews in between, though. But if you are a fan from the Moving Pictures era, it's a must. It's got: Limelight, Tom Sawyer, The Trees, Xanadu, Red Barchetta (favorite twisty roads driving tune), Free Will, CLoser to the Heart, YYZ, Medley: By-Tor & the Snow Dogs, In the ENd, In the Mood, 2112 Finale.

Show of Hands has better quality. It's a longer show (90 minutes vs. 60 minutes for ESL). The quality is better. Everything is slicker. It's more like watching a concert. It has The Big Money, Marathon, Turn the Page, Prime Mover, Manhattan Project, Closer to the Heart, Red Sector A, Force Ten, Mission, Territories, The Rhythm Method, THe Spirt of Radio, TOm Sawyer, 2112/Villa Strangiato/In the Mood. It also feels (for my era Rush fan) like it has more of the "commercial era" Rush.

So now that I've run on at the mouth, I love them both! You just can't get enough of live Rush on video regardless of when it was recorded. wub.gif

Pickle

Rush Geek

2.gif

Good shout 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Show of Hands has better quality. It's a longer show (90 minutes vs. 60 minutes for ESL). The quality is better. Everything is slicker. It's more like watching a concert. It has The Big Money, Marathon, Turn the Page, Prime Mover, Manhattan Project, Closer to the Heart, Red Sector A, Force Ten, Mission, Territories, The Rhythm Method, THe Spirt of Radio, TOm Sawyer, 2112/Villa Strangiato/In the Mood. It also feels (for my era Rush fan) like it has more of the "commercial era" Rush.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 16 2005, 07:00 PM)
It's not on dvd yet

unsure.gif

A Show of Hands DVD

-released in Brazil. Apparently the peeps who made this also made ESL on DVD.

I've seen ASOH in the states. No I don't own it...yet cool.gif .

Just make sure you have the right DVD player before you spend your money on the Brazilian DVD's. They are usually coded Region 0. US and Canadian DVD's are region 1. Lots of Region 1 DVD players come out of the box set up to play nothing but Region 1 DVD's. There is, however, usually a "hack" that can make your player all region (mad scientest laugh hoo ha ha ha ha!). Some are easier than others. Some it's just a matter of entering a special code in the menu or a series of buttons.

I only mention this because I'm a serious geek for Hong Kong action movies and had to import a bunch from Asia that were Region 0 coded. The guy told me that they should play on anything, but after spending the $$ found out otherwise. mad.gif

Most computers will play all regions, though. You just may need to change some settings. comp26.gif

Sorry if that sounds preachy, just don't want anyone to find themselves out $$$ and not able to play their shiny new DVDs!

Pickle

I think I may be in the minority here, but of all the official released videos, A Show of Hands is my least favorite by far. I can't remember the last time I watched it. I can't put my finger on, maybe the production is too slick or something, but I just get bored with it.

On the other hand, the Grace Under Pressure show is my favorite. I wish it would be released on DVD with the missing songs.

Archived