Rush 'Moving Pictures' Rock Band Multi-tracks

Show Don't Tell

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 10 2010, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (tascam @ Oct 30 2009, 10:09 PM)
Also....does The Camera Eye work for everyone?  I just get a bad MP3 in the 42MB download.

I got the same thing, just an mp3. Anyone have the separated mogg file for this song?

Me too. Anyone have a good copy of The Camera Eye?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 21 2009, 03:22 AM)
What's with the ending on "Tom Sawyer"? No fade like on the album. I guess they had second thoughts about it after they recorded it and faded it early...only to do the full ending anyway when they play it live.  huh.gif

I think RockBand just edited that ending in. Rush probably did continue to jam on it to later fade it out for the album. I think it's just because it's RockBand, they wanted to have actual endings in stead of fade-outs for the game. After all, it's not too often to band's fade out their songs when performing live. wink.gif

QUOTE (RUSH-2112 @ Mar 29 2010, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 10 2010, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (tascam @ Oct 30 2009, 10:09 PM)
Also....does The Camera Eye work for everyone?  I just get a bad MP3 in the 42MB download.

I got the same thing, just an mp3. Anyone have the separated mogg file for this song?

Me too. Anyone have a good copy of The Camera Eye?

Hmm, that's weird... I swear it worked before, but now it's not working for me either.

I uploaded the tracks in separate FLAC files, for which Audacity has native support.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P3GCSNZX

QUOTE (cygnify @ Sep 28 2010, 01:30 PM)
I wonder if multi-track ogg files of 2112 derived from the new Guitar Hero game will surface? smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing which is why I am looking in this thread!

biggrin.gif

I have played through this on bass btw and the mix in the game is horrible. However it is very enlightening.

I've been using these isolated tracks to duplicate Rush sounds on my synthesizer and have patches for most of Moving Pictures very close!

There are still a few things I need to get right. The sound in the intro to Witch Hunt and also the main synth just don't sound good.

Bumpity Bump Bump!

For those looking for the 2112 Multi-Tracks, They are out there on the internet. However apparently the quality isn't too good. I'll see if I can find better quality versions of them.

EDIT: It looks like Oveture/Temples are not from the album version of the songs, possibly alternate takes/live version.

EDIT: Can make the conclusion that Overture is at least from All The World's A Stage CD (except for the "The Meek" part). Temples is possibly from the same source, but the acoustic part added to the end of it instead of the live source.

There are some small differences between the All The World's A Stage versions and the GH version, I don't have the remasters of the CD so the differences could possibly be from there, I'd just need confirmation.

Edited by FoG

Thank you so much for posting these. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

I used the YYZ mogg to do a drum cover:

This was one of the first songs I learned on drums over 20 years ago. I would have killed for these multi tracks back then!

yeah I flipped out when I got Working Man a few years back, yet to do a cover of that.. But after time machine tour, Camera Eye grew on me so I did a cover of it with the backing track and my own touches.

I've got CTTH (also great sound, mogg file) and Spirit of Radio (Exit Stage Left live, they alter Geddy's pitch, each track is it's own mp3 file), I have never found a working d/l of Trees yet, thought I did but link didn't work.

Also if you've got the 5.1 mix of Snakes & Arrows there was a way you could tap into each track and create some close to full backing tracks for guitar.

Haha! I never ever heard the "process information" geddy slowed down vocals, oh man what a trip! can't hear it on my mp cd, weird. maybe they (rock band) used a demo or something. Weird.

I just want The Spirit of Radio live 6/17/80, the clean track, meaning no game noises, from Guitar Hero 5, in mp3 format.

I've searched all over and no dice. The best 'version' of the song on youtube is still someone playing the game and recording it. The silly game noises are in there and it ruins the song.

I want just the audio track.