Rush 'Moving Pictures' Rock Band Multi-tracks

Show Don't Tell

Hey, guys, I downloaded these tracks a while ago. If you play guitar, bass, drums, or sing, or play keyboards -- whatever the guys do, you're gonna love these. You can play only certain tracks, isolate your instrument, etc. etc. If you play guitar, mute the guitar tracks and play along yourself! Same goes for bass, drums, whatever. I must say, it's so fun to jam along and pretend I'm Alex! biggrin.gif

The files are in multi-track OGG format. You will need Audacity to open, play and manipulate the files, or some other software that handles MOGG files (I don't know of any others).

Well, here they are:

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

***BONUS*** Working Man Vault Edition

(Note: There is some bleed-through on some of the tracks, but it is very faint.)

Enjoy! smile.gif music.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Sep 27 2009, 03:27 PM)
Hey, guys, I downloaded these tracks a while ago. If you play guitar, bass, drums, or sing, or play keyboards -- whatever the guys do, you're gonna love these. You can play only certain tracks, isolate your instrument, etc. etc. If you play guitar, mute the guitar tracks and play along yourself! Same goes for bass, drums, whatever. I must say, it's so fun to jam along and pretend I'm Alex! biggrin.gif

The files are in multi-track OGG format. You will need Audacity to open, play and manipulate the files, or some other software that handles MOGG files (I don't know of any others).

Where can I find more songs?? 653.gif

Thanks so much for posting these, ShowDontTell!!!!

Did you convert these to mogg yourself, or did you find them online somewhere?

Also, Closer To The Heart and The Trees are available on Rockband...would you have the mogg versions of these two songs?

Thanks again! biggrin.gif

Also....does The Camera Eye work for everyone? I just get a bad MP3 in the 42MB download.

Edited by tascam

QUOTE (tascam @ Oct 30 2009, 11:09 PM)
Did you convert these to mogg yourself, or did you find them online somewhere?

I found them online.

QUOTE (tascam @ Oct 30 2009, 11:09 PM)
Also, Closer To The Heart and The Trees are available on Rockband...would you have the mogg versions of these two songs?

I don't have Trees or CTTH. I'll keep my eyes open, though. smile.gif

I have them, they were bundled in the download I got. I converted the ogg files to m4a myself. However I didn't convert the Trees or CTTH.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Nov 3 2009, 04:32 PM)
I have them, they were bundled in the download I got. I converted the ogg files to m4a myself. However I didn't convert the Trees or CTTH.

Thanks for offering the extra files to me....not to worry, I made my own multitrack versions myself directly into Pro Tools from my PS3.

WOW! drool1.gif I finally got around to playing along with TS with my gear and HOLY SHIT!!! It's like jamming with Neil and Geddy. I have a small PA set up in my jam room and I ran my iPod through the PA with a copy of TS I made using Audacity where I deleted the guitar track. I play loud (you have to with two 100W amps) so I cranked the PA up as loud as it would go. I must have played TS four times in a row I was having so much fun. This is awesome. smile.gif

I've also discovered that my attempt to match Alex's tone is much better than I thought it was. When matched with the bass, I sound almost identical to the recording. I have to get this recorded.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Nov 19 2009, 04:57 PM)
WOW!  drool1.gif  I finally got around to playing along with TS with my gear and HOLY SHIT!!!  It's like jamming with Neil and Geddy.  I have a small PA set up in my jam room and I ran my iPod through the PA with a copy of TS I made using Audacity where I deleted the guitar track.  I play loud (you have to with two 100W amps) so I cranked the PA up as loud as it would go.  I must have played TS four times in a row I was having so much fun.  This is awesome. smile.gif

I've also discovered that my attempt to match Alex's tone is much better than I thought it was.  When matched with the bass, I sound almost identical to the recording.  I have to get this recorded.

Nice! Let's hear it!

What's with the ending on "Tom Sawyer"? No fade like on the album. I guess they had second thoughts about it after they recorded it and faded it early...only to do the full ending anyway when they play it live. huh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 20 2009, 11:22 PM)
WOW!  drool1.gif  I finally got around to playing along with TS with my gear and HOLY SHIT!!!  It's like jamming with Neil and Geddy.  I have a small PA set up in my jam room and I ran my iPod through the PA with a copy of TS I made using Audacity where I deleted the guitar track.  I play loud (you have to with two 100W amps) so I cranked the PA up as loud as it would go.  I must have played TS four times in a row I was having so much fun.  This is awesome. smile.gif

I've also discovered that my attempt to match Alex's tone is much better than I thought it was.  When matched with the bass, I sound almost identical to the recording.  I have to get this recorded.

Nice! Let's hear it!

What's with the ending on "Tom Sawyer"? No fade like on the album. I guess they had second thoughts about it after they recorded it and faded it early...only to do the full ending anyway when they play it live. huh.gif

OK I finally got around to recording this. This recording was meant to just be a test of the three mics I was using but it turned out half way decent. You can definitely hear my mistakes (and some feedback laugh.gif ) but I think the tone turned out well. I plan to have another go at the performance this week.

Check it out.

TS Test.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Feb 28 2010, 12:31 PM)

Nice! Let's hear it!

OK I finally got around to recording this. This recording was meant to just be a test of the three mics I was using but it turned out half way decent. You can definitely hear my mistakes (and some feedback laugh.gif ) but I think the tone turned out well. I plan to have another go at the performance this week.

Check it out.

TS Test.

Nice! Tone sounds real good, very close to Alex's. A more polished performance (which we all know you're capable of -- this was just a test) and having the rhythm track a little higher in the mix is all you have left to do. Look forward to hearing it!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 28 2010, 11:59 AM)

Nice! Let's hear it!

Check it out.

TS Test.

Nice! Tone sounds real good, very close to Alex's. A more polished performance (which we all know you're capable of -- this was just a test) and having the rhythm track a little higher in the mix is all you have left to do. Look forward to hearing it!

Thanks! OK, by rhythm track, do you mean the backing tracks all together or are you speaking about one component of the backing track? For some reason, the keyboards came out very loud in the mix when I converted the .MOGG to an MP3.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Feb 28 2010, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 28 2010, 11:59 AM)

Nice! Let's hear it!

Check it out.

TS Test.

Thanks! OK, by rhythm track, do you mean the backing tracks all together or are you speaking about one component of the backing track? For some reason, the keyboards came out very loud in the mix when I converted the .MOGG to an MP3.

I'm talking about the whole guitar track apart from the solo. IMO it was too low in the mix.

Nice! Let's hear it!

Check it out.

TS Test.

1022.gif That was great! I agree with 1-0-0, the guitar needs to be more up front in the mix, though. But as far as your playing and tone, it blew me away!