For the Signature Guitar fans

SignatureAurora75

Signature Odyssey (manufactured by Larivee, Neck-thru with Evans E-2 splittable humbucker, 2 Evans E-1 Hot Rhythm/ Schaller tuners and bridge)

Not bad for a 22 year old guitar eh?

Very nice sustain. Nice comfortable thin neck! The gold is fading on the wammy bar. I could probably just buy a new gold wammy. The frets look like they've got a few years of life left. The guitar actually looks a little deeper red in person than the pictures. I've noticed it's started to fade into somewhat of an orange in some spots. I actually don't mind that... I thought about putting it in the sun to fade it to more orange, but I was worried that the heat might warp the neck or something!

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww289/shepwhite2112/Picture001.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww289/shepwhite2112/Picture003.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww289/shepwhite2112/Picture.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww289/shepwhite2112/Picture20.jpg

Edited by SignatureAurora75

Veeery Sweeet! I find the Neck Throughs to be much nicer than the bolt-ons. They play like butter and have great sustain for floating tremolo guitars.

Number 936, eh? I got an identical one, 926. I bought it in 1998 as NOS from the luthier that purchased the remaining guitars off the Signature assembly line in 1991. He finished it with Evans but they did not have the "Signature" stencil on the pickups. I always assumed it was the last one made, but since the serial numbers start at 925, it might actually be the second one made (?).

Still kicking myself for missing out on that Visionary 2 years ago while I was out of work...

QUOTE (mrbarlint @ Sep 25 2009, 12:09 PM)
Nice guitar!!! A most excellent pick up SigAurora75!!! Though, you would probably think I would like it. Congrats to you and good luck with it man.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! I knew you would like it Barlint! PW guitarist you better hold on to yours for a long long time, you got 926. That is quite a guitar I'm sure, as it probably is a gem made with the finest material that came to Signature in the early days. I asked Mr. Russ Heinl if he knew the serial # of Alex's Great White and he said it was probably 925, which would be the first production Signature.

There is a prototype Signature for sale that is marked #0001. That guitar is the one pictured on the center of the brochure. The guy who's trying to sell it wants $3500.00 for it. I said keep dreamin pal... no one's going to buy it for that ridiculous price. It's the same exact guitar as mine shown here! I got mine for a small fraction of that. rofl3.gif

very nice, I've never seen them on ebay......it's tough to search for Signature Guitar with 10,000 from every artist signature series popping up. And apparently "Aurora" is also a cheap acoustic maker that clouds up searches too. Edited by jdouglas

They do come up on Ebay once in a blue moon. That's how I got my other two. You're definitely right about the searches. It makes it very hard to narrow them down and to find out information because of the Signature name.

If I get a Visionary, I might consider putting this one and maybe my Oracle up for sale.

One Visionary just sold on Ebay for about 2k. That one was in Italy. Strangely I've talked to some other Visionary owners that are located in Europe. I've talked to a fellow from Poland, and I've heard of one other that was in Belgium.

AnalogAlex don't be surprised, I'd bet there are a few floating around the UK too! My Aurora actually came from an owner in the UK.

I have a Signature Oracle number 957 that I bought directly from Russ Heinl shortly before they folded. I worked for him in the facility in Aurora, Ontario from September to the new year. I was completely taken by surprise when he laid me off, but I did manage to recognize that with the business seemingly going into receivership I had a great chance to get one of the guitars for a very good price. I left poorer than I would have liked but the guitar was worth it and more.

Now I am thinking of selling it. I barely play any more. If you are interested we can take this offline from the Rush forum. Email me @ richard.barquentine@gmail.com.