Hey Boyz...I'd like you to do another cover CD!

osage2112

Seriously...there are too many songs out there that would sound better if you did them.

Case in point, for those of you who do not dig every last one of the Grateful Dead's songs, like me...some are too disco sounding (Shakedown Street) and some just tantric you to death.

However some Heady Reggae Artists coverered some GD songs that beat the originals hands down. You owe it to yourself to listen to Fire on the Mountain: Reggae celebrates the Grateful Dead Volume 2. Way better than Volume 1. Of note are tracks 1, 2, 6, 8, 10, 13.

So come on boyz, I'd like to hear you guys rip some Stevie Rave On (pun), Elvis Costello...or, anybody else want to bend the boyz' ears?

BTW...a huge thank you for taking your skills out on the road for R30...Europe is your playground from now on and SA awaits with relish. I saw the San Antonio show and Houston show. Houston was kinda like deja vu...humid, sweaty, you guys rocked out and synched to Red Barchetta and the Cynthia Woods crowd basked in the glow...period.

Osage2112 cool10.gif

i'm really glad they did a covers EP because if they hung it up leaving the fans to wonder what it would be like for RUSH to cover other materiel, well, that would simply leave us wondering.

thanks for FEEDBACK. i like SHAPES OF THINGS alot and the drums sound rules, especially on SUMMERTIME BLUES. now if anyone digresses on "i wish they would have played fewer covers on the tour" i will shoot you on the spot.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Mar 16 2005, 11:33 AM)
now if anyone digresses on "i wish they would have played fewer covers on the tour" i will shoot you on the spot.

I will help you aim. ohmy.gif

I find it hard to believe some fans would complain when the Boyz were playing these songs out of pure Fun and Joy. They log the miles and smiles...for our enjoyment. I wouldn't care if they did a tour of nothing but covers, they'd still rock.

Osage2112 2.gif

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Mar 16 2005, 03:05 PM)
I find it hard to believe some fans would complain when the Boyz were playing these songs out of pure Fun and Joy. They log the miles and smiles...for our enjoyment. I wouldn't care if they did a tour of nothing but covers, they'd still rock.
Osage2112 2.gif

Couldnt agree more.

Watching them play Summertime Blues and Crossroads for their encore during the R30 tour, I could actually feel their enjoyment whilst playing them. Helped the songs sound just that bit more awesome than they do on Feedback!

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 16 2005, 02:40 PM)
now if anyone digresses on "i wish they would have played fewer covers on the tour" i will shoot you on the spot.

Please choose your weapon, because you will have to shoot me. ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

Feedback is the only Rush CD I never bought. I bought the other ones multiple times because I wore them out. laugh.gif

I might get it one day. I heard all the tunes on that cd though but I never have the urge to listen to them. That's just me though, it's cool that other people like it. I'm sure they had fun recording it and playing some covers live. I'm not complaining, it's just that I never felt like buying it yet.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 16 2005, 09:00 PM)
I hope they do more covers ... I loved feedback ... I would love for them to do a RUSH version of Frankenstein.

I probably told this story before but I played at a bar in Indiana and the owner of the bar was related to the bass player that played in Edgar Winters band and he had the bass that was used to record Frankenstein. I thought that was cool as hell, I figured what the hell, got up the nerve, then asked if he would let me play it on 1 song that night and he said yes!!!!! The bass player played some guitar too so we played Nirvanna's "My Apoligy" and I played that bass. I forgot all about that until you just said "Frankenstein"...... I know it's not really that big of a deal but I thought it was pretty cool really because that has always been one of my favorite songs so that made it that much more cool. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 16 2005, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 16 2005, 09:00 PM)
I hope they do more covers ... I loved feedback ... I would love for them to do a RUSH version of Frankenstein.

I probably told this story before but I played at a bar in Indiana and the owner of the bar was related to the bass player that played in Edgar Winters band and he had the bass that was used to record Frankenstein. I thought that was cool as hell, I figured what the hell, got up the nerve, then asked if he would let me play it on 1 song that night and he said yes!!!!! The bass player played some guitar too so we played Nirvanna's "My Apoligy" and I played that bass. I forgot all about that until you just said "Frankenstein"...... I know it's not really that big of a deal but I thought it was pretty cool really because that has always been one of my favorite songs so that made it that much more cool. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

NICE Indi!! trink39.gif great experience.

Yea ... that has been one of my favorite instrumentals for ever. I always wondered how RUSH would put their stamp on it.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 16 2005, 06:00 PM)

I too loved Feedback, it took me back to my youth and to a more R&B musically centered time zone. I'd love to hear them do another Who song (Behind blue eyes), or two, a Beach Boys song (California Girls) or two, another Yardbirds song, and maybe, just for fun an Animals (House of the rising sun) song or maybe a kicked-up version of Steppenwolfs Born to be wild or Magic carpet ride.

There are others....

Or, or something original would be just fine too, I hunger for new Rush baby... I hunger for new Rush!!

QUOTE (BB&B @ Mar 16 2005, 08:01 PM)

Please choose your weapon, because you will have to shoot me. ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Mar 17 2005, 02:35 AM)

*stands in line to be shot on the spot*

I am glad someone agrees with me. Moonraker, do you want to go first or should I? rofl3.gif laugh.gif

waffen093.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 17 2005, 09:21 AM)

waffen093.gif

You are doing the world a big favor by eliminating me.

My face is "twisted and grotesque"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/BenBetAndBeh/scaryStuff09.jpg

"Mmmm, Mash goooood"

I guess if I had to have a revulsion factor to one of the Rush CD's / albums, it would be Hold your Fire. Way too mellow and intro...loved Time Stand Still but that was about it. Feedback was foot tapping fun compared to HYF.

Archived